Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post what are the best mf skills for sorc?
Posted 2003-11-17, 10:04 PM
hey for an mf sorc what are the best skills to get in 1.10, is orb still pretty good? what are some skill suggestions, thx for ur advice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2003-11-18, 02:57 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
well, this is a hard question..

i can only share my thoughts about it..

I guess you wanna do hell mf runs, and playing in a solo game and trying to reach the end bosses could be pretty hard, and time consuming.

as I play hardcore, i wanna do fast runs (like everyone I think) and not put myself into too much danger.

so I do Eldrith runs (the one above frigid highland wp)

why? his very easy to reach, he dies fast, and he is super uniqe, wich means he can drop, 95% of the items, not sure but it could be 100% also, anyone know this?.

on hell he is cold immune allways, he sometimes have fire immunity also.. (around 45-50%) and of 300 runs I have seen him lightning immune 1 time.

So best way to kill him fast is to kill him with a pure chain / lightning sorc..

i teleport so I see the first monsters.. then i go back, while my merc starts fightning them. and they are sitting ducks..

hope this helps..

yes, this could work very well with a lightning trap assa or a lightning javazon..

but I like the teleport thingy on sorcs, and I have a 75 lvl 2 lower res charges...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hiks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhiks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hiks

Posted 2003-11-18, 03:10 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
well...timmay will prolly be doing mephisto runs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-18, 03:29 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
i would say proabably pure fire and a few points in static
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2003-11-18, 04:16 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
orb is alright i have it on my sorc, but it gets no bonuses so its not as strong as some skills, if i were u i'd use pure fire, if you max fireball, firestrike ? and meteror you gain alot of bonuses and it does alot more damage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-11-18, 04:39 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
Pindle and meph can be very easy mfing. Also easy to kill with a pure fire sorc. Pindle is also very good for leveling !

So i would suggest a Fire Sorc.
Here are damage you can expect.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-18, 04:55 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
Thnx kuja...hey timmay...fire it is...lol

what about hydra...ne good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-18, 05:07 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
Nah, at some point it might probably wont even be able to rival with firebolt. The thing is during the time i wait to cast meteor again i use fireball. Hydra isnt close to the damage meteor can do. It get it's damage raised a little by firebolt and fireball. But fireball and firebolt do not get their damage raised by Hydra.

I would also suggest 1 point in frozen armor and dex for good blocking. Thing is who care if your sorc can take 20 hits from a monster. Most time they will be stuck in recovery till you die. The block give you a chance to survive and the Frozen armor freeze the enemy that hit you. Giving you time to recover and go on with mfing. This is mostly usefull against those damn !@#$en undead stygian.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-18, 06:46 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
How much life do you have? My sorc is now lvl 49 and i have 80 into dex which gives me ok block rate but i only have 330 life and 250 mana...
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-18, 07:14 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
hey guys thx.... for ur replies, i cant remember i havent done it in a while but does meph have any immunities in hell cause if not... i think i would do that fire shiznit , that looks pretty damn nice, oh and if i were do like a mix.. cold fire... light fire...what are ur thoughts on that?

Last edited by timmay1113; 2003-11-18 at 07:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2003-11-18, 07:19 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
I got about 550 life~.
No Mephisto doesnt have immune.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-19, 07:55 AM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
so is it better to go for maxblock for mf runs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-ice-

Posted 2003-11-19, 01:09 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
depends what you are going to mf, most mf runs you dont even get hit, sometimes on pindle but in most cases my sorc doesnt take 1 hit in a mf run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-11-19, 01:53 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
with meteor i thought about standing just next to mephisto, eating all his shit with block and resistances and static/meteoring him to death - does that still work?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-ice-

Posted 2003-11-19, 02:36 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
Why not just do the old across the barrier trick and lay down endless Meteors/FW until death? That always works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-11-19, 02:50 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
i thought maybe he is that much strnoger that he will jsut pwn me if i do like that but ok then i think ill go for block/resi and make his ass burn
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-ice-

Posted 2003-11-19, 05:58 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
-ice- said:
so is it better to go for maxblock for mf runs?
I do think it's good cause block and frozen armor will be what will save your ass when you teleporint in 10 undead stygian.
Also, to kill mephisto i think it s better to just get mephisot stuck then you meteor/fireball his ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-19, 06:42 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
If moat trick still works i might use it, only if i can find the damn DURANCE 3 and get better resists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-11-19, 09:31 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
whats moat trick?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2003-12-02, 10:50 PM in reply to timmay1113's post "what are the best mf skills for sorc?"
in the screenshots with the fire stuff the 3 spells are all on level 30. how much damage would they do on level 20???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dddaaasssdas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendddaaasssdas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dddaaasssdas