Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

A Very Real Letter About War... A Must Read For All You Anti-War/America Homos.
Posted 2003-03-19, 06:08 AM
This is an open letter to hollywood, written by Charlie Daniels. Kind of long, but enjoyable to read and goes by fast.

Charlie Daniels said:
Ok, let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children had your way, and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq.

Let's say that you really get your way, and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace.

Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.

Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid, and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world, this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble, would have disbanded its horrible military, and, certainly, all the other countries of the world would follow suit. After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.

Why, you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning. Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rankings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here. Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long-distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby. Freedom of choice, you say?

Well, I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases, it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military, whose boots you're not even worthy to shine. They go to battle and risk their lives, so ingrates like you can live in luxury. The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.

America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her. There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.

What do you think?

God Bless America!
Charlie Daniels
So, what do you think?

I personally, don't think I could've said it better myself. Although he was directing this mainly to the overpaid, overindulging Hollywood pricks that don't support war, I think that it can be conveyed to some of you people in here just as well, but with a few excerpts of differing word choices.

Try to think about others and how it will effect the world as a whole, not just how you think it effects you and your underdeveloped brain capacities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-03-19, 12:01 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
HOORAAAAAAAAAA!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-03-20, 04:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
war only brings death...and the statistics of casualties of wa make september 11th look like a joke. Why dont you explain to me what sadaam has done to america thats so bad...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-20, 06:32 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
As long as there is people, there will be war, so deal with it you pussy little mjordan bitch. Stop crying, and just be glad that the U.N. will be winning our wars for the time being.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-03-20, 06:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Charlie Daniels was on the radio here, their site is www.fm99.com

He basicly said the things that are in that letter, But if anyone knows Charlie Daniels, he sang a song denouncing the Vietnam vets, and I think this is his attempt to make u p for that.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-03-20, 06:38 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
jeezus christ dude...why dont you go read a book or something and try to carry on a mature conversation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-20, 07:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
10/10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-03-20, 08:01 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
mjordan2nd said:
jeezus christ dude...why dont you go read a book or something and try to carry on a mature conversation.
Speaking of mature things aren't you eleven years old?

I think you shoud get your statistics straight.
Casualties of war and people dying while trying to earn money to live the life we live getting killed by the thousands while at work are totally DIFFERENT things.

Casualties of war are people dying while defending a countries rights.

September eleventh was thousands of people living by our freedoms murdered while trying to earn a dollar.

I honestly wish your parents were in those buildings on that day.

Fool, I hope you get S.A.R.S, bitch.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-03-20, 08:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
mjordan2nd said:
war only brings death...and the statistics of casualties of wa make september 11th look like a joke. Why dont you explain to me what sadaam has done to america thats so bad...
I've stated this a few times. They've said it on the news. It's been on the internet.

Saddam is a harborer, trainer, financer, and supporter of terrorism. Osama doesn't do all this shit. One thing Saddam has done to America.. hrm.. He supported Osama in the 9/11 strike. He refused to cooperate in inspections for an extended amount of time. He even refused our offer to leave Iraq within 48 hours after several months of warning, and called us on what he thought was a bluff.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-03-20, 08:45 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
so much evidence out the ass the US has and has shown some to the UN already to convence other countries to step up and help, yet most still wouldnt.. stating " more evidence plz" what u want us to wait for another pearl harbor or sep 11?

we will begin the attks to assure our countries safe as will we free Iraq and as we have others Japan, South Korea, Germany, Afghan soon to be the list goes on.

the government has more evidence im sure and hasnt shown these either for the publics assurence of safety..last thing they want us to know is Saddam may have nukes facing all major cities in US, which could be, so Bush started the war as fast as he could. What the govt. knows and what the people knows are very different

i say u let bush do his job and stop flamming what hes figting for, its all for good reasons. You punch someone in the face, you do it for a reason, CAUSE AND EFFECT!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Evil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Evil-Scott

Posted 2003-03-20, 08:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Good point. There are lots of things that the public doesn't know about. We're damn-near in the dark. Some of us *cough* mjordan *cough* are in the dark. There are more things relevant to the situation that we, the public, know about.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-03-20, 09:43 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Adrenachrome said:
mjordan2nd said:
Speaking of mature things aren't you eleven years old?

I think you shoud get your statistics straight.
Casualties of war and people dying while trying to earn money to live the life we live getting killed by the thousands while at work are totally DIFFERENT things.

Casualties of war are people dying while defending a countries rights.

September eleventh was thousands of people living by our freedoms murdered while trying to earn a dollar.

I honestly wish your parents were in those buildings on that day.

Fool, I hope you get S.A.R.S, bitch.
dont bring my age into this...if u want to use my age as a factor why r u sitting on ur ass arguing with an "immature 11 yr old". Statistics are in desert storm 150,000 CIVILLIANS were killed by stray bullets, bombs and other ammunition, and predictions for this one are anywhere from 2000-50000.

We don't have proof that he supported osama in 9/11, and why the hell should he cooperate with foreign inspections. And a president isn't just going to be banished from his own country b/c some1 else requests him to leave. Yes the govt. has more evidence but it would be more miniscule very fickle and debatable facts otherwise they would have gone public and there would be more public support for the war. I'm not saying bush isn't fighting for the right reason...ridding the world of terrorism would be great, but how he's going about doing it through war and bringing upon more death isn't the way 2 do it imho. And what about terrorism right here in the states...they aren't doing anything to fight people like mcVeigh. As I said before, bush is doing this so he isn't known as the president who did nothing for his country, it's drastic measures, or so i believe. Also, do you actually believe that getting rid of one person will rid the earth of terrorism, or even bring it down a substantial percentage?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-21, 12:46 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Arguing here, talking on the internet, isn't going to do anything. It's just going to be an arguement. If you WANT to do something, then go protest. Go make a sign, and find a place to protest. Otherwise, shut your trap and hope that this conflict which has *already* started, ends quickly and painlessly.

Edit : Oh and if its any counsil, conflict IS part of human beings, but only when you stick different human beings together. When humans are in small groups, there aren't really any conflicts at all, if any. That's something nasa is aiming for - space colonies Small groups, no fighting.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.

Last edited by Tai; 2003-03-21 at 02:52 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-03-21, 04:36 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
We're not arguing. We're debating on a wordly issue. This is what the Conspiracy forum is for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-03-21, 06:18 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
mjordan2nd said:
dont bring my age into this...if u want to use my age as a factor why r u sitting on ur ass arguing with an "immature 11 yr old". Statistics are in desert storm 150,000 CIVILLIANS were killed by stray bullets, bombs and other ammunition, and predictions for this one are anywhere from 2000-50000.

We don't have proof that he supported osama in 9/11, and why the hell should he cooperate with foreign inspections. And a president isn't just going to be banished from his own country b/c some1 else requests him to leave. Yes the govt. has more evidence but it would be more miniscule very fickle and debatable facts otherwise they would have gone public and there would be more public support for the war. I'm not saying bush isn't fighting for the right reason...ridding the world of terrorism would be great, but how he's going about doing it through war and bringing upon more death isn't the way 2 do it imho. And what about terrorism right here in the states...they aren't doing anything to fight people like mcVeigh. As I said before, bush is doing this so he isn't known as the president who did nothing for his country, it's drastic measures, or so i believe. Also, do you actually believe that getting rid of one person will rid the earth of terrorism, or even bring it down a substantial percentage?
50,000 civilian deaths? That's way off base. There are only 200,000 in their military, and most of them are giving up/expected to give up quickly. They soldiers don't want a fight. They want a liberator, which is what we are.

YOU don't have proof that he supported Osama in 9/11. The public knows that he supports his efforts in the middle east. I'm sure there are a few things they know about that they haven't bothered to tell you yet mjord. And no, they are not all "debatable facts" as you put it (btw there is no such thing as a debatable fact). Some of them we need to keep secret so we do not give away an advantage. Many people ridiculed Bush for saying when he was going to attack. If he hadn't, however, we would have lots and lots of people saying that it was without warning. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Consider, for one moment, what would happen if Iraq were to suddenly attack the US, or any country for that matter, without warning as they were expected to do. (And NO, do NOT say that isn't possible. It's the EXACT thing that happened in Pearl Harbor. It happened once, and it can happen again.)

1. Saddam has and is willing to use chemical warfare. As presented here, he tested chemical weaponry on 5000 Iranians just before an Iraqi invasion into Iran in 1980. Those people are gone. http://www.commondreams.org/views02/1214-01.htm

2. If Saddam tested chemical weaponry on 5000 people in 1980, what do you think he is capable of today, 23 years later? Here's an example for reference, in 1980, America had satelites in space that could photograph anywhere on Earth. We could see the make of car you drive to work. Today, in 2003, from a satelite in space, we can see the Eye of a common house fly. We can tell what color your shoelaces are.

3. If you want to be informed on some of our reasons for war, read this article: http://www.palestinechronicle.com/ar...30206070955230

4. For an estimate on Iraq's weapon force, they possibly have "20,000 litres of biological warfare agents," and "6,000 chemical warfare bombs." This information is from, as you advised us to watch, the BBC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/2590265.stm

"1,000 Tons of Chemical Agent Unaccounted For" Here is a general overview of this problem. Most people requested more time for inspections. The Pope agreed. Powel replied, "The threat of force must remain. We cannot wait for one of these terrible weapons to turn up in our cities."

There was time given for inspection. Iraq was not helpful. Their job was to help inspectors to find whatever they were looking for. Did they help? No. If Iraq didn't have these weapons, they would prove it. Do you think that a country would destroy 20,000 liters of a substance without documenting any proof? That's rediculous.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...4/151151.shtml

Do some research. Find out what Iraq is capable of. If there were to attack the US, there would be quite a few more deaths than 50,000. We aim to wipe out the military leaders. We do not want to kill soldiers and will accept all surrenders from them. We are actively trying not to kill civilians. However, what did they attack on 9/11? A building VERY populated with civilians. What's to say they wouldn't simply send in five or six thousand chemical warfare bombs and wipe out the entire east coast of America? Nothing is to say that. They have given no proof of not having the weapons, nor have they shown the weapons to the world. If someone has an acceptable reason of having that many chemical weapons, he would announce it to ease the nerves of the world. SADDAM HAS NOT GIVEN ANY REASON, HE DENIES HE IS IN POSSESSION WITHOUT GIVING PROOF.

The Prime Minister of Britain has stated that the lives protected from this war will outweigh those lost. Yes, it is a horrible connection to have to make, but if you want to compare numbers, let's compare.

2,000 to 50,000 civilians possibly (accidentally) killed in Iraq.
Vs
Oh.. say 140,000,000 civilians possibly (intentionally) killed in America.

Which would you prefer? I'd take my chances in Iraq. Sorry, but other solutions have run out. This is what we are left with.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-03-21, 09:29 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
mjordan2nd said:
Statistics are in desert storm 150,000 CIVILLIANS were killed by stray bullets, bombs and other ammunition, and predictions for this one are anywhere from 2000-50000.
Ummm no, that stat is so far off base it is laughable, the best estimates of the UN put civilian casualties at 13,000 and the Iraqis themselves will only admit to 8,000 or so. Most of the "civilians" killed were Iraqi rapist pillagers and looters who were caught on the highway of death fleeing Kuwait City with everything they could steal tied to their vehicles. Saddams relationship with terrorists is a proven fact, not speculation. The Iraq govt personally pays the families of Palestinian "Martyrs" who murder innocent Israelis on a daily basis.

Get your fucking facts straight and your pollyanna head out of your ass.

The world is a fucked up place and the USA has every right to clean up any dirty little corner that may pose a danger to its citizens and its economic prosperity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-03-21, 02:25 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
bob...i haven't read everything u said yet...ill go through them and get back 2 u. Doofus...i read a few places where it said civilian casualties were 150000+...if ill c if i can find it again...maybe i have incorrect info...i dunno...it's not that i dont support the US...as arachdenome has put it...i just dont support war and i wish there was a simpler way 2 do this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-21, 02:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Stray bullets. You said that right? Why the hell were 150,000 civilians walking around in a war zone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2003-03-21, 06:38 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
Lol. That's probably the funniest thing I've heard today. Anyhow, read all my info mjord. Check the links. I'd like to see what you have to say after getting some information.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:06 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "A Very Real Letter About War... A Must..."
I have to say, mjordan2nd, even though you are young in age, you are smart enough to be my age, and maybe some of the older ages on these forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin