Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

War Cry Barb
Posted 2004-11-25, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have ideas or expiriance (possibly a guide) for a war cry barb build? It's always been my dream to work on such a build ever since the last patch but was never able to make it. Now with CTAs and HoTos I think it's possible to make a decent war cry barb.
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-11-25, 10:11 PM in reply to sheerx's post "War Cry Barb"
It will suck. YOu wont have any block and if your opponent has enough FHR your wc's wont stun him and its G_G. This build is probably more anti caster.

Hmm. I've never built one but I'll try to give you a guide.

Helm: Arreats
Weapons: 2x 40 Res hotos
Ammy: Crafted +barb skills, fcr, + stats ammy.
Belt: arachs.
Armor: Enigma.
RIngs: 2x soj's (You're going to need the mana)
Boots: Not sure.
10x wc gc's
9x 20/5 life/res sc's, or if you cant afford that, 20 life sc's
Anni

On wep switch:
2x 3+/3+/3+ cta.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-25, 10:15 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It will suck. YOu wont have any block..."
i was thinking that the pvp might not work very well but old wc barbs were able to the the continuous stun.. anyway if that doesn't work out how about a Battle order barb.. i would think the same weapons.. what do you think about having a character that only assists
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-11-25, 10:17 PM in reply to sheerx's post starting "i was thinking that the pvp might not..."
I had one. A paladin Cleric / Holy freeze smiter (the smite was for defence if some fag tried to attack me) I actually ended up killing some people with smite....

It was fun but got borin quickly. I didnt really invest any 3/20's into him though. He used all shit i had on mules. Tals belt, ik parts, g angel, stuff like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-26, 06:42 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I had one. A paladin Cleric / Holy..."
a paladin assister is another idea i didn't think of. Still gonna try to build the bo barb.
for the items i would think...
shako
enigma
2x hoto
magefist
2x sojs
maras
aracnids
and some treks or maybe silks
with 10x wc gc and some 3/20/20's

I think this setup isin't bad but now i need to know how to do the skills
if you have any idea help
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sheerx

Posted 2004-11-29, 07:06 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It will suck. YOu wont have any block..."
well i am not sure what kind of drugs sov was on when he typed this up because echoing weapons aka +3 war cry weapons are a hell of a lot cheaper than 2 cta.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-11-29, 10:08 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "well i am not sure what kind of drugs..."
You loose style points -_-. Gotta have those. THat's the reason my necro uses .08 visc, and my V/t uses Upgraded Exceptional Bloodfists and Elite Grim spurs =D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-29, 10:24 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You loose style points -_-. Gotta have..."
yeah you may lose style points but i go for cost effectiveness and for that echoing weapons are better.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-11-29, 10:59 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "yeah you may lose style points but i go..."
Well, since I am in a clan, I built a warcry barb for helping in clan duels and tournies. When I built this barb I had no intention of him becoming PVP so he didn't. The barb I made was awesome as fuck and if i wanted him to duel I could have payed for him to get the gear and he would own ass.

My build : : :

perfect wolfhowl (for the warcrys it adds)
grandfather with high % ed (40/15 max dmg jewel added to it)
um'ed storm sheild
eth sandstorm trek
high % dracs
two raven frosts
crafted barb ammy (best one in game)
10 x wc gcs
9x20 to life 5 to defense smcs
1x19/19/7 anni
2 x 3 to WC sticks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skills: : : :

MAX these skills

shout ------|
warcry |---max these and all synergies
battle orders ------|
whirlwind
sword mastery

add a few points into:

iron skin
natural resists
increased stamina

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That shoul do it man. I hope that helps ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
matrix6977 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmatrix6977 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

matrix6977

Posted 2004-11-29, 05:12 PM in reply to matrix6977's post starting "Well, since I am in a clan, I built a..."
this barb is a warcray barb? What does the grandfather and stormsheild do? and is the wlfhowl better than a shako or arreats? gotta check
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sheerx

Posted 2004-11-30, 07:05 AM in reply to sheerx's post starting "this barb is a warcray barb? What does..."
i believe that matrix6977 misunderstood what a war cry barb is, that isnt a true war cry barb that is like team dueling barb that has war cries to aid allies, not for attacking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2004-11-30, 11:28 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i believe that matrix6977 misunderstood..."
PvP Warcry Barb aka "Singer"

Stat Points:

Str: enough to wear gear. optimally, Base.
Dexterity: enough to have 75 blocking at your target level, using 1 raven frost and 1 hoto.
Vitality: lots
Energy: none.

Skill Points:

1 Iron Skin
1 Natural Resistance
1 Inc. Stamina
1 Inc. Speed
1 Leap
20 Howl
20 Battle Cry
20 War Cry
20 Taunt
20 Battle Orders
1 Shout
1 Battle Command

Gear for General Vs All:

Heart of the Oak Flail
Heart of the Oak Flail
Arachnid Mesh Belt
Stone of Jordan
Cast Ring with Str/Dex/Life/Mana/10 FCR
Mara’s Kadeliscope
Boots with 20% Hit Recovery, Str/Dex/Resists
Magefist Gloves
Enigma Dusk Shroud
Harlequin Crest, Shael

This is not my guide (normally I dont put skill distributions that require level 99) its just an excerpt.

The full guide with explanations is here:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=207840

The comments in it regarding responding to trashtalking are quite amusing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-12-17, 07:41 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "PvP Warcry Barb aka "Singer" Stat..."
Just a bit of a tip:::: I have dueled many wc barbs, and they sucked, im not saying the player sucked im jus saying in my opinion the idea of a wc barbs is a horrible idea, not a single one has killed me and unless they come out with a one hand weapon with +6 or more and fcr then wc barbs will continue to suck, remember just MY OPINION
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
i_screwed_ur_ma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeni_screwed_ur_ma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

i_screwed_ur_ma

Posted 2004-12-18, 10:29 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "PvP Warcry Barb aka "Singer" Stat..."
I haven't visited back to this thread in a while and the guide DamonGalos posted seems to be good so thanks for that.
As for i_screwed_ur_ma, different builds exist because the norms don't entertain anymore. These types of characters are seen because there are people who are bored of diablo but still want to play. If i were to make this character, Ill mainly be using it mostly for assisting friends in duals.
This thread seems to be a bit old I don't think there's anything more to be discussed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sheerx