Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Which is better, PS2 or Gamecube?
Gamecube 17 29.31%
PlayStation 2 41 70.69%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2002-04-14, 08:10 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Lol, i totally agree. ALthough IGN is a very useful tool, i dislike the new fee's they are adding.
"I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head..." ~ Kurt Cobain- Lithium

thanks to ask_raber for this sig!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
www.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwww.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

www.com

Posted 2002-04-15, 02:54 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
It's crap, plain and simple. CRAP. My hatred for IGN burns as hot as the fire from a thousand suns...or at least a REALLY hot light bulb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-04-15, 07:51 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by www.com
I said awesome Future releases, not Features.. Although it has plenty of excellent features now that you mention it. And the reason Nintendo is the "master" is because they have been making games since atari. They take their time making them. And if you want depth, go to www.ign.com or watch Tech TV
meh, extended play's ok. I wish it were an hour long. Weather not nintendo is the "master" or not isnt the deciding factor because many of the games for GC arent being made by them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-15, 04:55 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Nintendo come out strong and ended shameful after SONY has released PSX series. Nintendo was competing with Sega; Game boy V.S. Game gear -> then Nintendo publish Gameboy Colour. Super Nintendo V.S. Sega G... After Sega released their Sega Saturn, PSX came out and dominate the game world; even N64 can't beat them. Additional DC can't beat PSX, too. Now Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Game Cube just have the time and tech adavantege over PS2. What do you say?

Made by the Guardian Of Zelaron
Re-edit by the Nightmare of Demons

Made by the Demons' Nightmares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-15, 06:13 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
The GameCube is FAR easier to code for, however. The PS2 has three different processors, as opposed to the GC which only uses one. So, to code for the PS2 you have to run one line of code multiple times, where with the GC you only have to run it once. Sony pulled the same dubass move with the PS2 that Nintendo did with the N64. They just made it too damn complicated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-04-15, 06:22 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
well...We will just see how does the trend go!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-16, 01:36 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Ok, i have to admit. The ps2 is GOOD, but as a big time nintendo fan, I have to protect gamecube . Game cube doesn't have many games out, YET. Go here to see a list of all the titles coming out for game cube. (Some pretty AWESOME games comin out, it may change your mind about cube).

http://cube.ign.com/release.html
"I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head..." ~ Kurt Cobain- Lithium

thanks to ask_raber for this sig!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
www.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwww.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

www.com

Posted 2002-04-16, 02:13 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
urgh... my brain...
which one is BETTER... ps2 or gc...
i have enouhg money now to buy one of consoles
which one should i buy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-16, 07:54 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
if you're okay with buying M-rated games get a PS2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-16, 08:45 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
If you are looking for good games, buy PS2. or looking for a good features buy gamecube. Since the new DVD model has been released in Japan.it is so cool!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-18, 07:42 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by HLomegasin
If you are looking for good games, buy PS2. or looking for a good features buy gamecube. Since the new DVD model has been released in Japan.it is so cool!
'tis out in the US as well. ($300 US)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-18, 08:40 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
We will just wait!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-18, 05:19 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
The Play Station series has definitely swept the gaming world. People even still play PSX for great game titles such as FF7. For example, most of my friends have PSX and play FF7 all the time. And if you like PSX, you have to like PS2! Although the graphics aren't as good as Game Cube's, it still has good graphics. Not to mention the outstanding games for the PS2 such as GTA3, Virtua Fighter 4, and FFX. GTA3 even stayed in 1st place for the NPD rankings for all three times! So I would have to say that PS2 is the better system...

But, I do have a GC and hopefully the new releases (Such as the RE games) will be a hit!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-04-18, 06:20 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
I think you put everything down very well. No offence to each system!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-19, 04:05 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-04-19, 06:26 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
still dude. What can we do for Game cube and PS2. How about we all stand up for it and go against Xbox!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-19, 07:18 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
I voted PS2 cuz i have it and uh... it rules over gamecube(no offense to GameCube) and well... thats basically it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-04-19, 08:12 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
simply amzing !

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin