Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Fuckin' spyware....
Posted 2005-04-24, 03:13 PM
I downloaded a crack for a program a few days ago and it was a spyware program. IT automatically installed itself before I could cancel it. I have ran Ad-aware about 5 time, Hijack this once, and a trojan scanner. Each time it just comes back again. It's mainly just random annoying internet explorer popups advertising for shit. I use Mozilla by the way so it seems wierd that its using IE. Any suggestions or programs that will take care of it?

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2005-04-24, 03:18 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Fuckin' spyware...."
Hmm.. are you using the last updated files for ad-aware and all the other programs? another idea might be to shut off your internet access, run ad-aware, reboot, run it again immeditly, reboot again, and run it again. that should get rid of it without allowing it to re-install itself. Other than that, I'm not too sure. Maybe spybot search and destroy might get it?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-24, 05:37 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Hmm.. are you using the last updated..."
Buy a new harddrive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-04-24, 05:42 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Buy a new harddrive."
Yah, that's convenient.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-24, 06:54 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yah, that's convenient."
Yea dude, try Spybot S&D and use it to block the process at startup.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-04-24, 06:58 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Fuckin' spyware...."
Try the microsoft antispyware program? It's pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-04-24, 07:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Try the microsoft antispyware program?..."
Pardon my ignorance, but.... how?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-04-24, 07:03 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai..."
Thanks.

By The Way, I am 100% spyware and adware free only using Spybot.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-04-25, 12:31 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Thanks. By The Way, I am 100%..."
Spybot S&D for the win. Thanks guys.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2005-04-25, 12:36 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Spybot S&D for the win. Thanks guys."
What's the program called??

Tried looking in add/remove to get rid of it?? Doubt it would work but...

Yeah, what's it called??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-04-26, 10:12 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "What's the program called?? Tried..."
OMG it's back. I have ran both Adaware and Spybot S&D and I am still getting these random IE popups. W....T....F....

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2005-04-26, 11:02 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "OMG it's back. I have ran both Adaware..."
Welcome to Windows, dollar twenty-five please.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-27, 09:37 AM in reply to zeal311's post starting "OMG it's back. I have ran both Adaware..."
And what is it called?? THis spyware?? What do the popups say??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-04-27, 01:14 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And what is it called?? THis spyware??..."
I ran Hijack this followed by adaware followed by spybot and the next time i restarted my comp i am still getting these fucking ie pop ups. They are sucking up resources and are making it a bitch to play any pc games.

Last edited by zeal311; 2005-04-28 at 12:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2005-04-27, 01:55 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "I ran Hijack this followed by adaware..."
Try posting at http://computerproblems.org, they offer very good support for shit like this, helped me with a very annoying spyware aswell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2005-04-27, 01:59 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "I ran Hijack this followed by adaware..."
Yeah but you still haven't said what the piece of spyware is called! And don't tell my you don't know, Ad-aware tells you...so...what is it called?? You may not believe it but I can probably help...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-04-27, 07:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yeah but you still haven't said what..."
DIsable IE.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-04-27, 09:55 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "DIsable IE."
heres my hijack this log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.6
Scan saved at 10:53:54 PM, on 4/27/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSEC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WALLPA~1\WALLPA~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILLA.ORG\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dane Mclean\My Documents\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBDrvDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\SB Drive Det\SBDrvDet.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\eliterjh32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Wallpaper] C:\PROGRA~1\WALLPA~1\WALLPA~1.EXE /h
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILLA.ORG\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE" -turbo
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {0000000A-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...367/wmavax.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15007/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...?1100822838656
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2...ll/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...sh/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15008/CTPID.cab

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2005-04-27, 10:22 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "heres my hijack this log file: ..."
zeal311 said:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.6
Get 1.99.1 first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube