Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Broadband Splitting?
Posted 2004-01-21, 04:54 PM
Well I've got a few questions on this one. I was recently introduced to the idea of getting broadband, (throwing dialup out on its ass and getting comcast ) But if I get this broadband internet, why not just go ahead and run it to the tv?

Well my question is , How could I run it to both? Just a basic ole spilitter? I'm guessing that it isn't this easy, so would I have to purchase a scrambler to descramble the channels? Hmph sorat stumped.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-21, 05:33 PM in reply to D3V's post "Broadband Splitting?"
I think it goes to separate sources. Cables can't feed the same information into different things. Your modem reads the information from the internet lines and the TV reciever reads information from the TV lines.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-21, 08:16 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I think it goes to separate sources. ..."
You'd need a filter for the video signal. They're hard to find for purchase and probably do cost a lot of money. You'd also need a descrambler for digital cable.

Of course, if you PAID for cable TV, they'd hook one up for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-22, 12:47 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "You'd need a filter for the video..."
Yeah I was thining about ordering it, having it installed and canceling after a month and just say somebody 'stole' it or I lost it. Alright, thanks ....

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-22, 01:16 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I was thining about ordering it,..."
Even so, if that theory was true you would have cable TV just have to plug it in, getting Broadband you still won't be sent the television channels... or am I confused?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-22, 01:59 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Even so, if that theory was true you..."
Well, I thought that cable companies have a seperate channel that they use for internet, but if you get the internet I thought that the internet only used up one 'channel' and if you had a splitter you could just view channels as if you paid for it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-22, 02:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, I thought that cable companies..."
IF that was the case then all you would have to do it plug the coax into the TV.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-22, 02:40 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "IF that was the case then all you would..."
That was basically my question, I'm not sure if it'll work though

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-24, 12:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "That was basically my question, I'm not..."
Yes, it will work, but you will have a lower signal. Is your cable wall jack in your room? The cable shouldn't be more than 10 feet long from the wall jack to your cable modem, if you it must travel a distance, leave the modem where it is, but use an ethernet cord to reach where it needs to go, since they have far greater reach at no signal loss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-24, 11:12 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Yes, it will work, but you will have a..."
Yes, I understand what your saying eddie, but can't I just hook an amp to it to pump out the data at a higher rate to make it work alot better? And if so, what should I run it to ? Tv or PC MOdem?

Well, My Tv and my Computer are RIGHT NEXT to each other, I mean 1 ft apart, but If I wanted television in the other rooms i'd either have to run a spiltter through the roof or get them to install it then cancel.

But anyways, I've got a 25 ft ethernet cable that'd work fine , heh.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V