Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Rush videos / longer videos
Posted 2005-05-14, 11:05 AM
Could anyone point me to some videos of people employing a good Zerg rush, and/or a good Protoss rush, preferrably 1v1 (doesn't need to be zerg vs protoss, just one or the other)? Also, could someone point me to Zerg or Protoss games where the game is a little longer? I would like to learn how more advanced players play, so I could employ such strategies as well.

Also, since I'm just returning to SC after a 5-year hiatus, does everyone use map hack now days? Basically, would I be at a significant disadvantage without using it? Also, is there any way to detect whether or not someone is using map hack? Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-05-15, 04:34 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Rush videos / longer videos"
Maphack is a very korena thing to do. It'll take the fun/suprise out of the game. Usually the little chinese 13 year olds use it when they see a challenge.

Try a few games w/o it. I used to find it very satifying when i killed some MH faggot cause he sucked so bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-15, 09:09 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Maphack is a very korena thing to do. ..."
Sovereign said:
Maphack is a very korena thing to do. It'll take the fun/suprise out of the game. Usually the little chinese 13 year olds use it when they see a challenge.

Try a few games w/o it. I used to find it very satifying when i killed some MH faggot cause he sucked so bad.
Actually, I'd rather not use it, as it takes away a huge dimension of the game, imo (Scouting), but I'd like to know if there's a way to detect for it, and if I'd be at a significant disadvantage by not using it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-05-16, 06:09 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Actually, I'd rather not use it, as it..."
Im sure there is a maphack detect. Wether it works or not, I dunno. I'd say atleast 50% of the people that play use MH. Hells ya you'd be at a significant disadvantage. Think about it, they can see everything your doing all the time. They know about hidden defenses, your offensive strategy before you attack, basically everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-16, 05:34 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Actually, I'd rather not use it, as it..."
Blizzard has seemingly given on on Sc.

It more then likely IS detectable. If the other person uses it it does put you at a rather large disadvantage. You cant sneak up on people. You cant really expand without them killing your base before it is even finished. you cant really spread your troops out to exp's bcause if you do he'll see it and your main base will get ransacked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-17, 06:55 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Blizzard has seemingly given on on Sc...."
Playing against elite players its useless but seeing as how he hasnt played in 5 years I dont think hes going to be up there w/ the 1000-20-50 record guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-23, 08:18 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Playing against elite players its..."
Say hello to http://www.pgtour.net/

You have to use their client to play, no map hacks get through... I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2005-05-26, 10:53 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Maphack is a very korena thing to do. ..."
Sovereign said:

Coming from somebody that uses hacks on d2. Stfu

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-27, 12:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Coming from somebody that uses hacks on..."
This is Starcraft, not d2. Compare two unrelated things more plz.

STfu k newb?

Last edited by Sovereign; 2005-05-27 at 07:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-27, 02:18 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is Starcraft, not d2. Compare two..."
DT rush gogo +)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-05-27, 02:29 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "DT rush gogo +)"
MJ! /w GiveMeDrugs when you're on. Ill get on BW and we can prac a little.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign