Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Movies: LoTR:TRoTK
Posted 2004-01-05, 06:57 PM
As always with my reviews, this is all strictly in my opinion, and personally, it doesn't matter how much you agree with it.

I loved it!

What to say, what to say?

1. Directing: Peter Jackson did quite a good job on this one, using ther style, and creating the mood in a similar way which he has done with the previous two. Crooked shots, and many wide angle shots. Very well done actually. In this movie, he mostly sets the major drama aside, and brings out the "grandness" of the film, and I am personally alright with that.

2. Acting: Acting superb, as always, with a special highlight of our CGI friend, Gollum. All the hobbits, acted fine, with some maybe overacting to go with it. Gandalf (Ian McKellen) pwned as usual, and in this movie, he traded his staff in for a sword for many of the fight sequences. Gimli, was his usual nutty self, providing comic relief, and Legolas was his usual, (not that good, but still cool) self, where he kicks orc and elephant ass with his bow. Aragorn, and the rest of the human friends are also doing superb, and I cannot complain about him or any other human at all. A peticularly moving preformance was done by Farameir.

Everything Else: Music, top notch as usual, composed by one of the masters of the movie music, Howard Shore. Cinematography, spectacular, which I would think may be in for an Oskar. Writing, its usual self, good, but not spectacular.

Im not going to give away anything, for those who have not seen it yet, but if you have not... Go now!

Jamesadin's rating: 9.3/10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-05, 07:25 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
I definitly agree with the overacting comment.

But it lost points with me for repetation, it just seemed too much like the first and second for me, but I'll still get the DvD when it comes out.

If at any moment I flip through the channels and one of these is on it would have to be on for probly five minutes or so before I could figure out which one it is.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-05, 07:34 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
Yeah, it did lose origonality after I think the highly successful "Battle of Helms Deep" in the Two Towers. But, I still highly enjoyed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-05, 07:40 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
I like how they can add a bit of humor just to break up the overdrama. Plus the battle scenes made me shit my pants. I know for a fact that it took an average of 2 hours per frame to render some of the scenes and the LONGEST time for one frame to render was two days... eek. A bunch of people cheered when Legolas took down the elephant thing, but it reminded me a great deal of the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Hoth scenes with Luke taking down the AT-AT with his lightsaber. Guess I'm just a double nerd.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-05, 08:00 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
Honestly, I don't think it would take me more than 15 seconds or so at any point to be able to tell which of the three is which.

This was by far the most impressive battle scene I have seen to date, and the length of it was incredible! The only part of the entire movie that kind of ticked me off was after the battle was over and they went through the whole spleel with The Shire. It just seemed like it was in slow motion for like 45 minutes to me, but I guess it was good. At least they provided some sort of closure to the characters.

Overacting by the hobbits again, yes.

Cheers from the movie viewers in my theatre when Legolas took down the Mammoth as well, yes.

Great movie, yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-05, 08:26 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
Yeah now that you bring it up, that was my only problem with the movie. It seemed to end like four or so times and just kept coming back. I remember thinking "JUST FUCKING END ALREADY."

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-06, 03:18 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
I honestly thought this was the greatest movie to ever have been made. I will definitely buy it (if i don't download it first )

11/10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-01-16, 02:56 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
I think the movie was asome and i will buy the dvd. Only downside was that it seemed kind of childish in some parts on the movie. For example: When the kings daughter takes off her visor and says "im not a man ima a women" and kills the dragon thing by chopping off its head with 2 hits then killing the dude by stabbing him in his face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
nddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

nddwind

Posted 2004-01-17, 11:27 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Movies: LoTR:TRoTK"
The way some humour was tossed in was pretty funny. after legolas takes out all the guys on the mammoth thing and then the mammoth which was done amzingly cool like and Gimli says to legolas "That still only counts as one" and the fact that they were counting their kills. lol.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide