Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should the 30000 byte Arvatar Limit Be Changed
Yes a larger file size would be nicer 6 54.55%
No a larger file size would be flamed up 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits
Posted 2002-12-20, 11:38 AM
vBulletin Message
The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 30000 bytes.

all i wanted to upload is this attached image

Last edited by Rating; 2002-12-20 at 11:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rating is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRating is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rating

Posted 2002-12-20, 12:43 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
Rating man just get over it the admins wont allow it, penguin already said the answer is no so why do you persist?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 01:44 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
I wouldnt mind it, but just stop with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-20, 02:34 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
i woudnt mind it either but he needs to calm the freak down about it seeing as how itll prolly never happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 02:41 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
you should add the "don't mind how big it is" because right now its either hate or love the idea.. but what if we are neutral about it -_^... and that's why im going to vote no for bigger hehe... cuz right now is fine but... i dont really care

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2002-12-20, 02:45 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
I really woudnt mind the size of the file itself being increased some but the highth and width need not be changed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 03:50 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
Accually I would like a 100x100 avatar

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-20, 04:55 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
75000 is all that I ask.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-20, 04:57 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
100x100 would be a little large though there probably woudnt be enough room for everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 05:06 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
its not much bigger than what we have..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-20, 05:40 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
well maybe your right, im not to sure but i know we cant have them to big or some asshole will fuck everything up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 06:52 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
not big as in pixels wise, but bytes.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-20, 07:25 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
Yea bytes will probably help but pixels will just fuxor up the forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-20, 08:10 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
im not talking about the pixle size im talking about the byte size not as in the image size itself. i think any of you that vote no dont care because you cant make animated shit. that is why i would like the byte size a little bigger... and its not like im getting upset over this... so stop tellilng me to get over it, im just getting the opinion of the public, only because i thaught it was a great suggestion only to make the website better... if it doesnt happen then so what it was just a thaught that ran through my mind, nothing more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rating is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRating is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rating

Posted 2002-12-20, 08:12 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
I know.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-21, 07:44 AM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
Maybe it would help? hell i duno i just thought you ment like make the byes bigger and if we did that some ass would come up in here with a avatar thas like 800000x800000 or some shit which would fuck up this entire bored IMHO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-21, 10:06 AM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
yeah ive been told something about someone makin an avatar that big but, the moderators could either take it out or make it to where the file bytes could be bigger but limit the image size... as in in your profile you have a certain length if your image is to big it will cut it in half... oh well it was just a theory

is a 100x100 image when i tried to upload it to use it i got this message

vBulletin Message
That image is too large. The maximum dimensions are 80 by 80 pixels.

not the one about 30000 bytes... see there you could raise the bytes and still keep the 80x80 pixel size...

Last edited by Rating; 2002-12-21 at 10:36 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rating

Posted 2002-12-21, 02:35 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
yeah, raise the bytes and keep the dimisions the same. that would be a good idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-21, 02:47 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
Personally, I couldn't find an avatar for a while.. they were all too big. I wouldn't mind if the size would raise a little bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2002-12-21, 08:33 PM in reply to Rating's post "Arvatars 80x80 30000 byte limits"
hehe i talked to chruser about it and well it couldnt happen even if he wanted it to, thats what i got out of it anyways oh well it was worth a shot i guess

Last edited by Rating; 2002-12-21 at 11:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rating