Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post Religion has been defeated
Posted 2010-07-23, 12:09 AM
Congrats atheists, we can bask in glory as science has told those religious fuckers to go die in a well.

FACT, homosexuality is genetic.

FACT, god created all humans equal.

FACT, god condemns homosexuality to eternal torture and destruction

FACT, homosexuality is "wrong"

PARADOX, if homosexuality is genetic, then god purposely created humans gay.

QUESTION, If the above statement is true, then god is either one of the following.

1. A lying piece of garbage, that's malevolent enough to torture his own creations he loves so much.

OR

2. The bible is a load of bullshit.

take your pick religious fags, you can't bullshit your way out of this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2010-07-23, 03:40 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Religion has been defeated"
Wow, if anyone else had posted this, I would have given this thread my full attention. Alas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2010-07-23, 04:12 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Wow, if anyone else had posted this, I..."
This just in, Atheism is a religion too.

More at 11.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-23, 09:33 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "This just in, Atheism is a religion..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
This just in, Atheism is a religion too.
How do you figure?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-07-23, 11:12 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "How do you figure?"
Its the belief that man is > god.. or, more-so that.. a hospital should be built, rather then a church. Atheism is the belief that if something is going to happen, man will make it happen. Agnostic, is the religion of believing that religion doesn't exist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-23, 01:17 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Its the belief that man is > god.. or,..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Its the belief that man is > god.. or, more-so that.. a hospital should be built, rather then a church.
Atheism is merely the dismissal of supernatural claims. Telling an atheist that man is greater than god is like telling a sane person that man is greater than a three-headed goat-boy. It's essentially meaningless.

A religion has some very particular qualities that atheism lacks. I don't think it can be said that atheism is a religion.

Quote:
Atheism is the belief that if something is going to happen, man will make it happen.
Atheism does not necessarily preclude aliens, three-headed goat-boys, unicorns, celestial teapots, or fairies. All of these creatures can hypothetically "make things happen." But in practice, I suppose you're correct.

Quote:
Agnostic, is the religion of believing that religion doesn't exist.
I'm pretty sure everyone believes religion exists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-07-23, 01:44 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Atheism is merely the dismissal of..."
I love you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2010-07-23, 07:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Atheism is merely the dismissal of..."
ITT: Kyeruu makes himself look stupid, Kazilla decides to follow suit, Desmethones brings rationality to the table but it falls on mostly deaf ears.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-07-24, 08:46 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "ITT: Kyeruu makes himself look stupid,..."
and KA is still KA, Zelaron will live to see another day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-24, 05:36 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "and KA is still KA, Zelaron will live..."
But it's true, what i said is not a lie : (
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2010-07-25, 04:52 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "But it's true, what i said is not a lie..."
kyeruu said: [Goto]
What you said was probably one of the dumbest arguments I've seen made from that side, and I'm basically on the same side as you. You just look like a moron. Gj bro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-07-26, 09:59 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Religion has been defeated"
Cool story, bro.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-07-26, 11:37 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Religion has been defeated"
I don't understand anything you said Kyeruu, try and elaborate? You absolutely contradicted yourself almost every line, it really makes no sense.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-07-26, 07:59 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "But it's true, what i said is not a lie..."

Tell that to Muslim extremists... or Christian extremists...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-07-27, 05:45 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Tell that to Muslim extremists... or..."
[Or even the athiest extremists, since it doesn't make sense.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-07-27, 08:29 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "[Or even the athiest extremists, since..."
Yeah, sorry about the random rage.

I'll fix it up.

What basically i said is. Anyone who's read the bible, has basic knowledge that it condemns the act of homosexuality, in many of it's verses.

Scientifically it has been recently proven, that although there is no "gay gene" there are heritage-wise genes, that cause more feminine outputs on men, or that simple show in the chromosomes that, homosexuality can be inherited from the woman.

Which brings up the controversial question.

If god dislikes/hates homosexuality, and commits no error, why did he create man with said "feminine" gene? or anything that could make a man seem homosexual?

the perfect example is something in the spanish term called "amanerado" which is slang to define a person who talks with a gayish like voice, and has a lot of feminine qualities, YET they dont' do it on purpose, it's purely genetic, in forms of behavior and imitation.

Which makes me asks, that if the above statements are true.

Then god is either:

1. Not real, the bible lied.

2. A malevolent selfish being, which the bible says is not true. Which goes back to the first statement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2010-07-27, 08:50 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Yeah, sorry about the random rage. ..."
Yeah, sorry about the random rage.

I'll fix it up.

What basically i said is. Anyone who's read the bible, has basic knowledge that it condemns the act of homosexuality, in many of it's verses.

Scientifically it has been recently proven, that although there is no "gay gene" there are heritage-wise genes, that cause more feminine outputs on men, or that simple show in the chromosomes that, homosexuality can be inherited from the woman.

Which brings up the controversial question.

If god dislikes/hates homosexuality, and commits no error, why did he create man with said "feminine" gene? or anything that could make a man seem homosexual?

the perfect example is something in the spanish term called "amanerado" which is slang to define a person who talks with a gayish like voice, and has a lot of feminine qualities, YET they dont' do it on purpose, it's purely genetic, in forms of behavior and imitation.

Which makes me asks, that if the above statements are true.

Then god is either:

1. Not real, the bible lied.

2. A malevolent selfish being, which the bible says is not true. Which goes back to the first statement.
The problem is that you're trying to use logic but you're dealing with completely illogical people. They'll just come up with some new irrational way to explain it like:

"The scientists are lying"

"If such a genes exist then people who have them must be descendants of the Sodomites"

"DNA is a lie"

Among other things. They're fucking insane by definition, and you're trying to convince them with logic. Which basically makes you an idiot.

And if you don't think the bible portrays God as being malevolent, you obviously haven't read the Old Testament. The Old Testament God is pretty much a raging asshole. Hell, the guy hates figs (and fags.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-07-27, 09:39 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Yeah, sorry about the random rage. ..."
Citations, please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-07-27, 09:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The problem is that you're trying to..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
And if you don't think the bible portrays God as being malevolent, you obviously haven't read the Old Testament. The Old Testament God is pretty much a raging asshole. Hell, the guy hates figs (and fags.)
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction; jealous, and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

- Richard Dawkins
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-07-27, 10:59 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "The God of the Old Testament is..."
I've never seen the logic in arguing religion.
Everyone believes something different, and in the end, they're all just standing at different angles of the circle staring into the same thing: The fact that something has to justify the effed up world we live in and the individuals that make it that way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow