Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Audio Driver
Posted 2004-02-03, 12:05 AM
I need some help finding a download for an Audio Driver for my computer. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I have a Dell Dimension XPS B1000r. I've looked at Dell's download section, and there are 3 drivers listed there, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them to work. I've done this before, so I know there is a download out there somewhere, my resources are limited on the subject though. Thanks for the help guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-02-03, 01:39 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Audio Driver"
I assume it's a motherboard integrated audio card? If so, what motherboard are you using, and if not, what audio card are you using? Then all you would have to do is search "motherboard (your motherboard name here) audio drivers" or "audio card (audio card here) drivers" on Google or go to whatever the manufacturer's website is and search there. Since I'm too lazy to go look what 100 different combinations your system could have, I suggest you find it out for yourself. Go download Sandra if the device manager is too difficult for you to find.

Last edited by Eddie_Perez; 2004-02-03 at 01:42 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-03, 03:33 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "I assume it's a motherboard integrated..."
Yeah, I have no idea how to find out that information...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-02-03, 06:56 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "I assume it's a motherboard integrated..."
Eddie_Perez said:
Go download Sandra if the device manager is too difficult for you to find.

(Random typing to fill up limit)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-03, 09:49 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "(Random typing to fill up limit)"
Alright, I downloaded SANDRA, and I ran the Mainboard Information Module:

System
  • Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corporation
    Model : XPS1000
    ID : 044256E3-D411AF4A-00083DA0-8AC9E409

System Chassis
  • Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corporation
    Can be locked : No
    Version : MT
    Serial Number : F9DX101

Mainboard
  • Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
    MP Support : No
    Model : VC820
    Version : AAA15481-402
    Serial Number : 00081GDR1408306M01R0

On-board Devices
  • Ensoniq ES1373 Audio Device : Sound Adapter
    Intel 82559 Ethernet Device : Ethernet Adapter

System Memory Controller
    Error Correction Capability : None
    Number of Memory Slots : 2
    BANK0 - J6J1 : RIMM RAMBUS 256MB/16 @ 400Mt/s
    BANK1 - J6J2 : RIMM RAMBUS 128MB/16 @ 356Mt/s

Chipset 1
  • Model : Intel Corporation 82820 820 (Camino) Chipset Host Bridge (MCH)
    Bus(es) : X-Bus AGP PCI USB i2c/SMBus
    Front Side Bus Speed : 1x 132MHz (132MHz data rate)
    Maximum FSB Speed / Max Memory Speed : 1x 133MHz / 2x 399MHz
    Width : 64-bit
    IO Queue Depth : 6 request(s)

Performance Tips
  • Notice 224 : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate.
    Warning 2507 : Mainboard has too few memory slots. Upgrading the memory may be difficult or expensive.
    Warning 2508 : All memory slots are full. Upgrading the memory may be difficult or expensive.
    Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

That is what I got, and honestly, I deleted a lot of the passages, for I do not know what information you are looking for. I am a clear cut basics computer guy. I get lost with the mention of a few technical terms, so be easy on me.

Thanks for any tips or information you have for me now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied