Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Who in your opinion is the BEST FF HEroine? (please choose only ONE)
Aerith Gainsborough (the last surviving Cetra) 6 35.29%
Rinoa Heartilly (the sorceress) 1 5.88%
Princess Garnet Til Alexandros XVII (one of the last survivors of the Summoning Tribe of Madain Sari) 5 29.41%
Yuna (the summoner from Spira) 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2003-12-25, 12:59 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
I nearly got FFX-2 for Christmas. But the damn sales clerk told my dad that he shouldn't get it if I've never played FFX, which I have (however little). So now I don't have it, and I want to play it, cause now I have a shiney new PS2.

*basks in it's ever-lasting glory*

Btw Cerridwen, why not just make a thread dedicated to Yu-Gi-Oh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-27, 06:43 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
I don't think it'd be applicable to here, besides, somebody suggested an anime thread over at Zelaron Melee and nothing came out of it.

But why? The FFX2 story's different from FFX, although there are still some things about X2's story that tells of some things over at X. Maybe the sales clerk just wants you to not feel frustrated, angry, or something (there are some spoilers...?). And what the hell does he care anyway, you wanna buy it, you're the customer. He can't tell you what not or what to buy.

Hey, it's a close race between Aerith and Garnet! HAPPY~~~!!!
Life is short.
Let's all grab a BEER~~~!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:19 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Or maybe the sales clerk is slightly touched in the head?

Anyway, on topic. I pick Yuna, for lack of someone better to pick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:41 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
That poll sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-12-28, 06:41 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
@ Kuja's #1
Why, you wanted Tifa? If she WAS the heroine, why doesn't she show up in other games, like Aerith does? And among these fabulous heroines, 2 get to be incarnated as themselves/or sort of themselves in other games.

Aerith:
FFVII
FF Tactics
Kingdom Hearts

Yuna:
FFX
FFX-2

Besides, I'm not forcing you to vote on the poll, so if you don't want the "menu", then don't vote.

Question:
Why the heck does Rinoa still keep her mother's maiden name, even though she's the daughter of General Caraway? Can somebody please EXPLAIN?
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2003-12-28, 07:32 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Cerridwen said:
Question:
Why the heck does Rinoa still keep her mother's maiden name, even though she's the daughter of General Caraway? Can somebody please EXPLAIN?
I'm guessing it has to do with her work with the Forest Owls. If she's using her mother's name, some might not recognise the connection.

That and she doesn't get along with her father very well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-30, 01:23 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
i think squall is the best.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
<jw>leon_hart is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between<jw>leon_hart is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

<jw>leon_hart

Posted 2003-12-30, 02:57 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Yes, Squall is most definately the best female heroine.

It amazes me how stupid people can be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-31, 11:39 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Rinoa had a point in the story Raziel. It is supposed to represent that love can never be trully broken. The daughter of his first love fell in love with the son of his second love. Trully touching.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-01, 03:36 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Wow. That fact...I've always known it, but I've never put it together.

...Laguna is such a man-whore.

But yeah, Rinoa had a major part in the game. Heiress to the powers of Adel, and such. And she's the one that brought Squall back at the ending. As much as I hate her in that game, the ending to FFVIII kicked ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-03, 01:46 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Why is Aeris in more games than Tifa? I do not know. Because the disturbed and highly retarded public seems to like her more. Aeris died! SHE IS NOT A HEROINE! THERE WAS TWO DISKS MORE OF THE GAME AFTER SHE DIED!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-08, 07:22 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
The mere fact that she was put in other games attests to her character's charisma, which "certain" other characters are lacking.

I don't really like the "true-love-conquers-all" theme of FFVIII that the heroine has to chase the hero all around the game to get him to realize that DAMN he has fallen in love with her. I still don't KNOW how the feather got in THERE. XP

I agree with your thoughts on that one, Rurouni, but another question arises: why the heck has Squall used his mother's maiden name when Raine's tombstone in the ending clearly stated "RAINE LOIRE"?

Oh, and Kagom, it's a known fact that I absolutely abhor Rinoa, but it didn't mean that I pasted that hideous picture on this thread to spite you. It's because all other good CG pics I found about her all turn into little red X's when I try to post it, and that pic was the only one which didn't.
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Cerridwen

Posted 2004-01-08, 09:48 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Cerridwen said:
I agree with your thoughts on that one, Rurouni, but another question arises: why the heck has Squall used his mother's maiden name when Raine's tombstone in the ending clearly stated "RAINE LOIRE"?
Good question, but I wonder if someone at the orphanage renamed him?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-08, 10:17 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Well, he didn't know his parents right? So maybe, Elione gave him Raine's last name?
~$$)Nikkolas($$~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nikkolas

Posted 2004-01-09, 08:12 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Maybe Raine doesn't want Laguna to know he had a son by her, so she had Squall retain her maiden name...? OO;; But....WHY? See, even Laguna was surprised. Uh...OK, mildly surprised.
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Cerridwen

Posted 2004-01-09, 09:59 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Well Raine died shortly after giving birth to him right?
~$$)Nikkolas($$~

Last edited by Nikkolas; 2004-01-09 at 10:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nikkolas

Posted 2004-01-13, 06:59 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
That could be it. Still, she carried Laguna's surname. They WERE married.

Anyway back on topic. Aerith = 3 votes, Rinoa = 1, Garnet = 4, Yuna = 2. Why oh why should they deserve to be the best heroine...? All my posts relating to their skills and what-nots are just my humble opinions...I want to know what you guys think. And why "Heroine A" is better than "Heroine B."
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Cerridwen

Posted 2004-01-13, 07:20 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
I already explained my opinions in detail. Garnet was the only one of the four that served an actual purpose in her game's story besides being the love interest for the hero.

Aeris - Her entire purpose was to soften Cloud's heart and to summon Holy. Beyond those two things, her character didn't evolve or expand at all.

Rinoa - Her entire purpose was to soften Squall's heart and to become Edea's replacement as the Sorceress. However, her transformation into the sorceress did little to alter the course of the story overall, considering Squall and the rest of the party treated her as though nothing had happened at all.

Yuna - Her entire purpose was for Tidus to obsess over her. In the end, her entire quest turned out to be a sham, so her necessity to the story was nullified.

Garnet, on the other hand, served as a character that evolved and expanded much more than any of the others did. She went from being a snotty brat to being a self-sufficient leader over the course of the epic. Her purpose in the story was actually more pivotal and emotional than Zidane's throughout the majority of the quest. She had value and importance out the wahoo, whereas the others were sorely lacking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-13, 09:56 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
They were married. But for how long? She might've already been pregnent.

Who says they got married. She might've died be4 the wedding.

Here are my thoughts on each of the listed heroins.

Rinoa: Represents the "love wins all" them of FFVIII.

Aeris: Represents a highly retarded world of dumbases.(not the Ancients, the people who like her over Tifa(

Garnet: The strongest out of all the characters. She represented overcoming the need to rely on others.

Yuna: Well, her quest being a sham is the whole point of the game. Or, maybe a major point of the game anyway.

Tifa: A friend of Cloud's. She wanted to aid her so she helped him.

Last edited by Kuja`s #1; 2004-01-13 at 10:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-15, 06:16 AM in reply to Cerridwen's post "Best Final Fantasy Heroine"
Um...I was referring to the others who posted here but not yet fully explained their thoughts on them, Raziel.

As for Raine getting pregnant before the wedding, Kuja's, it's not that hard to imagine, but she was Raine LOIRE as engraved or whatever in the tombstone. I really think she doesn't want Laguna to know about Squall.
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Cerridwen