Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Graphics Card (CRYSIS)
Posted 2007-07-13, 12:58 PM
Alright, I need instruction because I'm just recently getting into computer systems and I need to know what I'm doing.

I bought an Acer Aspire T180 and it has mostly everything I need for Crysis, except a video card. The minimum for the game is an Nvidia 6200 or ATI X1300 - Shader Model 2.0 and what I've got is an Nvidia GeForce 6100 with an nForce 430 MCP graphics solution. The 6100 is apparently capable of Shader 2.0.

Question: Despite the fact that I'm upgrading to an Nvidia 7600, would I be capable of playing the game without it?

Also, can I even upgrade my card, or is it part of the motherboard (intergrated nForce thing?)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2007-07-13, 01:01 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Graphics Card (CRYSIS)"
My best guess, yes. Most of the time, you can play a game with specs below the minimum. The reason they put a minimum, is so that people can't say the game doesn't run right unless they have the minimum.

For example, for WoW, you can play it on 56K internet, but the minimum supported is broadband internet. All that means is that if you have a problem with the game, they probably won't help you, since you're not using the minimum supported.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-14, 11:45 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "My best guess, yes. Most of the time,..."
!King_Amazon! said:
My best guess, yes.
Cool.

Is the 7600 a worthy card? If not, or even if yes, what would you suggest?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2007-07-14, 11:46 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Cool. Is the 7600 a worthy card? If..."
Is it the nVidia 7600 GT? Or something along those lines?

I used to have two of them in SLi before I upgraded to the 640mb nVidia 8800GTS. The 7600s were good cards, in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-16, 02:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Is it the nVidia 7600 GT? Or something..."
Lenny said:
Is it the nVidia 7600 GT? Or something along those lines?
actually... I think I'm gonna get the 7800 gt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2007-07-17, 11:20 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "actually... I think I'm gonna get the..."
Sorry to double post but I was recently informed of dual monitor support and I was wondering if Nvidia made a card (preferrably 7600+) that supported dual monitor.

What would I need for this (cardwise, I've heard of a DVI cable) and how would I set it up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2007-07-19, 03:59 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Sorry to double post but I was recently..."
7600GT supports dual monitor. And, as far as I know, every card from that one, at least, and upwards supports dual monitor.

Basically, you need a Serial to DVI adaptor. I have a feeling that one comes with the card to actually connect the monitor to it in the first place, seeing as the card doesn't have any serial ports (from my experience, the latest nVidia cards - 7600 to 8800 - have two DVI ports, and one D-SUB port). As for buying one, I haven't a clue how much it would cost, but I don't think it would be that much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny