Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Is this Bullshit???
Posted 2006-09-01, 09:54 AM
www.wenmart.com

I am doing an auction and the buyer wants to use this escrow site. It looks okay but it doesnt even come up in google. Anyone ever heard of them? Its an expensive item I am selling and I dont want to get burned.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2006-09-01, 11:39 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is this Bullshit???"
If no-ones heard of it, then it'll probably be best not to use it.

You ought to have put a "PayPal only" warning at the start of the auction, maybe - at least you know then that you're protected against fraud to some degree.

Can I ask which auction site you're using?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-01, 11:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If no-ones heard of it, then it'll..."
I took a look at the site, and I couldnt find a phone number anywhere to call them, even though in the Contact Us section it says our phone lines are open 24/7. If you ask me, that site looks like one of those default templates in a website maker, where you just enter your own text and change the pictures. And if you look at the logo for Wenmart, it looks pretty crappy.
My opinion DONT TRUST THEM
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-09-01, 12:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If no-ones heard of it, then it'll..."
Don't trust paypal either.

www.paypalsucks.com

The stuff on that site actually happens. I've had multiple friends and my family suffer because paypal is just a big embezzling and scam operation.

Now, when you sign up using a bank account, they ask for your online bank login and password, and the Terms of Service says you give them power of attorney to use your money on any third party site.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2006-09-01 at 12:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-09-01, 12:17 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Don't trust paypal either. ..."
So what does one use, oh venerable... one?

You don't want to use that Wencart, you don't like PayPal, cheques can bounce, and cash in hand, well, you can get mugged, beaten up, and have your car stolen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-01, 12:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So what does one use, oh venerable......"
Money orders work best.

Paypal took 4 days to do an "e-check". I could have mailed a money order in 3 days and felt more secure about it, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-09-01, 12:44 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Money orders work best. Paypal took..."
Sent money in the post? Actual cold, hard, cash?

I'd be worried that someone would intercept it and nick off with it. It happened to one of my birthday presents once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-01, 12:49 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sent money in the post? Actual cold,..."
It happend to me too, I sent about 200 dollars to my mom from basic training and it never arrived.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-09-02, 02:42 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "It happend to me too, I sent about 200..."
You arn't supposed to send cash. I read the postal workers can tell if there is cash in it when they screen it, and they take them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-09-02, 03:56 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sent money in the post? Actual cold,..."
Lenny said:
Sent money in the post? Actual cold, hard, cash?

I'd be worried that someone would intercept it and nick off with it. It happened to one of my birthday presents once.
A money order. Not cash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-09-02, 04:20 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "A money order. Not cash."
But I don't know what a money order is!

Is it like a cheque? Or a traveller's cheque or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-02, 04:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "But I don't know what a money order is!..."
money order

n : a written order for the payment of a sum to a named individual; obtainable and payable at a post office

Basically you take $300 to the post office, turn it into a money order, they charge a nominal fee, and you mail it to someone. That person exchanges it for $300 at a post office (or bank that accepts them). Since only the name you sent it to can cash it, it is similar to a cheque.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-09-02, 04:30 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "money order n : a written order for..."
Ah! I getcha!

It's like the Templars form of 'banking' in the times of the Crusades - people paid their gold into one Templars 'Bank', and were given a written receipt. They could then cash that receipt in any Templars 'Bank' and get that amount of money out. Saved them from travelling bandit-ridden roads with coaches full of gold.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-02, 08:27 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is this Bullshit???"
I'd say insist on escrow.com if he really wants that service. Other than that, walk away.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-09-03, 02:07 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Don't trust paypal either. ..."
Ive gotten over 2k in possesions via ebay and paypal free. It's ridiculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-09-03, 06:05 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ive gotten over 2k in possesions via..."
Wonder what Kaos is at. ;-\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign