Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Post Help needed!
Posted 2007-03-27, 01:21 PM
Hello. At first I want to thank Google. If it wasn't for Google I never would've found this site. Alright let’s get to the point!

I and my friends are making a trilogy, not so unlike to Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (The Final Fantasy XIII series). The story however will not be like FNC.

For us to start this project we would need a guide to RPG Maker XP. Of course we know the basics, or at least think we do.

We want to start with an opening; a scrolling text, maybe a cut scene with it in colour; sepia. And a fade in/out. If someone can do a tutorial for this or link a tutorial, would be appreciated.

I also want to tell the story on 5 minutes and please comment it and rate.

The first chapter of the story takes place in a city called Euschouton. The main hero, Vaine, wakes up after a bad case of coma and finds himself in a church. Ceadric, one of the high mages, tells him that one of the clerics found him drifting by the shore. Ceadric also asks Vaine if he can fetch a naughty mage apprentice back to the church. Vaine, is forced on someway to accept this task. Vaine now has to follow the southern road to Chinglea woods, the mage apprentice, Joseph, who got lost and unfortunately stuck, because of running away from the creatures that followed him.

Vaine returns Joseph and Ceadric is pleased by Vaines success. One year feast is held, (a cut scene), where Ceadric tells Vaine about the evil that lurks outside of Euschouton walls. Vaines interest grow bigger and bigger by the minute he listens. When the feast is over Ceadric and the townsfolk return to their houses to sleep.

Next day Vaine talks to Ceadric. Ceadric asks Vaine if he could do a simple task for him. That he should return back to Chinglea woods and find a rare herb within. A sick civilian has been infected with a major disease and the clerics are unable to help him along with the high priestesses. Ceadric says that he will need some assistance finding the herb so he has Trish, senior cleric, to go with Vaine. Vaine's appreciation for saving him hasn't been fulfilled so he accepts the task. He will encounter a boss in the woods, Tyeros (cut scene). The boss will have assistance encounters. (Tutorial?). After our heroes defeat the boss, a cut scene will appear in Euschouton where soldiers come rushing in and ask Ceadric if there has been any strange travellers there lately. Trish will say that her job is finished and "let's go back to Euschouton" (A text box will appear: 'Trish has left the party!' and she won't be in the party no more, tutorial?).

When Vaine returns he will find the city crawling with soldiers from the Mermeldian Empire. He finds Ceadric in the church alongside father Gastholm. He asks why the soldiers have come. Ceadric and Gastholm sigh and then ask if he would know anything about himself. Vaine who says he doesn't know anything about himself but that his name is Vaine. And he says he remembered the banner outside. 'Mer... Merme... the Mermeldians...' he gets a flashback (displayed sepia, cut scene) of the Mermeldia kingdom and the king who talks to an imprisoned male. 'Nurmilian, Veuisus. Former leader of the Crystallers.' says the king. 'Weruivius, Wrathler. The third of your kind.' the cut scene ends and the voice Vaine hears is familiar to Vaine. 'Veuisus... Crystallers...' Ceadric and Gastholm gasp and ask him if he has any idea of the Crystallers. He agrees to hearing the story so Ceadric begins.

(Cut scene) Once a man named Belias Kain sought the crystals power, he was one of the kings royal knights and was trusted before all in the kingdom. He read and read about the crystal and finally formed a group that called themselves 'Crystallers' or 'Crystal Thieves.' When the king found out what he was doing he stripped him and tossed him into the wilderness after day of torture. And the king said that if he would ever get into his sight again he would kill him. So Belias Kain found his way to a waterfall and made shelter and killed animals for food. A small resistance group and perhaps one of the last of its kind spotted him and knocked him out. They took him to their camp forcing him for information and when they finally found out who this man was they started to respect him. For his tactics on the battlefield have been known throughout the world. They insulted his title at first for being one of Wrathlers man but at last they took him as one of their own. The resistance group was fighting for a land they owned before Wrathler the II took over. He joined the fight and found himself quick on the battlefield with 105 other men. The battle technique and tactics were incredible as he killed nearly 500 Mermeldians with few but 105. The former leader, who fell in battle against Belias' son Tyara, Kain. The resistance group all agreed of Belias taking charge so he was the second leader of the resistance group. Slowly, Belias made them believe what they could do with the crystals, so the resistance group ate the words after him and followed to the first crystal. After they stole the earth crystal the world changed shape, the mountains fell onto each other and the earth tore asunder. When Wrathler heard what happened and who was in charge he got furious sending his troops all over the world to seek Belias. But Belias was quick and fast in action unlike the soldiers. He was known throughout the world and people started joining his forces. After his fear of further unbalance of the earth he only took the earth crystal and used it to fuel up high-tech weapons and armours. He finally fell against his son Kain Tyara in a massive battle. The Mermeldians then fled the battle feared of the furious anger brought upon the Crystallers after Belias' death.

The Crystallers did now have no leader. Belias' right hand man, Veuisus, was made the new Crystallers leader and fought for 3 years till he was imprisoned by Wrathler the III, son of Wrathler the II, he would spend days there tortured, till the Crystallers, to the Mermeldians' great surprise attacked the fortress and freed Veuisus. He then escaped during the attack with the Crystallers. When he made it to the base safely they planned an attack on the whole Mermeldian Empire. The Crystallers said such a thing would be impossible but Veuisus thought else. After some time the Crystallers regained most of their fallen troops and were ready to launch an attack on the Mermeldians. They killed more than 10.000 soldiers and agreed to not kill civilians. At last, when they reached the gate they rushed in and killed massive number of soldiers. Veuisus who led the attack, unfortunately fell in battle against Kain. Or so they say. Who then killed most of the group alone. Kain disappeared after the battle and no one has ever seen him since.

That's all, for now, that is. If someone could link a tutorial or tell me how to make the things I mentioned above, it would be appreciated.

And rate the story, if you read it. And I apologize for it being so long...
And if possible a tutorial about the window skin. And pretty much everything.

I was thinking of having Ceadric giving Vaine some gold, how can I do that? And about sprites I was thinking of maybe using horses as the main vehicle in the game.

Last edited by Nero Angelo; 2007-04-12 at 05:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nero Angelo

Posted 2007-03-27, 02:26 PM in reply to Nero Angelo's post "Help needed!"
I'll try and make what you have so far this weekend.

(Or sooner if I have the time)

Do you have the legal RMXP? If not, I suggest getting it, as someone as coherent as you with a few people in on the project should consider pointing this game towards a larger, legal conscientious group.

Do you have an artist or spriter on your team?

Also if you give me all the features you would like within your game, I could help you. (Side-view battles, pixel-by-pixel movement, minimap, mode 7, longer walking cycles(frame-wise), tactical battle system, action battle system...)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-27, 03:05 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ";) I'll try and make what you have so..."
I think I'll leave all the scripts to you, Atnas, but I'm afriad I'll have to take myself up on my earlier offer in another thread and race you to get the tutorial for the cutscene done. We need a bit of life in these forums!

Oh, and the tutorials on gold and horses.

Is saidde duelle accept'd?

---

Btw, welcome, Nero! It's lovely to see coherent posts, with punctuation and capitals, no less! Especially from new members.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

..:Ab:..
Posted 2007-03-27, 03:14 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ";) I'll try and make what you have so..."
As much as I would want to, no, I do not have a spriter on my group. No artist either. Though we are hoping to get help with the sprites from people we know and on the internet aswell.

As for the battle-system. I don't want those art in the way, if you can help me do something like in Final Fantasy. When our heroes are either on the left (attack), right (back attack) or the middle.

Cut scenes have been some problem for now and we need a opening, in sepia, if not then just RPG colour. And of course in battle if possible something like explosions or something uniqe. And the spell "Warp".

As for the gameplay, I would want a minimap in the corner. And if possible push "M" for map in full screen. And you'd have to purchase or unclear the whole map for full sight.

Also:
I have been having some trouble with the party. You see I have created 12 party members for later purposes, of course. But I have tried many ways to make them not be in my party till it comes to it. And also, if anyone knows how to make a catarpillar (like the party in Final Fantasy 8, party members follow the main party member).

As I am not that good in english. I would have to have somone to assist me with words and such.

And thank you. ;D
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nero Angelo

Posted 2007-03-27, 03:29 PM in reply to Nero Angelo's post "..:Ab:.."
I'm an artist and spriter, if you need anything just post it.

Haha, Lenny, I'm gonna beat you to it (As soon as I'm done this unit project...)

And, all the things you've listed, tech-wise, I can do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-27, 03:42 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm an artist and spriter, if you need..."
Awesome! So do you have a msn messenger or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Nero Angelo

Posted 2007-03-27, 03:43 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm an artist and spriter, if you need..."
I can't do them, but I know they can be done, and I've got ideas as to how they might be done.

I probably won't be able to start knocking together a tutorial/demo until Friday night, sadly, but I'll still try and get one done. So you'd better watch out, Atty, else Lenny's gonna get ya!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-27, 04:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can't do them, but I know they can be..."
I don't go for the whole IM business, I always get stalkers. (would 12 y/o girls count as stalkers?)

I'll probably not be able to start till Friday either.

I'm serious about this unit project though, I won't be able to contact you outside of this forum until this weekend.

Last edited by Atnas; 2007-03-27 at 04:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas