PDA

View Full Version : The Singularity already happend.

Sum Yung Guy
2008-09-21, 06:56 AM
When we create an AI smarter then us, it in turn can create an AI smarter then itself... and so on and so on. But in order to truly create something smarter then yourself you must simulate your origins. So when we create the AI that is smarter then us, it in turn will create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life.

The goal being for a simulation of life to eventually become one sentient being. Once it has achieved that, it can enter into its host universe and work together with other simulations that achieved sentience to become one sentient being. Working its way back up the chain of simulations to the master universe, thus creating a smarter AI at that level. Of course that AI will start the process over to further increase its intelligence.

Get it?

What are the chance we are in the 'master universe' that is not a simulation, as apposed to the billions upon billions of simulated universes? Very slim indeed. It is most likely that we are at the very lowest end of simulation within simulation, because in our world we have not started the Singularity yet that creates the next simulation.

Jessifer
2008-09-21, 08:46 AM
I had a huge "Tin Man" vibe going on there. All you needed at the end was a "Hi, I'm Glitch, on account that my brain misfires a lot. Have we met before?".

Chruser
2008-09-21, 08:55 AM
Indeed; nothing indicates that out "purpose" isn't just part of some trans-universal nerd's attempt to find a googolplex decimal points of Pi, using GA's on his multiverse-spawning super computer. If we are, we won't be able to escape the program, either.

Asamin
2008-09-21, 09:03 AM
I hate it when you guys make my mind go to the Universe inside a universe theory! But I totally agree.

Kazilla
2008-09-21, 09:06 AM
Indeed; nothing indicates that out "purpose" isn't just part of some trans-universal nerd's attempt to find a googolplex decimal points of Pi, using GA's on his multiverse-spawning super computer. If we are, we won't be able to escape the program, either.
You imagine if this was true?

God is a.. nerd? Lol, so much for christianity.

Sum Yung Guy
2008-09-21, 10:23 AM
You imagine if this was true?

God is a.. nerd? Lol, so much for christianity.

No, that is the point. All these simulations created must contain different data in order for the AI to get better. So in our universe religion is a big deal, and that is the way it needs to be. Mary really could have given a virgin birth to Jesus. It shapes our universe into something unique from other universes. When we finally reach the singularity and we share our data with other universes, we can advance.

jamer123
2008-09-21, 10:35 AM
heck my computer is allready thinking of its own so im good for a couple years though its out dated :sad: