Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Xbox 360 Official Price
Posted 2005-08-17, 05:04 PM
Quote:

Today at the Leipzig Gaming Convention, Microsoft has announced that their latest Xbox360 console will be released in two versions. "Xbox 360 Core System" directed at the mainstream audience and the premium "Xbox360" at the hardcore fanbase. The consoles will be sold at a price of $299 and $399, respectively.

"The Xbox360 Core System" will not include the much anticipated 20GB hard disk drive. Instead the $299 core system owners will receive a wired controller (sorry, no wireless here), a detachable faceplate, A/V cables and Xbox Live Silver membership.

"The Xbox360" or lets call it the premium $399 version of the new Xbox will include the 20GB hard disk as a standard and bundles with a wireless controller. Other luxuries of owning this pricey Xbox are getting a limited time offer remote control, Wireless Xbox Live headset, High-Definition A/V cables, an Ethernet cable, detachable faceplate and Xbox Live Silver membership.

Speaking with the press, corporate vice president, Peter Moore emphasised that the Xbox360 console is slated for a simultaneous release in North America, Europe and Japan.

Here is a list of Xbox360 accessories that can be purchased seperately at the time of launch.
  • Face Plate ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
  • 20GB Hard Drive ($99.99 / 99.99 Euros / 69.99 pounds)
  • 64MB Memory Unit ($39.99 / 34.99 Euros / 22.99 pounds)
  • Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99 / 79.99 Euros / 59.99 pounds)
  • Wireless Controller ($49.99 / 44.99 Euros / 32.99 pounds)
  • Play and Charge Kit ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
  • Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99 / 14.99 Euros / 9.99 pounds)
  • Wired Controller ($39.99 / 34.99 Euros / 24.99 pounds)
  • Headset ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
  • Universal Media Remote ($29.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)
  • Component HD AV Cable ($39.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)
  • S-Video AV Cable (US) or SCART AV Cable (Europe) ($29.99 / 24.99 Euros / 17.99 pounds)
  • VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)
So far there has been no annoucement regarding the launch titles for any territory. We'll bring you more news once more updates are disclosed.

Taken from www.ps3portal.com

It's gone midnight, I can't be bothered typing anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 05:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Xbox 360 Official Price"
Ah Microsoft... ripping people off by forcing them to buy the more expensive version to get features they basically need anyways. Genius!

Wait, no... It's just stupid. I seriously hope the PS3 utterly destroys Xbox 360.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-08-17, 05:56 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Xbox 360 Official Price"
Anyone who buys the $299 console is a fucking moron. That's not a bargain in the slightest. You're saving $100 dollars by omitting accessories that would cost twice that amount to buy separately.

I cannot wait to see how many dumbass 13-year-olds wind up with that "bargain" package, and complain about it because they were too dense to do a little research. Kudos, Microsoft!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-17, 06:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Anyone who buys the $299 console is a..."
"Joey wanted an xbox360 for christmas, lets get this one its 100 dollars less"
-christmas-
"God damnit mom"

omg fun holidays ahead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-08-17, 08:01 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting ""Joey wanted an xbox360 for christmas,..."
Seriously, as much of a non-fan as I am toward Microsoft, this is a great move. If for no other reason than my own entertainment, of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-18, 03:27 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Seriously, as much of a non-fan as I am..."
One bad thing...

This means that the PS3 will probably be quite expensive. If Microsoft feel safe with prices up to $400, then that means the PS3 will be something around that price...now we've got to save up more for a PS3...screw...

Slated for a worldwide release...25th November for everyone then. Looking at the accessories that the premium has, it hasn't got half as much as the PS3...I wonder what the Wireless controller will be like as well...

Maybe it will be a receiver plugged into the controller socket and an infra-red controller...

I could see that actually happening. If people with the Core version want to play multiplayer at a friends house who has got the Premium version, they how will they if the premium has no actual sockets for wired controllers? Whereas the PS3 has wireless no matter what, so all you do is take your boomerang to your friends and have fun.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-08-18 at 03:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-18, 03:42 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "One bad thing... This means that..."
Lenny said:
If people with the Core version want to play multiplayer at a friends house who has got the Premium version, they how will they if the premium has no actual sockets for wired controllers?
They all have sockets, the controllers are USB from what I understand, and the cheaper version comes with a USB controller. You will be able to use any variation of controllers on the systems. For example you could bring 2 wireless controllers to a friends house who has the cheap version and his buddy has a usb controller, and you could still play 4 player Halo 3 or whatever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-18, 03:54 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Ah Microsoft... ripping people off by..."
Xenn said:
Ah Microsoft... ripping people off by forcing them to buy the more expensive version to get features they basically need anyways. Genius!
::cough:: memory card ::cough::
::cough:: network adapter ::cough::
::cough:: Sony HD ::cough::

Before you lick Sony's ass, make sure it's clean please
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 04:01 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "They all have sockets, the controllers..."
If they have sockets then you don't get the full experience of wireless.

Any idea what the range of the wireless controllers is?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-18, 04:12 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If they have sockets then you don't get..."
lol the full experience of wireless? why so you can go stand 100 feet away from your tv and get your ass stomped by the guy plugged in? The advantage of wireless is not so you can stand far away, but so your cords dont get tangled up with each or tripped on and stuff like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-18, 04:15 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "lol the full experience of wireless?..."
You're limited with wired controllers. You can only play the game within a few feet of the console...something I absolutely hate having to do.

With wireless I can finally sit somewhere comfortable and play the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-18, 04:19 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "::cough:: memory card ::cough::..."
*cough*Face Plate ($19.99)*cough*
*cough*20GB Hard Drive ($99.99)*cough*
*cough*64MB Memory Unit ($39.99)*cough*
*cough*Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99)*cough*
*cough*Wireless Controller ($49.99)*cough*
*cough*Play and Charge Kit ($19.99)*cough*
*cough*Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99)*cough*
*cough*Wired Controller ($39.99)*cough*
*cough*Headset ($19.99)*cough*
*cough*Universal Media Remote ($29.99)*cough*
*cough*Component HD AV Cable ($39.99)*cough*
*cough*S-Video AV Cable (US) or SCART AV Cable (Europe) ($29.99)*cough*
*cough*VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99)*cough*

I think we can safely say that Microsoft are just trying to milk their customers for all it's worth?

"Oooh great! I'm an individual because I've spent $20 on a mass-produced faceplate that half a million other people in the world will have. Rock on!!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-18, 06:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "*cough*Face Plate ($19.99)*cough*..."
Lenny said:
"Oooh great! I'm an individual because I've spent $20 on a mass-produced faceplate that half a million other people in the world will have. Rock on!!"
I was actually planning on buying a faceplate then painting it myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-18, 07:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "*cough*Face Plate ($19.99)*cough*..."
Yea... you may wanna get that cough checked on, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 07:20 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I was actually planning on buying a..."
I was talking about the shop bought ones with designs already on them.

Up until now I didn't know that you could paint them.

Maybe I should rephrase it...

Don't not get something because of remarks others have made...else you get nowhere in life...

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-08-18 at 08:37 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:34 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "::cough:: memory card ::cough::..."
I'm not a Sony fanboy.. I would like to see Nintendo crush both Sony and Microsoft. It won't happen though, because Nintendo has already said they are interested in making affordable products to appeal to a mass audience. Boring to people like me, but economically intelligent.

Although it would be hilarious to see a headline like "Zelda: Twilight Princess single handedly bankrupts Microsoft; Sony"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-08-18, 01:45 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I'm not a Sony fanboy.. I would like to..."
Xenn said:
Although it would be hilarious to see a headline like "Zelda: Twilight Princess single handedly bankrupts Microsoft; Sony"
It would be more likely that d3v shows up at your house tonight at exactly midnight and murders you with a plastic spork.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-08-18, 01:50 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "It would be more likely that d3v shows..."
Heh, I'm not getting anything extra that I don't need to continue playing Halo 2 backward compatible online and Halo 3 when it gets released.

Until the first spectacular RPG comes out at least...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-08-18, 02:04 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Heh, I'm not getting anything extra..."
Oblivion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-18, 03:33 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Heh, I'm not getting anything extra..."
Titusfied said:
Heh, I'm not getting anything extra that I don't need to continue playing Halo 2 backward compatible online and Halo 3 when it gets released.
My thoughts exactly.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord