Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post NFL: Week 6!
Posted 2007-10-15, 09:14 AM
Great weekend for football IMO.

I woke up around 11:32 Sunday morning after a long weekend of car maintenance, and going to Daytona Saturday for a few hours, then the hour trip back.

Anyways, woke up 11:32 grabbed a shower, around noonish, told my girlfriend we're going the game. She did the usual, well ugh we need to save money blah blah blah nonsense throught the 10 minute relization that i'm going to the game and if she wants to go she can.

We finally get out the door around 12:15 and get to Jacksonville in about 40 minutes, pulling around through downtown looking for a parking spot before scalping for tickets I get into a deadend, begin backing up and some guy in a BMW pulls up and asks if we've got tickets yet.

So, i'm like "well, not YET.." He then proceeds to tell me he's got some tickets trying to get rid of sicne his wife had to work and bailed, so he didn't feel like staying, he said he'd take $80 for them, so I offer down $60 and get a pretty good damn deal imo.(His tickets we're 50 a peice, 100 total, so I basisically got a buy one get one free deal). The seats we're in section 231 in the middle of the middle, perfect. It was a great day at Jacksonville Municipual Stadium, the crowd was going APESHIT the entire game, we had a whole mini-section of people that I swear we're making a rucuss that could be heard throughout the entire game. The Stadium was full and the weather was exceptional, much cooler than it has been the previous few weeks.

Though, the Jaguars SUCKED the entire first quarter. No matter how hard we tried nothing was seemingly going right, that and the refferres seemed to have gotten some laced marijuana before the game and their calls we're all skewed from the perception of the rest of the stadium filled with people.

Nonetheless, Jaguars turned the game around, and ran away with it, another Dominaiting performance by the Jags, 37-16 win, honestly it should've been 37-9, but they threw a touchdown with 12 seconds left, but you know.

Awesome game, I'm very exicted for next week's monday night showdown against the Colts, honestly, both teams look exceptional, but Monday night in Jacksonville against the Colts who are probably off being off a week, we'll just have to see. The Jaguars have a Tsunami of momentum in their favor, we'll just have to see.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-15, 09:47 AM in reply to D3V's post "NFL: Week 6!"
MJD fantasy points baby. I didn't catch the Jags game but you're right, this MNF game should be a great one. But, you guys are going to have to lose so we can hear the "Colts vs. NE undefeated bullshit" the next couple of weeks. Man, I hate the so-called 'experts.'

I was watching the NE game and... holy shit.... how do you beat them? I think the key is pressuring Brady. He has all the time in the world to throw. You've gotta cut that shit out. Force him out of the pocket, get in his face, sack that pretty-boy every damn chance they get.. I think that's the key to winning. Other than that, NE looks fucking amazing. As much as I hate to say that, it's the truth.

Fuck New England
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-15, 10:30 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "MJD fantasy points baby. I didn't catch..."
Dude, I couldn't agree with you more.

Pressuring Brady REALLY throws him off his game, as well as it does Peyton, which is why you guys had better be ready with your O-Line because our D coordinator is just crazy enough to throw 11 guys your way if shit is going to throw you off. I mean shit, we had an onside kick this week in the second quarter, pretty awesome shit, in the stands as soon as I seen him line up for the kick I knew something was going on, he kicked it and ran about 11 yards and fell on the ball, amazing shit to see in person, so funny.

New England is a good team, but they are excellent at adjusting their game to what they are facing each specific week, which is where I feel the Jaguars are coming from as well, the past 2 years we've had to make key adjustments, and just recently they've been clicking on all cylinders.

These experts are nothing more than washedup ex-NFL players on second string squads that love displaying their opinionated comments on nationally televised sports programs.

When it comes down to it, any team is beatable, it's really who makes the least mistakes, and executes the most efficiently.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-15, 11:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Dude, I couldn't agree with you more. ..."
I was surprised with the NE vs. Cowboys game actually. NE started out STRONG as shit, jumping out to a quick lead. Then the Cowboys came back, and actually took the lead after halftime. But just when you thought everything was starting to tell the story of a vulnerable Patriots team, BOOM!!! They just explode, and the end result didn't show a game that was actually really close. 48-27, unbelievable.

MJD is definitely no joke, and I can't believe I was able to pick him up from Free Agency in our league! The Jags started out slow, but put together quite the nice performance in the end.

The Eagles are just blah. They looked pretty good at times, but they couldn't close the deal. I guess it didn't help that Akers missed 2 FGs... That stadium is pretty ridiculous..... The Jets are a crummy team, quite honestly, although they aren't as bad as their record shows. That 1-5 record (I think?) is because they have a HARD schedule. I mean, when you have to play the NFC East (Very competitive division, probably the best in the NFC by far), the Patriots twice, and any AFC team for that matter, that a rough schedule...... Haha!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-10-15, 11:32 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I was surprised with the NE vs. Cowboys..."
Titusfied said:
MJD is definitely no joke, and I can't believe I was able to pick him up from Free Agency in our league!
Yeah... I dropped him after his first 2 games where he didn't do jack shit. Now look at him!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-15, 11:33 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I was surprised with the NE vs. Cowboys..."
Yes, MDJ definately is no joke, even Freddy T busted a HUGE run the second play on offense, for like 79 yards or something ridiculous, half the fans weren't paying attentiong and i'm jumping and screaming and then the rest finally chime in, pretty funny actually.

Greg Jones as well has been pretty good around the goal line, he had a run yesterday from about the 15yd line and busted TWO of their linebackers not sure on the names, plowing for about 12 yards, it was pheonomenal.

Even better is we held them to 60 yards rushing, which will bring our average well under 100 per game for the season.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-15, 12:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, MDJ definately is no joke, even..."
The best is me giving up Larry J because he had 3.2 years/carry and no tds to only see him run for 133 yards and a TD yesterday.

The giants are going to be sick tonight
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-15, 12:49 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The best is me giving up Larry J..."
Ah yeah, and i've got Devin Hester on the bench, lmao.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-15, 02:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah yeah, and i've got Devin Hester on..."
This is the only week I played Devin Hester and thank GOD did I pick a good week.

Gruesome, that was stupid lol. He's Larry Johnson, after all, he's bound to have a couple of breakout games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-15, 03:01 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "This is the only week I played Devin..."
5 weeks in and he had only 15 points for me. My backups had more plus todd heap was stinking it up so i assummed i could get dallas clark for him. I think it was a good move, because now im pretty decent in every area
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-16, 10:38 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "5 weeks in and he had only 15 points..."
And now I'm set in every area as well. I wasn't updating my roster on a consistent basis and was playing Kellen Winslow over Dallas Clark the ENTIRE year so far, so I was fine with making the trade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied