Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post I'm looking for a good computer.
Posted 2003-11-16, 07:48 PM
I'll probably be getting it a year from now though. What kind should I get?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-16, 07:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
You can custom build a comp with all the stuff you want for a good price from www.pugetsystems.com. They offer athlon and intell processors. I have a bunch of comp sites on a list. What are you looking for in a computer, and i can probably help you find a good site.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-11-16, 07:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Gaming capabilities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-16, 07:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Hmm seeing how i have no life and im bored most the time, ill give ya a huge list 2morrow at around 6 pm cetral time. Which is when i get home from work. If you want any sort of specific processor, tell me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-11-16, 08:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
I'm going to upgrade to a 2.8GHz P4C, Two 256 sticks of Kingston HyperX DDR400, and an Intel D875PBZLK mobo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-11-16, 08:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
I wish i had money to buy me a video card and some ram =(

I can get the games by other means
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-11-17, 09:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Ewww, intel mobooooooooooo!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-11-17, 09:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
For fairly cheap (1200-1400) you can get a pretty leet system(without monitor).

-Mobo of your choice, supports AthelonXP's (depends on the features you want)
-AMD AthelonXP 2700+(or w/e the speed, Athelonxp is super easy to overclock, just go into bios, and increase frequency... baM!)
-512MB DDR (in dual channel, 2x256sticks) or 1024gb (DC2x512) (dual channel if your mobo supports it)
-Radeon 9600XT(Can play everything....)
-Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
-80GB Western Digital SE HD(or w/e size you want)
-DVD-ROM Drive
-52x Burner
-Give yourself like 150 for your case of choice (thermaltake's are leet!)

If you're not gonna get a pc soon, I find making a pc very frustrating... since you make this tight ass pc for not so much money and you can't have it...

Last edited by Eddie_Perez; 2003-11-17 at 09:42 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-11-17, 10:39 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Eddie stop spamming, you've been warned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-17, 02:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Eddie_Perez said:
For fairly cheap (1200-1400) you can get a pretty leet system(without monitor).

-Mobo of your choice, supports AthelonXP's (depends on the features you want)
-AMD AthelonXP 2700+(or w/e the speed, Athelonxp is super easy to overclock, just go into bios, and increase frequency... baM!)
-512MB DDR (in dual channel, 2x256sticks) or 1024gb (DC2x512) (dual channel if your mobo supports it)
-Radeon 9600XT(Can play everything....)
-Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
-80GB Western Digital SE HD(or w/e size you want)
-DVD-ROM Drive
-52x Burner
-Give yourself like 150 for your case of choice (thermaltake's are leet!)

If you're not gonna get a pc soon, I find making a pc very frustrating... since you make this tight ass pc for not so much money and you can't have it...
Don't get an Athlon XP system.. not worth it. Save your $ and go for something better.

Eddie_Perez said:
Ewww, intel mobooooooooooo!
Best P4 mobo for the price.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-11-17, 06:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
DUDE eddie i got like the exact same system without the sound blaster and i got pro for the radeon 9600 and i got a kingston one stick 512 mb 2700 for only 700!!...... lol dude it doesnt take 1200 or 1400, with that money you could get like the best computer out there!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-11-17, 08:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'll probably be getting it a year from now though. What kind should I get?
heh...well...a yr from now a good computer will be different...so i cant say yet...i like dells though...they r reliable
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-17, 08:57 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Depends dude... yeh, I just threw in a price.... and no, with 1200 you cannot get shit....

Can you mention your other components...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-11-17, 08:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
1200? I would be so set if I had 1200. I wouldn't need to upgrade for 2 years at least

Then again I build it myself so it's cheaper
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2003-11-20, 08:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
dude with 1200 you could get LIKE SO AWESOME STUFF OMG YOUR A MORON, you dont know your stuff idiot if i got that computer you said for 700 dollars, just think what you could get with 1200
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-11-21, 12:22 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
What are your exact parts... I'm just curious... and like I SAID! I JUST PUT A PRICE! AND NO, IT CANT GET YOU "AWESOME STUFF" only if you're used to crap... think about it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-11-21, 07:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
ok, you know that computer you posted right? i had basically the exact same thing besides the sound blaster and i had radeon 9600 pro and i got that for 700 dollars ok? take away the pro whichg was like 175 and thats 525, ok? then you can get like one of the best video cards which is like 500 but you can get it someone else probably for even cheaper and then you can get like amd 3200 for the rest of the money and that is still a awesome computer, it depends on what you think awesome computer is thoug too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2003-11-21, 07:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
My new video card can play every game out at the moment, .
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-11-21, 09:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
I would hope so, since its new... what is it btw?

Also...

Athlon XP 2800+ = $144
a7n8x deluxe = $120
512mb pc3200 ddr = $120(cheap ram, could get a stick of hyperx, which I want )
9600xt = $200
WD SE 80GB = $83
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 = $30
Atapi 16x DVD-Rom Drive = $30
Lite On 52x Burner = $40
+ 150 for case... = $150

= 917, which is cheapest (newegg.com) mine cost around 1,000 since I bought locally... then + a good 300-400 for 21inch vis monitor... So how much "leeter" do you think you can get with 300 more dollars? Some more ram? 3200 processor? no... you can't even buy the best of the best video card... so stfu about the leet computer for 1200 buxs...I really dont see how you could buy that for 700 buxs... unless you got shit second hand or a friend's handme down... or a 30 dollar case :S

If you consider this awesome then, thats your opinion, but you will easily require upgrade in less than two years... unless you plan on wearing your game out. (*ahem* starcraft)

Last edited by Eddie_Perez; 2003-11-21 at 12:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-11-21, 04:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "I'm looking for a good computer."
Stuff at newegg.com Item List
HD 80GB|WD 7200RPM WD800BB % (Qty=1,Price=73.00)
FD 1.44MB|PANASONIC JU-256A798P WH (Qty=1,Price=6.99)
MB(motherboard) nF2Ultra400|5P1A4D GA-7N400-L A (Qty=1,Price=85.00)
CDRW ARTEC CDRW52x24x52 WSM-52X RTL (Qty=1,Price=35.99)
DVDROM 16X MSI|D16 MS-8216 Retail (Qty=1,Price=31.00)
Products Ordered:

HAWK- case ordered at colorcase.com
HAWK- Black & Silver: AMD/P4 Ready Case, Front USB Ports, Side full window
included
Quantity : 1
Price : $38.00

Order Details- ordered at gameve.com
1 [CPUTHUNXP2700R]AMD ATHLON XP 2700+ Retail 1 x $134 = $134.00
1 [VC-SA-010]Sapphire RADEON 9600 PRO 128MB 8X AGP RETAIL 1 x $152 = $152.00

and i got a kingston 512mb 2700 ram at bestbuy for 88 dollars with a rebate of 17 which is 71 dollars and i didnt say i had a 3200 and also i got fans and a 450 watt power supply for 25 dollars which all adds up to 677 i think so hmmm... thats even less that 700 and why would you waste money on a sound blaster live 5.1? that sound card SUCKS, you can just use onboard sound you probably couldn't tell the difference unless you had like super ears. Also you need to look for good deals instead of buying everything one place, newegg doesn't ALWAYS have the best stuff, wow i guess i did get this computer for 700 dollars moron

Last edited by iceman887; 2003-11-21 at 05:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887