Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Post Hey WetWired
Posted 2003-04-17, 11:55 AM
First I gotta say, Great style. Very professionally coded. I peaked once or twice at the Source Anyway I was thinking. vB 3 is so close to being complete and I have a feeling that Chruser will wont to upgrade the board. Well, actually I saw a really old thread about him waiting for vB 3.0.0 to be released. What are you guys going to do? Re code the whole style again. Cause vb2 styles will not work with vb3. I dunno why IM asking just bored and it crossed my mind. BTW, chruser great job on the graphics.
Just Give me a blank Document in Winsyntax and tell me what you want
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

¤X¤

Posted 2003-04-18, 01:46 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Actually, creating new templates for vB3 from our source HTML would be fairly easy. The most tedious part is building the HTML structure such that it is not easy to break (ie. when a table gets placed slightly off from where you expected it has little noticable impact on what you see). Changes may be neccesary to incorperate new elements of vB3. Also, we have made changes to the style since our original incorperation of the vb elements into our source HTML, so we will of course need to transfer those changes back to the source documents, but mostly I don't forsee any trouble.

The public beta for vB3 will be out in a month or so, and we intend to move to vB3 at that point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-04-18, 01:57 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Some of the older styles might be removed and/or replaced as well, as some are just not very useful due to a ton of missing images and oddly aligned tables all over the place. Synthesis should certainly still be here once we get vB3 up and running, and some more improvements or even new styles might follow...
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-04-18, 08:54 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Yeah i could see what you mean about small tables not aligning correctory. Did you use a program such as frontpage or Macromedia Fireworks MX... Or free hand

hey i got an idea How about i buy the style unhacked for $200.00
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

¤X¤

Posted 2003-04-18, 09:07 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
I write all my HTML by hand. WYSIWYG programs a notorious for making What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get-On-A-Specific-Version-Of-A-Specific-Browser-On-A-Specific-OS-Assuming-That-All-Components-Load-Within-The-First-Second pages. That and they don't expose all the flexability that HTML and CSS have to offer.

As for buying the style "unhacked", I'm not sure if we're willing to sell it, and it requires a few small code hacks to operate properly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-04-18, 09:51 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Hey WW do you have a Twin Brother that knows exacly what you know

As for buying the style. Im takeing a number ::Takes #1::
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

¤X¤

Posted 2003-04-21, 02:04 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Do you have a vBulletin forum?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2003-04-21, 10:06 AM in reply to ¤X¤'s post "Hey WetWired"
Yes, I do at the moment it is not available. IM working on finishing the style tonight. Hopefully kill all the bugs and what not. I hate when one table completely unaligned the rest and cant figure out which is doing it :-\ lol I'll get it though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

¤X¤