Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Would u pay money to play online?
yes 4 44.44%
no 2 22.22%
I dont know 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Question Ff 11
Posted 2002-08-11, 03:11 PM
Yes finally the best rpg game (my opinoin) is going to come out for online play. But man I heard that u have to pay like 10 dollars monthly to play whats up with that. Is this true?:O(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
okok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenokok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

okok44

Posted 2002-08-11, 03:23 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Bandwidth costs money, and if they wouldn't charge a subscription fee from their users, they would have lost the money from their sales in only a few years. It's not like people are going to stop playing after that anyway, so they'll end up losing money if they don't charge anything.

So yes, I'm almost convinced that they will charge for it.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-08-11, 03:42 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Who cares if it's free or not? It's gonna suck! It's going to be EXACTLY like Everquest, and because of that, it will blow. Get a bigger sword to kill bigger monsters to get a bigger sword...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-08-11, 04:45 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
i added the choice i dont know since i dont know if im going to pay or not... heh but i dont think the game would be that bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-11, 08:07 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Quote:
Originally posted by Raziel
Who cares if it's free or not? It's gonna suck! It's going to be EXACTLY like Everquest, and because of that, it will blow. Get a bigger sword to kill bigger monsters to get a bigger sword...
well then... uh...

they don't call it "evercrack" for nothin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-11, 10:06 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
I might pay for it when it comes out, if it's good then I will, but if it's like EQ like Raziel says then I'm not paying because I hated EQ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-08-12, 12:15 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
ive never played EQ... is it also like D2?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-12, 02:16 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
It was nothing like d2. First of all, d2 was all quests and everything was the same for each game. EverQuest has servers and can have lots of people on 1 server. It's very hard to lvl and once you reach lvl 10 you lose your stuff and you forget where your corpse is. You had to pay 12.95 for EQ. (Rip-off)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-08-12, 04:23 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Wow that realy sucked i hope FF11 is not like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
okok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenokok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

okok44

Posted 2002-08-13, 02:20 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
well, you DO need to pay but i mean, they CAN charge alot for playing this game since LOTS of ppl just go buy FF games no matter wut the cost is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-28, 12:00 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Still, the cost should be really low, because of the huge volume of players. They could charge less than $5 a month and still make a rather large profit.

Also, I bought Everquest without knowing that it's an online only game. I'm not paying $12+ a month for the chance to kill monsters, and more monsters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-08-28, 06:46 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
haha, did u return the game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-29, 07:47 AM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Nope. Wal-Mart only said they would make a substitution (AKA another Everquest). It's still sitting in its Wal-Mart bag as I type this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-08-29, 12:58 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Wait, is the package unopened? If it's still sealed, you should be able to return it. If they won't let you do that, then take it to a Toys R Us right after Christmas and try to get store credit. They always have so many people returning things that they don't really care if you have a receipt or not. Just as long as the package is still sealed you should be able to get something for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-08-29, 05:42 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
if it is unopened... you MUST be able to return it... unless that Wal-Mart is fucked up. I mean who doesnt let you return it if its still unopened?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-30, 07:18 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
obviously, the package was opened.

I hope it's 8 bucks or less but i'm willing to pay a monthly fee for FF11.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-30, 10:26 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
I still donno if I would pay or not... first i gotta check if its good or not, THEN i would make my decision but at the moment, its hard for me to decide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-08-31, 10:07 AM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
Hey, y'all check out my thread in the Gamecube forum that has some new info about the FF game that is a GCN exclusive...
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-08-31, 11:21 PM in reply to okok44's post "Ff 11"
the game FF Crystal Chronicles looks pretty good but i dont think it can match against FF11...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix