Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

They're coming to take me away
Posted 2012-03-26, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 02:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post "They're coming to take me away"
In the song, the story is told in the first-person by an insane dog owner who is raving he will be taken away to a mental institution, referring to it as the "funny farm" and "happy home". His dog has run away and he is having an imaginary discussion with it ("Well you just wait, they'll find you yet, and when they do they'll put you in the ASPCA, you mangy mutt"). The cover art shows a spoof "Napoleon" holding an invisible dog on a leash, the collar being next to a fire hydrant (presumably so the dog can relieve itself).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-26, 02:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In the song, the story is told in the..."
I am now informed. We were forced to sing that in 7th grade music class.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 03:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I am now informed. We were forced to..."
That's kind of funny, since when it was released it was banned from a few stations because of the fact that it appears to make fun of mentally ill people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-27, 05:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's kind of funny, since when it was..."
I'm honestly finding it weird you happen to know so much about this song.... Did you sing it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-27, 01:06 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I'm honestly finding it weird you..."
I read the wikipedia page. My first post was directly from the wiki.

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! has the distinction of being the song to drop the furthest within the Top 40 in a single week. It charted for 5 weeks during 1966; in week 3 it peaked at #3, scored #5 in week 4, and fell to #37 in week 5. This was due to radio programmers removing the song from their playlists, fearing an adverse reaction from people who might consider the song as ridiculing the mentally ill. This occurred most notably in the New York market, where both the New York Top 40 music radio stations of the time, WABC and WMCA, banned broadcasting of the song. (WABC continued to include the song on its local Top 20 list despite no longer broadcasting it.)[2]

Opposition to the banning saw teenagers picketing WMCA, carrying such signs as: "We're coming to take WMCA away! Unfair to Napoleon in every way." In contrast, a plane flying a banner protested WMCA's banning the record.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-27, 01:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I read the wikipedia page. My first..."
About 10 seconds after I posted that and went to school, I realized what you must have done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-28, 01:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I read the wikipedia page. My first..."
I can't believe they make such a big deal about things like this, but play Boondock Saints on T.V. every week.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai