Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Failed to intalize DirectDraw?
Posted 2002-03-11, 08:33 PM
Well D2 LOD worked before, i played it last night. Now it gives me critical erroe code 22, filed to intalize directdraw? WTF?. I tryed replacing file ( when i put d2 on my puter i corrupt my hjdd and had to xfer them over, so they werent "legally" installed, but they worked fine before. And the funny thing is, Chris said to run Video Test, and it says this program isnt a valid win32 application. What the...? Anyone had this problem, hence know how to fix it? Thanks :\
-----------------------------
Toby Lawrence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
toby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentoby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

toby

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:35 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
well look at what applications auto run on setup...my guess is one of them is interfering :/
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:39 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
hmmm, also yopu know how when lod autoplays? and it says install diablo2.... then when it is installed it says play diablo2? mine doesnt say anything, it just has a open space then at the bottom options, blah, blah, that dosent seem right either....
Toby Lawrence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
toby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentoby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

toby

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:47 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:48 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
graviton, j00 f00 =P
Toby Lawrence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

toby

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:49 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
damn gravy..where u getting all these picks?
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Posted 2002-03-11, 08:55 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
hehe, i think gravy went korean in that pic , post some more, or you could help me with my diablo2 problem, seeing this is the diablo2 chat, ya dont have to, just a suggestion >_<
Toby Lawrence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

toby

Posted 2002-03-11, 09:30 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
May be that's him! Is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-03-11, 09:33 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
FIRST reinstall diablo 2

if it still doesnt fix it check what other progs run in the backround...i can tell you how to do this but i need to know what version of windows you use.

if that doesnt fix it reinstall your video card...software, drivers, ect.

try these first.
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-03-11, 11:00 PM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
Ya, Listen to King Kai 3... He always knows what he's doing :]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-03-12, 02:56 AM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
:P gravey whats the site for those errm gay ermmm perculiar sites
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2002-04-06, 02:42 AM in reply to toby's post "Failed to intalize DirectDraw?"
yes reforamt comp maybe not best way but definatly the most efficient then reinstall the game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar