Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Should X Get an XBox?
Posted 2002-02-15, 10:01 PM
I have been thinking really hard about this.

Even though in 2 years there will be something better, I want an XBox. In my heart I want the best there is and XBox is way better than GameCube.

I have about $350 saved up from working and I am just wondering if I should go out and spend the $324.

In about a week I should be getting another $100 so thats probably when I am going to go and buy it and get Halo.

I know I rated Halo a 6 but my friend has it and I realize that it has awesome gameplay and terrific graphics.

So reply with a yes/no and a little comment to encourage me either way.

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Posted 2002-02-15, 10:19 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
No.

Soon Xbox will suck, and then you'll feel stupid for buying it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-02-15, 10:20 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
x box does sux dick...
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Posted 2002-02-28, 09:02 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
why is xbox so bad? (beside the obvious reason of it being made by microsoft) i heard halo is an awesome game. Is it simply because its lacking games and halo is all it has?

oxymoron:
Microsoft Works
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-03-02, 03:34 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
Halo IS awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dmaster

Posted 2002-03-07, 12:28 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
I thought Halo looked awesome, but then I saw a snowman :\
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-08, 04:08 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
Well all of my friends have XBox's so I will just be a scavanger... anyway if I would have spent that money I would be so screwed right now. I just got a ticket about a week ago and this week I got hit by this stupid 86 Integra in a parking lot.

Of course what pisses me off now is he is saying his Back hurts and the girl that was in the Integra says she has headaches now.

If I ever see that little prick I am going to beat the living crap out of him and what would seem is his bitch.

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Posted 2002-03-09, 05:36 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
CUZ MICROSOFT DOESNT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE LIKE IN GAMES! :>
Only a true winner can take a loss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZanderQuest is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZanderQuest is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZanderQuest

Posted 2002-03-09, 06:44 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
xbox is cool but not a variaty of games and i find computer so much better :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2002-03-09, 07:49 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
I like the computer but when it comes to connection speed I dont have it.

- 28k -

(Commence your laughter...now)

-----
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

X2D

Posted 2002-03-10, 03:19 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
Well, in the long run I would stick to Nintendo because they practically started the gaming industry. Microsoft doesn't know anything about games and the Xbox is too expensive, the controller is too big, and the list goes on and on......
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-03-16, 02:18 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
still playstation 2 is # 1
great games and lot of hardware coming out that'll close microsofts lil gap

Final Fantasy 11 anyone
?

Thanxz to King Kai 3 for the awesome sig...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kakkorot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkakkorot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kakkorot

Posted 2002-03-22, 01:00 AM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
In its new cover story on Microsoft, Time magazine finally breaks through this year's biggest mainstream-media blind spot. With this week's "Whose Web Will it Be?" feature, Time becomes the first mainstream journalistic entity to perceive that the real story surrounding Microsoft isn't its jazzy new software or over-hyped Web sites, but a much more elemental issue: Should Bill Gates and his company rule the information age?

Microsoft is the smartest and most successful corporation ever, which also makes it the most dangerous. Gates dominates the computer world. Now, he is threatening to overrun Netscape and dominate the Internet as well.

In addition, by moving into editorial venues, such as the Web magazine Slate and at least 50 other Web sites - "Cityscapes" - all over the world in the next year or so, Gates is moving Microsoft toward becoming the world's largest content provider - on top of being the world's largest software maker and Web-access provider.

Microsoft is already among the most powerful companies in history. And history suggests it will be much larger. But Microsoft isn't an unwieldy giant like most of the media conglomerates. It creates, rather than buys, many of its major products. It is dominated not by the vast hierarchies that cripple most big corporations, but by a single dominant personality with the clout to make decisions, commit money, and alter course. The Time story details how Gates committed thousands of people and billions of dollars to Microsoft's assault on the Web within hours of his decision last December to move his company from personal computing to the Net.

In no other modern media company could a single person make so important and expensive a decision and commit so much money to it.

Although the computer trade press and its peripheral techie magazines seem to get it, mainstream journalism has been almost completely bovine in grasping the new reality presented by Microsoft.

Maybe the mainstream press was blinded by the dazzle of Michael Kinsley's Slate, the most hyped editorial venture in Net history, touted by the press as the Eighth Wonder. The New Yorker gushed that Kinsley was reinventing magazines (not so far, bub), and Newsweek put Kinsley on its cover kissing a fish.

Or perhaps the press was amazed by new Microsoft products, such as Windows 95 and Internet Explorer, which are treated as major news events by journalists - hyped beyond the wildest dreams of any advertising or marketing executive.

Microsoft's predatory and aggressive practices, widely known in the computer world, are much less familiar to consumers of Microsoft's products, who have no reason to think of the company as anything but a brilliant, breathtaking creation of one of the world's smartest men.

In many ways, that image is true. Microsoft is not that evil as far as companies - especially media companies - go. It has earned its place in digital history, outsmarting and outmaneuvering competitors and providing innovative, inexpensive, and reliable - if often unimaginative and dull - products and software.

But the continued rise of Microsoft raises all sorts of enormous questions for government and journalists - questions ratified by Time's cover story.

The story, written by Joshua Cooper Ramo and reported by David S. Jackson, is clear and authoritative. It focuses more on the gargantuan battle between Microsoft and Netscape than on the implications of one company controlling so much media. But it, almost alone among mainstream journalistic outlets, makes the stakes clear:

"An epic battle is taking place between Microsoft and Netscape. Each company wants to be your guide to the Internet, the key to personal computing in the future. The victor could earn untold billions; the loser could die."

Most of the media still don't quite grasp that it isn't just the computer world at stake. Microsoft is moving to become the most powerful editorial entity on earth, one that will dwarf by many times in literal size and power companies like Time Warner. The press, in particular, was always envisioned as a diverse medium, one in which many individuals got to speak their minds. Since the Microsoft juggernaut now seems nearly unstoppable, it's past time to start asking Gates what his intentions are, what his visions of media are all about.

Microsoft's policies toward politics, civics, interactivity, individual access to media, creativity, news, free speech, and language will shape America's modern media as they stumble toward the millennium.

No part of the information culture will be able to exist independently of Microsoft products, software, hardware, or editorial content. Since there has never been a company like this, it's not possible to know what it will mean to media and everybody else.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-22, 01:04 AM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
In short, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are trying to acheive an "online world domination". Think about it for a moment.
They are trying to control java by attempting to take out sun, they already won the browser war, they are trying to become the largest ISP on this planet (msn), windows is basically being used by 97% of the computer industry, and therefore, IE took out Netscape easily, and they are trying to win the console war now.

I could make the list way much longer, but there's no need to. You can clearly see what they are attempting to do anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-22, 06:56 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
stop making long posts ass ;]

But Nintendo started it... that means nothing... unless you are 5 Nintendo doesn't look THAT hot.

The games on Gamecube could easily turn on a little kid but that doens't thrill me.

Mario is getting pretty outdated for its time, time to move on to RPG's and FPS's.

-----
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

X2D

Posted 2002-03-22, 07:18 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
Well, Nintendo started PlayStation too, but they gave up on it, so lots of things can still happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-22, 09:33 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
Ok, if I were you, I would go for... GameCube, there is only 1 good game out and its like... a shooter, terrable.

I would get a Gamecube if you were to get something (the silver/gold dvd one). Its just my choice tho, XBox has ALOT more potential.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-03-23, 06:54 AM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
And PS, they are also developing an XBox 2 with better gfx and a faster processer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-03-24, 09:12 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
I swear, why do thousands of people buy the shitty Xbox just for the DVD player? I bought a Gamecube because i wanted a console, not a damn $300 half-computer with a DVD player. The controller sux and so do the games! I'm not suprised they are making an Xbox 2, cuz the first one sux.....I mean, is a new Xbox gonna come out every year? When it reaches about Xbox 4 it will be a computer!!!
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-04-20, 05:58 PM in reply to X2D's post "Should X Get an XBox?"
300 bucks doesnt even get you the DVD player, you have to pay an extra 30 to "unlock" that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken