Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Question project
Posted 2009-08-03, 11:27 PM
i was thinking to help me learn my programming languages i would want to start on a website hacking program
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-08-04, 02:13 PM in reply to jamer123's post "project"
This is a bit of a grey area to discuss. When people register and ask about hacking into forums because they've been banned, or e-mail accounts because the wife's been sleeping around, or how to hack, they're usually banned. I'd assume the same would be true if you wanted to know how to hack.

On the other hand, I can find nothing in the FAQ that explicitly states you cannot discuss hacking. However, you are warned about malicious software and scamming - we can scam, and we cannot direct to malicious software (into which category hacking programs could fall).

Explain what you want to do, and we'll see. I imagine that the thread will be closed, though, so don't be surprised. A ban is possible, but as you're not directly defying the rules by linking to malicious software, or actually scamming someone, I don't think you'd get one.

My personal opinion is that you should probably look into something different to help you learn a language to begin with.

Which language are you hoping to learn?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-04, 02:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "This is a bit of a grey area to..."
probly html and or java at first then later flash
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-08-04, 02:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "This is a bit of a grey area to..."
Yes, your statement is very vague. I think just general reading up on networking and how things actually work will give you a wonderful insight into where you are trying to go.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-08-04, 02:23 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "probly html and or java at first then..."
HTML by itself is pretty basic. It is simply a markup language, and as such you can't really do any real processing with it.

Java can be very useful. I personally find it to be a terribly awful language, but it's quite widely used, and it has advantages over other languages because it can interface with the web quite easily.

Flash (the language is actually called ActionScript) can be useful for animations and flashy interfaces, but again, it's not really a language that you'd write programs in that do processing, like you can in Java.

What you might also want to learn is JavaScript - it's a scripting language that is used to do processing on websites. Although it shares it's name with Java, the similarities are only superficial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-04, 02:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "HTML by itself is pretty basic. It is..."
so when are the lessons begining lenny
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2009-08-04, 03:30 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "so when are the lessons begining lenny"
HTML is very easy to pick up from http://www.w3schools.com/ which also has tutorials for CSS. The best way I found of learning the more complex bits was to download templates and rip full websites, go into the source code, and change the whole thing line by line, to see what it did.

I've never bothered with learning ActionScript, so I wouldn't know where to start, but the syntax looks similar to Java.

JavaScript will also be on W3Schools, I'd imagine.

As for Java, try the Sun site: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html.

I'm afraid I don't currently have the free time to teach you everything, but if you come across anything you don't understand, or can't do, in the Sun tutorials, let me know, and I'll walk you through it.

At some point over the next few weeks, I'm going to scan all of my notes from my first year and make PDFs of them, so I don't have to cart heavy folders to University and back. When I've done that, I'll put the links up so others can download them too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-04, 04:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "HTML is very easy to pick up from..."
ohh wow thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2009-08-05, 02:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "HTML is very easy to pick up from..."
Lenny, JavaScript and ActionScript are both based on the ECMAScript 262 Standards. So that's why they are alike. As for Java, I don't think it's based on those standards even though all of those languages resemble one another.

As for jamer123, stick to HTML, CSS, and lower level stuff for now. It took me a while to fully wrap my head around JavaScript. So I wouldn't suggest doing that one. Plus, I had 2 books on JavaScript which taught me the language. W3Schools was a little vague and or not real helpful for me with JavaScript.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-08-05, 03:10 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Lenny, JavaScript and ActionScript are..."
Well no... JavaScript was first introduced in 1995 and it was submitted for standardisation in 1996, the result of which was the ECMA-262 specification. As such, JavaScript is a superset of ECMA-262, whilst at the same time it extends the latest edition with features not seen in other languages that conform to ECMAScript. ActionScript, however, is based on ECMA-262.

Java, on the other hand, was released in 1995 after four years of development, and is based on C/C++. JavaScript shares superficial similarities, such as syntax (influenced by C), names and naming conventions. The only reason it's called JavaScript is because Netscape did a deal with Sun that bundled the Java runtime with the Netscape browser.

I think that the reason many of these languages have a similar syntax is because JavaScript was influenced by the C syntax like Java, and itself influenced ECMAScript, which is what a few languages are based on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny