Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Life Questions
Posted 2003-02-02, 12:41 PM
Life... a simple word but undescribeable thing. That is .... is life a thing or is it a dream? Doesn't one ever wonder if what they dream and what they live are two of one same thing? What if we are already in that other galaxy..life...area..world.. dimension and we are having a long sleep there and this is all a dream... that the ghosts are friends that already had their dream of earth. Then there's the questions on the undead. They are so imaginative could someone really just think them up or do/did they exist. Sure people can think some weird or bizarre thing up..especially insane people... but would you ever be able to picture or come up w/ werewolves..cyclopse..etc. Maybe they do exist..Maybe they are creatures of that other place and some people have had memories of it. Being able to bring creatures of that other place to where all of us are dreaming now. We don't have control of our night dreams and we don't have control of life. Isn't kind of already planned and mapped out for us? So truely can anyone really say what is life..or who is life?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celtics7987 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenceltics7987 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celtics7987

Posted 2003-02-02, 12:48 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
celtics7987 said:
Then there's the questions on the undead. They are so imaginative could someone really just think them up or do/did they exist. Sure people can think some weird or bizarre thing up..especially insane people... but would you ever be able to picture or come up w/ werewolves..cyclopse..etc. Maybe they do exist..Maybe they are creatures of that other place and some people have had memories of it.

I can easily create pretend creatures. Just because he can draw them, doesn't mean Todd McFarlane lives in another world in his dreams. Interesting concept, though. Dreams being another world, and perhaps in that world, we are dreaming now, and this is our dream of that. Doesn't make any logical sense, though. I'm not superstitious enough to believe such a thing.

celtics7987 said:
Isn't kind of already planned and mapped out for us?
No.

I've always been fascinated by the thought of how size is meaningless. If you've ever seen Men in Black, know how the cat has a necklace on that has a galaxy inside a ball?

That's what I'm talking about. What if inside every one of our cells is a world, a galaxy, a universe? What if our universe is the size of another creatures appendage? Size is irrelevant. Ever thought about such a thing? It can really make your head hurt.

What about the concept of the universe having an 'end?' What's at the end? How can black vastness in space have an 'end?' And if it's constantly expanding, what is it filling up? Is there an infinite blackness everywhere, and it's rapidly being filled with stars and dust? If it's infinite, how is that even possible? The thought of infinity is really boggling. However, again, what the hell would the 'end' ? Is there a wall? Maybe space rips into itself and you get sent to another wormhole in the universe? I'd rather not think about it.

Unfortunately, none of us will be around long enough to ever know.

Bah, there's another thing.
What of the concept of 'souls' or spirits?

I'll elaborate. We all control our bodies and minds, we are conscious beings. When we die, do we have a life force that is transferred into a new fetus? I mean, I am me. But, when I die, will I have a new me again? Was I someone before?

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2003-02-02 at 01:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-02-02, 01:26 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
GravitonSurge said:
Bah, there's another thing.
What of the concept of 'souls' or spirits?

I'll elaborate. We all control our bodies and minds, we are conscious beings. When we die, do we have a life force that is transferred into a new fetus? I mean, I am me. But, when I die, will I have a new me again? Was I someone before?
I always thought about that and it made me wonder if I was actually someone else. Will I be a different person when I die? And the sad part is, you will probably never find out since your memory will be erased.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-02-03, 01:30 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
GravitonSurge said:
I've always been fascinated by the thought of how size is meaningless...What if inside every one of our cells is a world, a galaxy, a universe? What if our universe is the size of another creatures appendage?
Grav, you need to read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Probably the most amazing book series ever written, even considering the fact that it's not quite finished yet. The entire story deals with that exact concept of size. You should definitely check out the first book, "The Gunslinger". You might really enjoy it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-02-03, 01:01 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Wow. My brain hurts. I never really thought about any of that. I don't totally believe that in pone life I was a poor farmer from Ireland or something. I think that when yuo die, you just die. You go to that eternal resting place in the sky.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking a good question at the wrong time."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2003-02-03, 10:06 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
I just plain don't believe in incarnation. if I was another person in different seperate lifetimes, then what the hell makes me remember this lifetime so clearly? shouldn't we not even be remembering anything at all?
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2003-02-04, 07:44 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
The universe does have end. if you were to go beyond that end, you wouldnt go out of the universe, you would merely extend its limit, wherever there is matter, there is universe, beyond the universe is pure nothingness, by putting matter into that nothingness, you would make it something, or more over, a part of something, the universe.

