Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

MMOs
Posted 2012-04-11, 10:48 AM
The other night, K_A made a good point. If we want to bring activity back to Zelaron, we need to find some way to spark discussion. K_A pointed out that the Skyrim thread brought a nice spike so he said it would be smart to find a game we can all play. So this is a call to everyone except Skurai to find a good MMO or just general online game we can all play together. I play a game called Jedi Academy but I'm not sure if people here would like it. I believe you can demo it and it's up on Steam. Any other suggestions?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-11, 11:00 AM in reply to Asamin's post "MMOs"
Minecraft? We could have our very own Zelaron server.

Alternatively, Notch has started working on a SF game, which will probably follow a similar business model to Minecraft. He's said that it will feature multiplayer: www.0x10c.com

For the general populace, however, something like Guild Wars 2 is a decent idea (not out yet, but it went up for pre-order last night), particularly is it's likely to be a big game, and it's free to play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-04-11, 11:22 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Minecraft? We could have our very own..."
Those are all good ideas. I think a good majority of us most likely already own Minecraft we just need someone to host the server. Guild Wars sounds fun, but I think we should pass up on any foreign games that not to many people play. I think the idea of playing a game with a guild system in it is a good idea. F2P is obviously a huge plus since no one likes paying per month. I think there is a chance that D3 will give a nice boost (that's what my next paycheck is going to). Any more ideas?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-11, 12:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Those are all good ideas. I think a..."
I didn't really care for Guild Wars when I played it but that was years ago. It pissed me off that you couldn't jump.

I've never played minecraft, so I can't really say anything about that.

World of Warcraft would be a good game if it weren't p2p. EVE would probably be decent, but I can't stand that game. I know both Chruser and WW play it already, though. Maybe the game would suck less playing with a bunch of people from Zelaron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-04-11, 04:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I didn't really care for Guild Wars..."
I think we've had a few Zelaron ppl try and quit EvE already. EvE is definately a social game. At it's core, it's a sandbox, so you have to work toward building something to fully enjoy it. It's hard to build stuff alone; with a group, you can build an empire of many different varieties. That being said, during the semesters, at least, we don't really have time for the game except low maintenance industrial pursuits, so more "anchor" ppl would be needed, though certainly we can share our experience to help others. The biggest drawback of EvE is the large baseline knowledge required to do well; the best way to learn is through conversation with others more experienced thann yourself, though certainly static sources are available many places online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-04-11, 07:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I didn't really care for Guild Wars..."
I think EvE would be fun. I tried it a while ago and the only thing that stopped me from continuing was that I had to pay and I didn't have the money. It's like a more indepth version of one of my favorite games ever.

There's no way in hell I'd ever play WoW again. I played it for a bit and hated it.

Minecraft is a really either you like it or hate it game, there's no in between. But, I can provide slightly illegal copies of this version of minecraft if someone wishes to try it. I would just strongly urge you to then purchase it afterwords because it's well worth the $30 or whatever it is now (I got it when it was in Alpha so it cost me $10)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin