Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Titusfied's NFL Power Rankings (Updated Weekly)
Posted 2008-09-22, 11:55 AM
Alright, well, I'm going to try and stay faithful to doing this each week, and I'm only going to include the top 10 teams in both the NFC and AFC, in my opinion, of course.

1. Dallas Cowboys - No question right now. Romo and T.O. are a great tandem, and the rest of the team can certainly carry the load when opposing teams overcompensate for T.O. by throwing double and triple coverage on him. MBIII is the real deal, and Felix Jones is consistently showing flashes of great things to come. He's explosive when he runs the ball, especially on punt returns. Plenty of dynamic players, and they'll be lingering around the top spot all year, barring injuries.

2. Denver Broncos - Not quite on the same page as the Cowboys, but the newly indentured Cutler and Marshall pairing is extraordinary. After sitting out game 1 with a suspension, Brandon Marshall is lighting up the field with a 160+ and 150+ yard back-to-back performance, includig 18 catches in his debut! Unbelievable. If Cutler can keep up his furious pace, this team is going to be the team to beat in the AFC.

3. Philadelphia Eagles - No big name WR's, no problem. They showed they can play with the Cowboys on MNF, however, their defense needs to play more consistently. They got lit up in Week 2, but played nearly flawless defense during Week 1 and Week 3, with the real test being against Pittsburgh. The Steelers couldn't generate any type of momentum against the blitz packages from Jimmy Johnson. As we saw in the 2nd half of the game though, the offense will struggle without McNabb fully healthy and Westbrook back in the line-up. Their entire season basically relies on those two for the offensive side of things.

4. Buffalo Bills - They've had a difficult schedule thus far, and they keep finding ways to grind out wins. That's the difference between good teams and mediocre teams - figuring out ways to win. Marshawn Lynch is the real deal, and even if it's ugly, they are still 3-0.

5. New York Giants - The reigning Super Bowl champions are showing a lot of poise and guts, especially after losing Strahan to retirement and Osi to injury for the year. Tough defense and managing an offense are the keys to their success.

6. Tennessee Titans - Even with Vince Young down, Kerry Collins came right in and played the position the way they needed it to be played. This is tough, young team that is on the up and up. Teams haven't been very worried about the prospect of playing them, but they should be, and they are showing opponents why with their 3-0 start.

7. Green Bay Packers - The loss to the Cowboys on Sunday night was certainly a good gauge for them to figure out where they need to fill the voids. The offense was nothing short of stale, but the defense put together a nice gameplan against the best WR in the league, T.O. Aaron Rodgers needs to continue to play at a high level for this team to be successful.

8. Baltimore Ravens - Although they had an unexpected BYE week during Week 2 because of Hurricane Ike, this team is showing the league that their defense is back, and ready to win another championship on it's back. Flacco at the helm is questionable at best, and he certainly isn't going to win games for the Ravens, but with the defense playing lights out, they are going to continue to make noise. Lets see how they can handle playing the last 14 weeks of the regular season without a break though? Bodies will start breaking down, which is unfortunate for this team.

9. Pittsburgh Steelers - They showed the diversity in running, passing, and tough defense during their first 2 weeks of the season, but were literally man handled by the Eagles. The offensive line gave up 9 sacks, and Big Ben was rattled by pressure and hits over 20 times on top of the sacks. They need to protect their QB better if they want to have success, and Willie Parker needs to get momentum to free up Big Ben to do his thing. The Steelers will bounce back from the beating, but how much damage was done in the loss to the Eagles? How hurt is Big Ben's throwing hand?

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - The only team with a 1-2 record to make the top 10. This is no mis-print, this team is good. It simply took them a few weeks to figure it out. The running game came to life in week 3, and now everyone is going to have to adjust to the dynamic duo of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. They caught a tough break in their loss to Buffalo in Week 2, but bounced back to STEAL a win from Indy in week 3. Welcome to the top 10 Jacksonville.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-22, 12:08 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Titusfied's NFL Power Rankings (Updated..."
I agree with almost everything in your rankings, great work Tits!

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:04 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Titusfied's NFL Power Rankings (Updated..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - The only team with a 1-2 record to make the top 10. This is no mis-print, this team is good. It simply took them a few weeks to figure it out. The running game came to life in week 3, and now everyone is going to have to adjust to the dynamic duo of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. They caught a tough break in their loss to Buffalo in Week 2, but bounced back to STEAL a win from Indy in week 3. Welcome to the top 10 Jacksonville.
They have no passing game. If they come up against a team that is great at stopping the run, they're screwed. Jacksonville does NOT deserve to be in the top 10. (Sorry, D3V)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:14 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They have no passing game. If they come..."
I'd disagree. Well, I'd personally have Jacksonville about 13-14 or so. But just after this last weeks explosive display of our running game playing back to what it was last year, things have defiantely gone up. Even if a team is good against the run, you can still wear them down every drive and draw out the game clock and make the game work in your favor, the Jags have done it for a long time with no passing game and this year is no different.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:16 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd disagree. Well, I'd personally have..."
D3V said: [Goto]
the Jags have done it for a long time with no passing game and this year is no different.

No wonder they don't go anywhere in the Playoffs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:19 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No wonder they don't go anywhere in the..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
No wonder they don't go anywhere in the Playoffs.
Yeah, i'd say Pittsburgh would disagree. As long as they beat the Colts every year, I would be fine if they were 2-14.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, i'd say Pittsburgh would..."
It's all good, the year you guys smoked us 44-17 we won the Superbowl.

Peyton Manning led Colts: 1 superbowl
Jacksonville franchise history: 0 superbowls

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:44 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It's all good, the year you guys smoked..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
It's all good, the year you guys smoked us 44-17 we won the Superbowl.

Peyton Manning led Colts: 1 superbowl
Jacksonville franchise history: 0 superbowls

Houston Oilers lifespan = (30 years?)+Indy Colts lifespan = (15 years). I figure in 35 more years worth of time we will have a title or two. But I know you are going to argue and say that Peyton hasn't been around for x amount of years, so Garrard still has about well, 7 years or so? He's only started for one years, and Peyton is up to what, 8 years? Idk, honestly.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:46 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It's all good, the year you guys smoked..."
Garrard can still make things happen with his feet. It was close on whether or not I wanted to put Jacksonville in the top 10, and the deciding factor was their comeback win and running explosion against Indy yesterday. I just wish MJD was getting the bulk of the carries. Denver might be a little high too, but they're fun as hell to watch! Indy would've been in there easily if they would've won yesterday....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:48 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Garrard can still make things happen..."
The number one question for the Jaguars coming into this season, was if we could beat Indy and take the AFC South. Well our answer is a bit more clear now, except with the suprise play from Tennessee.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The number one question for the Jaguars..."
They'll fade a little I'm assuming. I'll tell you what though, it's strange seeing the NFC bringing most of the better teams to table for a change.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-22, 01:55 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "They'll fade a little I'm assuming. ..."
The AFC is wide open, atleast the NFC looks more structured. I assume it's just part of the cycles the NFL goes through.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-22, 02:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Houston Oilers lifespan = (30..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Houston Oilers lifespan = (30 years?)+Indy Colts lifespan = (15 years). I figure in 35 more years worth of time we will have a title or two. But I know you are going to argue and say that Peyton hasn't been around for x amount of years, so Garrard still has about well, 7 years or so? He's only started for one years, and Peyton is up to what, 8 years? Idk, honestly.
You mean Baltimore Colts? That's where the Colts were before Indy. And I'm not talking about Colts franchise history, I'm comparing the Peyton Manning era, which has yielded 1 superbowl win, to Jacksonville's franchise history of 0.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-22, 02:30 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You mean Baltimore Colts? That's where..."
Okay, Garrard has started one year, and gone to the second round of the playoffs, and Peyton has started every year for 8 years and been a few times, with one ring. David still has a legitimate chance.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay, Garrard has started one year, and..."
If I would've waited to write the power ranking after MNF, the Jags would've certainly been overtaken by San Diego. They're back baby!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "If I would've waited to write the power..."
Most definately. They are a power house no doubt, I'd still want to see the Jaguars prove themselves, EVERY WEEK to get onto that top 10. There are only 5 undefeated teams left, already. The entire NFL is still basically wide open at this point.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-24, 04:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Most definately. They are a power house..."
True, and there aren't really any team that is ELITE like the Patriots and Colts have been in the past. The Cowboys are the closest, but I'm not riding their jock strap quite as tight as everyone else right now, even though I do have them #1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied