Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

NFL - Week 5
Posted 2007-10-08, 11:14 AM
So, after 5 weeks of NFL football, how's your team stacking up to the rest? As expected, the Colts are 5-0 for the third straight season. They're only the 4th team in history to pull that amazing feat off. If we end up going 9-0 that HAS to be a record. I don't think ANY team in NFL history has went 9-0 in 3 straight seasons.

Yes yes D3V, I'm sure you think the Colts are going to get their first loss after our by week when we face your Jags. Not gonna happen. We're on a roll right now. EVERYBODY is contributing. Hell, our backup RB ran for 121 yards and 2 TDs this week. I'm tellin you: Nov. 4th is the game of the year. I have a feeling both the Colts and the Pats are going to be undefeated heading into that game. Can't fuckin wait.

Other big stories out of week 5:
-Anybody see that hit Trent Green took to his dome? I bet that's a career ender. That's 2 concussions in 2 seasons. He's most likely done.

-Bears upset the Packers last night. They still suck.

-Larry Johnson is a fuckin bust this year. Dude isn't doing anything. Kinda pissed he's on like 2 of my fantasy leagues.

Let's talk football!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-08, 03:37 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "NFL - Week 5"
I can't believe Seattle couldn't score on us yesterday. That's just absurd. Especially considering the number of starters we had out due to injuries. Sad, sad Seattle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-10-08, 05:51 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "NFL - Week 5"
Watched the first half of the Colts game. It was alright.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-08, 06:21 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "NFL - Week 5"
The Colts are doing much better on the defensive side of the ball this year, and that is the key to their success right now. I mean, when Joseph Addai and Marvelous Marvin Harrison are out for the week and you still smoke a team, you are just playing amazingly.

Still though, as good as your team looks, no team looks better than the Patriots. Tom Brady is looking like a God right now, with 3 TD passes in every game this season, and the team putting up a measily 38 points on average (Not sure exactly what the average is, but that has to be close...).

Also, as much as I hate to say it, the two hottest teams are probably Dallas and New England, THEN the Colts. They aren't far behind, but Dallas and the Patriots, as long as Dallas has another blow out tonight, are shaping up to be one awesome game next week when they meet!

Lots of good stuff this year, but lots of bad too. Way too many superstar injuries, but at least there are break out performers and others filling in the voids. Fantasy has been an obvious struggle for most teams this year. It's the teams that prior to starting the season didn't think they drafted too well, just solid players, that are doing the best.

Injuries are certainly kicking my ass! I have a 0-5 team and a 4-1 team. My0-5 team was projected by every team IN THE LEAGUE before the season started to win outright, with 2nd place a far distance behind. And my 4-1 team was just mediocre at best. Boy oh boy, how the tides have changed.

Like the old saying goes though, "Any given Sunday."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-10-08, 07:09 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The Colts are doing much better on the..."
All i know is that my Giants are 3-2 and im happy about that. They are actually playing football

Colts are good, but the Pats are the team to beat. Brady and Moss are unstoppable.

LJ sucks this year. I wish i drafted somebody else in our league.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-09, 07:40 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The Colts are doing much better on the..."
I honestly don't believe the Patriots are playing better than the Colts this year. Just look at the teams the Patriots have played versus teams Colts have played:

NE
Jets 1-4
Bills 1-4
SD 2-3
Bengals 1-3
Browns 2-3

Those are some pretty shitty teams. Of course the Patriots are going to stomp them.

Compare that to the Colts:

NO 0-4 (well okay, that's our only one)
Titans 3-1
Houston 3-2
Denver 2-3
Tampa Bay 3-2

NE's opponents are 7-17 while ours are 11-12, with NO heavily influencing that because they're horrible this year.

All I'm saying is, I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Patriots possibly going 16-0. We're 5 games into the season.. why are you talking about an undefeated season when the teams they've played so far are horrible? But that's okay, keep the Colts under the radar. We like it like that.

Nov. 4th: game of the year, people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I honestly don't believe the Patriots..."
Well, let's see.

This past week. We held Larry Johnson to 12 yards, and the KC Chiefs to 12 yards rushing total, their lowest in Franchise history, as well as Jacksonville's best in Franchise history.