I dont believe in reincarnation either because animals are obviously the intellectual inferiors to humans, and if every animal was actually a human soul, wouldnt they seem smarter than they act? for example, if it was a parrot, wouldntn it be able to express human ideas through its power of mimicing human speech?

Size does matter...just not physical size. I mean, take the human intellect. the average human only uses one tenth of its brain in a liftime. the above average not much more. imagine if we used our whole mind, our whole potential. the ancient greeks believed that there was a time when humans lived as gods, as a catholic i believe that there was a time when humans were much more than we are now. There could be a time when we did use all our brain power. even all our muscle power, did you know that if all the muscles in the human body pushed in one direction they could lift up to 25 tons.

about the soul, and more on incarnation. the belief on incarnation pushes that the soul is separate from teh body. I believe that the HUMAN BEING is a body/soul composite. you cannot have a human with only a body, or only a soul. its human nature to be with both, having one but not the other wouldnt be truly human.
Flame me.

My DeadJournal...you know you want to.

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-02-05, 12:25 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
InvaderJon said:
The universe does have end. if you were to go beyond that end, you wouldnt go out of the universe, you would merely extend its limit, wherever there is matter, there is universe, beyond the universe is pure nothingness, by putting matter into that nothingness, you would make it something, or more over, a part of something, the universe.
Man...you say these things as though you have proof. I wish I could get away with making such blind assumptions. Then again, I'm not a raging dumbass...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-02-05, 05:24 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Maybe if you went out of the universe you'd go poof.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-02-05, 08:10 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
its called physics, its very convenient...
Flame me.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-02-06, 01:02 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
How far outside of this solar system have you traveled, Jon? I'm thinking not very far. Do you have photographs of this "pure nothingness" you speak of? I'm willing to bet a great deal of money that you don't. You have no more clue as to whether the universe continues on infinitely or if it does have a tangible end. You've got a cule little Invader Zim avatar (Gir is the best character anyway), but it makes you no less enlightened about the layout of our universe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-02-06, 08:12 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
A) and exactly how far out of the uuniverse have you been to know im wrong?

b) everything i said was provable to an extent, but it was not something i just decided to beleive one day

c) just because i like invader zim, doesnt mean i use it to prove a superior knowledge of our universe

d) you cant take pictures of nothing
Flame me.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-02-06, 09:01 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Why does everyone consider nothing to be black. I'd prefer The Matrix's nothing... the big white room.

There really is no such thing as nothing,a s far as we can prove at least. In nothingness, there is no form of waves, heat, lighting, etc. Therefore, nothing can be heard, seen, or proven... What is nothingness, other than perfection?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-02-06, 09:11 PM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Who said nothingness is black?

nothing cant be perfect, there has to be something, even if it is perfection.
Flame me.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-02-07, 12:49 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Jon, the point I'm trying to make to you is this: you have no concrete proof that what you say is true. Granted, I have no concrete proof that you're wrong, but that doesn't automaticaly make you right. It's an opinion you've formed. An educated guess. Not a physical law. There is a world of difference between the phrase:

InvaderJon said:
The universe does have end. if you were to go beyond that end, you wouldnt go out of the universe...
and:

InvaderJon said:
Frankly, I think he universe does have end. if you were to go beyond that end, you wouldnt go out of the universe...
One of those statements is that of a reasonable human being, and the other is of a sociopath. That is the message I'm trying to convey.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-02-07, 08:46 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Well, that was a much better post than:

Raziel said:
Then again, I'm not a raging dumbass...

Anyway, I'm sorry for any offense i made to you for being more certain than i should have been and will make a greater effort in the future.

and BTW, what exactly is wrong with being a sociopath?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-02-08, 12:19 AM in reply to celtics7987's post "Life Questions"
Well personaly when it comes to the subject of life i like a certain quote. " life is far to important a thing to talk seriuoly about." im not sure who said it but ,i think thats the way it should be looked at. granted everyone including I, have their beliefes but people should go with it and try not to question the un-anwserable. we' will all find out in the end or it wont matter because we wont know. :-P
Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know, a pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence. Gotta get me some of that.
-Stewie (family guy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RandomThought