Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Douglas Coupland
Posted 2008-12-12, 03:15 PM
Started reading (and reading like a madman) some books by Douglas Coupland. Started with Microserfs and finished JPod today. All this in the span of a week (since Tuesday). Never really heard of him until a friend of mind mentioned him to me and I have to say: he's really good. Never read someone with a sense of humor as weird as mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-12-12, 03:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Douglas Coupland"
Ooooh! I read an excerpt of JPod in the paper when it came out, and I rather enjoyed it. What's the book as a whole like?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-15, 03:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ooooh! I read an excerpt of JPod in the..."
The book as a whole is rather hilarious (though about 40 pages were spent to pi jokes, decimal place jokes, and finding an uppercase "o" amidst a vast sea of numbers). It's one of those novels where the most absurd things happen, yet it just seems so casual and normal.

Read Microserfs first, though. That's his absolute best book. I've finished Eleanor Rigby and am close to finishing The Gum Thief. Next I'm going to start Hey, Nostradamus!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack