Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Final Fantasy Unlimited
Posted 2002-03-17, 10:56 AM
IGN.com has uncovered some more new information about the Final Fantasy game for Gamecube.

Here's what they had to say:

While not officially announced, the first Final Fantasy game thought to be in development under the agreement is Final Fantasy Unlimited, a title based on Square's anime series of the same name. In the anime series, a black pillar appears mysteriously in the waters near Japan and begins to summon monsters from another world. A Geologist named Dr. Hawayaka and his wife enter the portal and return later to write about their adventures. When they attempt to travel to the other world for a second time, though, they go missing. And this is when their children, Ai and Yuu decide to look for them.

Akitoshi Kawazu, who worked on Legend of Mana and SaGa for Square, began development on a Final Fantasy Unlimited project for an unnamed console as far back as October of last year. His role in the Q Fund startup studio suggests that the game is indeed bound for GameCube and Game Boy Advance. The titles, according to Nintendo of America, will be totally interactive with one another and will arrive, at least in Japan if not America, before the end of the year.

"This is very exciting news for us and surely for gameplayers around the world," Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs Perrin Kaplan told IGNcube today. "Square's talent is well-respected. Between the combination of their good work, and Nintendo's exclusive connectivity ability between GCN and GBA, the result will be great."

I'll keep you guys updated as this tory develops.
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-03-17, 10:56 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
spelling correction: story*
[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-03-18, 08:12 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
sounds cool
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-03-19, 03:55 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Well, if they started making Nintendo games again, I'd be TOO happy.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-20, 07:23 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
yeah, hopefully they will. they used to make nintendo games; like SMRPG
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-03-24, 03:40 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Anything but SMRPG, I despise that game!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-24, 12:28 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
r u kidding? i love that game!
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-04-03, 10:59 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
Anything but SMRPG, I despise that game!
really? that was my favorite SNES game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-04, 07:38 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
mine too
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-04-09, 06:30 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Is smrpg worth buying?
[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

FuRy

Posted 2002-04-09, 08:57 PM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
definatly!
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-04-14, 07:54 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Ive never played Final Fantasy before, if it comes to cube... Would you recommend buying it??
"I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head..." ~ Kurt Cobain- Lithium

thanks to ask_raber for this sig!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
www.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwww.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

www.com

Posted 2002-04-14, 08:47 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
i would recommend renting it first.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-04-14, 09:10 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
YES
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-14, 09:12 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
Well, if they started making Nintendo games again, I'd be TOO happy.
yeah me too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-14, 09:27 AM in reply to FuRy's post "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
me too also
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube