Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Problems with BGM and a script. =/
Posted 2009-07-26, 10:07 PM
Ok, so I'm still a little new to this but I've been looking around, trying really hard to figure this out.
I set an event to autorun. The Event is town BGM. But when I do that, I can't move. Some one said to set a switch, but the only switches I can find tutorial wise are for characters talking. And when I just add a switch (just put it on) and then the music doesn't play.

I want the music to /play/ and I want to be able to /move/. Can any one help?

I'm also having problems with this script: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40898 It's for posting the face images beside the words. I don't know what I'm not getting, but I'm not. Where do I upload the images to and what do I type? Do I open up the event and click show text and put the image in that box and then the message? How would that look like?

If you could type it step by step for me, all of this, that would help a great deal -_- Thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Linally enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzLinally enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Linally

Posted 2009-07-27, 05:52 PM in reply to Linally's post "Problems with BGM and a script. =/"
First, what version are you using? Eg. RM2K, 2K3, XP, or VX?

Second, and Autorun event takes complete control of the current scene. It ignores all event movement and player input and runs it's processes.

Do you just want the music to play on the map, or is it a cutscene? If you just want music to play, right click on your map, select "Map Properties" or whatever your translation calls it and change BGM to the tune you want.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2nd.jpg (79.4 KB, 21 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-07-30, 04:35 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "First, what version are you using? Eg...."
Thanks!

I figured it out a little while ago, but now I just have another problem. =/
I have an even cutscene where the character talks and them moves on his own but after the event I can't move. It's not on auto run, it's on player touch.

There's a transition to fade into the scene (Is there any way to slow it down some?)
Then talking, then waiting while he walks to some where else and talks again. Then I have on erase event as a switch.

Then I can't move. >.<;

And I'm using XP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Linally enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzLinally enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Linally

Posted 2009-07-31, 11:59 AM in reply to Linally's post starting "Thanks! I figured it out a little..."
Give a screenshot of the event, then I might understand you. Lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G