David Garrard has CONTINUED to step up and play phenomenal, No interceptions, and the 5th rated overall passer. The passing Defnese has been playing great as well.. but the biggest story has got to be our Offense. MoJo showed up this game with a 58yd scamper weaving and busting ankles of the KC secondary, as our Offense had another 18 play drive in the first quarter, DOMINAITING their defense. As well as Time of posession we dominated the game again, the Jaguars are looking very impressive, and are still way under the rader. I hope the Colts can prepare for week 7, it's going to be a an awesome game on both sides.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, let's see. This past week...."
I don't watch or care for football, but Thanatos' argument seems pretty strong. The numbers show that the Colts are better than the Patriots. They've beaten harder opponents. It's hard to argue with that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't watch or care for football, but..."
Well the Colts have to have the toughest schedule, they are superbowl champs remember
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:43 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well the Colts have to have the..."
Well then why does everybody think the Patriots are better than the Colts if the Colts have the toughest schedule and they're still 5-0?

Look at the divisions they're in:

AFC EAST
NE 5-0
Bills 1-4
Jets 1-4
Dolphins 0-5

AFC SOUTH
Colts 5-0
Titans 3-1
Jaguars 3-1
Texans 3-2

That doesn't even seem comparable. The Colts are in the toughest division in football -- every single team has a winning record. Just thought I'd point that out!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:43 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well the Colts have to have the..."
And they are showing it, apparently. That's kinda my point.

Anyway, I don't belong in here, I don't like or watch football.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 10:11 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well then why does everybody think the..."
Thanatos said:
Well then why does everybody think the Patriots are better than the Colts if the Colts have the toughest schedule and they're still 5-0?

Look at the divisions they're in:

AFC EAST
NE 5-0
Bills 1-4
Jets 1-4
Dolphins 0-5

AFC SOUTH
Colts 5-0
Titans 3-1
Jaguars 3-1
Texans 3-2

That doesn't even seem comparable. The Colts are in the toughest division in football -- every single team has a winning record. Just thought I'd point that out!
AFC South = best division in the League. You guys haven't even played the Jaguars yet, don't claim that undefeated tag for TOO long.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 10:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "AFC South = best division in the..."
No but if we beat you guys after our bye week we'll be 3-0 in division play. Uh-oh!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 10:53 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No but if we beat you guys after our..."
The train is a'comin

That may be true, but we just clinched our tie-breaker with KC and Denver, so if anything down the season happens like it did last year we'll have our wild-card spot nicely secured.

None-the-less, we're still not out of our division spot, that first game against Tennessee was a hoax, we played like garbage. We've dramatically turned things around and are playing at a much higher level, you'll see in time.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The train is a'comin That may be..."
to bad you guys wont have to play my giants, they are steam rolling right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:26 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "to bad you guys wont have to play my..."
Rofl.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Rofl. :rofl:"
actually i think my giants could take your jags, maybe not the colts

our defence has been solid the past 3 weeks and our offense hasnt done anything that could really hurt us. Plus, Eli's arm is getting better, Jacobs and Ward are a good 2 man running game and Toomer, Burress and Shocey are solid receivers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:29 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "actually i think my giants could take..."
We have like the 8th ranked pass defense and somewhere along the lines of 6-7th (now with that 242yd game week 1) so basically your defense has to stop our offense, and I hardly could see that happening.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 12:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "We have like the 8th ranked pass..."
I caught the 3rd and 4th quarters of that game last night (Cowboys vs. Bills). Real nice, great comeback last second style. Seen that Romo had like 5,6 interceptions and a lost fumble, and Dallas somehow still found a way to win. I feel sorry for any Bills fans out there....
C.R.E.A.M
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lost-Soul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLost-Soul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Lost-Soul

Posted 2007-10-09, 12:20 PM in reply to Lost-Soul's post starting "I caught the 3rd and 4th quarters of..."
Let's see some notes about the Jaguars.
(courtesy Jaguars.com)

JAGUARS HOLD CHIEFS TO FEWEST RUSHING YARDS IN HISTORY:
The Jaguars held the Chiefs to 10 rushing yards, the fewest by an opponent in team history. In addition, the Chiefs had only 10 rushing attempts, the fewest by a Jaguars opponent in team history. It was the fewest rushing yards by the Chiefs since 1965 and the second-fewest in team history.

DOMINATING DEFENSE:
The Jaguars rank second in the NFL in 2007 by allowing only 10.3 points per game through the first four games. The Jaguars are the only team in the NFL to hold their opponents to 14 points or less in every game this season.

JAGUARS ALLOW FEWEST POINTS IN TEAM HISTORY AFTER FOUR GAMES:
The Jaguars have allowed only 41 points through four games, the fewest in team history after four games. The previous low was 46 points in 1999.

GARRARD MAKES HISTORY:
Quarterback David Garrard became the first quarterback in franchise history to not throw an interception in the first four games

Opponents have scored only three points against the Jaguars in the first quarter through four games

Not too bad, we have some ridiculous fans here that don't appreciate what a great team we have.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V