Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2006-03-09, 05:05 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Thanks Bob. I've been busy lately,..."
How you color good.

Done with traditional media or digitally? If digital with what package and what kind of brush configuration for the mountains?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2006-03-09, 04:15 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "How you color good. Done with..."
New page!

Thanks Randuin. The landscape was painted in Photoshop, with the "Airbrush Pen Opacity Flow" (19 px brush by default), and a few finishing touches added with the "Mesh - Large" brush in the Faux Finish Brushes package, both come with PSCS2, although I remember the Airbrush Pen dating back to PS7 at the very least.

Some spams:

(Yeah, this is what happens to my handwriting when I'm more concerned with other things, glaring into the wall (at objects) in this case.)

(All-day pose, if you're wondering):

A couple of poses from imagination:

I found a couple of older scans, a bit over a week ago or so, some master copies.

Rembrandt copy:

Original (after someone scanned it, anyway):

Proud-Hon Study:

Edit: Weird, the satsuma looks like a bright-red apple with my Flatron L1715S screen set to "Movie" mode, while it looks more naturally orange in the default mode. I guess I should be comparing colors on more monitors to see what most people will experiencing my color choices as. (As if I really care )
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2006-03-09 at 04:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-03-09, 05:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "New page! Thanks Randuin. The..."
Orange for Lenny.

So is the bananana...

I like the Eyes on the copy. Gives it a good sense of realism.

And you know what? I'd imganined your writing to be all curly. It slants like it might be left-handed...but I don't think you are.

Although, you're very creative...a good sign of Leftiness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-15, 06:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Orange for Lenny. So is the..."
I'm right-handed, and not familiar with how your handwriting is "supposed" to slant depending on whether you're right- or left handed. Isn't the right half of the brain responsible for creativity?

Matte painting (painted on top of a photograph):

Original photograph:

Some studies/sketches:

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-03-15, 07:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I'm right-handed, and not familiar with..."
I love the matta painting. Impressive.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-03-16, 10:00 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I love the matta painting. Impressive."
I agree, the Matte Painting is truly amazing!

And yeah, the Right-side of the brain is responsible for creativity, which is why you find a lot of the more creative people are left-handed -- left-handers are connected to the right side of the brain, and right-handers are connected to the left side.

According to a couple of studies, a persons writing does slant in a direction depending on the hand they write with. Usually lefties would slant slightly towards the right, because of the way we write (especially those who right with the crab-claw method). It'll be interesting to see how Bob writes, he's a leftie too, I think.

But that's all beside the point. The Matte Painting is great. Good job Chruser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-28, 02:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I agree, the Matte Painting is truly..."
Thanks guys, I'll need to paint more of those later, they're a really good way to learn more about perspective, lighting and composition.

Big batch this time (kind of), been busy lately. Oblivion managed to hog the weekend too, ouch. Good thing my computer sucks so I can't really enjoy the graphics though.

Mostly stuff from imagination this time around, some stuff from life too, and 2-3 characters with reference as help:

Two unfinished PS sketches:

More!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2006-10-29, 08:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Thanks guys, I'll need to paint more of..."
Puh-bah.

Last edited by Chruser; 2006-11-02 at 02:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2006-10-30, 03:01 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Puh-bah. ..."
I like the one with the robot. Reminds me of Dali paintings, kinda.

The different colours for shade is very interesting. It's impressionisty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-14, 03:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I like the one with the robot. Reminds..."
I had no Idea Chruser was into art.

Hehe... I hope to be as good as you someday.

Still got 4 years of highschool to go, then onto Art school with me!

By the way, do you use a tablet? I'm getting a summer job to pay for one.

I'll try and do something and post it.

Yay for a one minute photoshop blowup.
Attached Images
File Type: png uh.png (102.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-11-14 at 03:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-14, 03:41 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I had no Idea Chruser was into art. ..."
He is indeedy. So into it that he's doing Art at college.

I think that some, if not most of his work are things that he's painted or drawn and then scanned in and uploaded.

Though you will find quite a bit that he's done on graphics programs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-14, 05:41 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He is indeedy. So into it that he's..."
Hmm. A major area I need to work on is profile.

Here's a mousedraft.
Attached Images
File Type: png profile.png (5.3 KB, 6 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-12-28, 03:47 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Hmm. A major area I need to work on is..."
I liked this thread, time to revive!

A character I've been playing around with, not fully finished...

I did this for some one on RMXP.org

This was a gift for the RMXP.org secret santa

---------------------------

And I got my tablet today!

I can't wait to try some good old oekaki in it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-01-22, 11:51 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I liked this thread, time to revive! ..."
OH YEAH, TABLET MAN! Great to have more posters here. Sorry for not checking this thread in ages, I've been busy.

Digital stuff:

Sargent master copies:

Traditional:

Last edited by Chruser; 2007-01-22 at 11:57 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2007-01-22, 01:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "OH YEAH, TABLET MAN! Great to have more..."
Spengbaab~
Attached Images
File Type: gif spengbab 1.gif (24.2 KB, 7 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-30, 06:08 PM in reply to Dubby's post starting "Spengbaab~"
I should be finishing a few contest entries soon. One's in pencil and another is digital. I'm also doing around 7 others... I'll try and finish soon. Those look great Chruser. You're like... My father figure now. XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-09, 07:36 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I should be finishing a few contest..."

I've been lazy. Been spriting alot as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-10, 11:29 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/At..."
Wow. Nice sprites!

Are those done with your graphics tablet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-11, 11:44 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wow. Nice sprites! Are those done..."
The sprites with my mouse, everything else with my tablet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-29, 09:52 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "The sprites with my mouse, everything..."
Hey guysngals, iIt's been a while.

Last edited by Chruser; 2007-03-29 at 10:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser