Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Grin My first Computer that I built
Posted 2003-06-12, 11:56 PM
I have just completed my first computer that I have been building for the past 6-8 months now. here isa list of what I have in it right now.

a NEC Fe700+BK (moniter).
a geforce fx 5200 128 mb.
a 1800+ AMD CPU.
a matasonic motherboard.
512 DDR400.
a 52X cd-rom drive.
a 52X24X52 CD-RW drive.
a floppy drive.
400 watt power supply.
a ATX black case with window.
a modem.

I am planning to change all of the guts of my computer sometime this summer. A list of what i plan on getting.

a Gigabyte 7VAX motherboard.
a 2600+ to a 2800+ AMD Barton core CPU.
more memory so i have about 1536mb ram to 2048 mb ram.
I think that is going to be all that I am going to add this summer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 12:06 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Sweet Comp and welcome to Zelaron.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-13, 12:09 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
thanks I hope that it is going to be. i just need to get some money, games, and get XP actvated. (I hate microsoft but it works.) does anyone know where to get cheap OS's?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 05:49 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Not a bad comp. Welcome!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on over to my house and we'll work on our math skills!! We'll add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, & multiply!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To see my art go to http://vivalaraza2k3.deviantart.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Satoshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSatoshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Satoshi

Posted 2003-06-13, 07:15 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Are those new geforces any good compared to ATI Radeon'z?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-13, 07:22 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Nah ATI is better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:43 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I didn't ask which is better. I asked if they could compare. I have a friend not willing to pay the extra 200 sum odd bucks to get an ATI, but I've not seen any of the new GeForces in action...
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:49 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Uh, the new geforce fx's are like .093831351% better than the new radeon 9800, except for the fact that the geforce takes up your agp slot the nearby pci slot, and its hella loud. Not worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:54 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Sux, shouldve gotten an nForce2 mobo...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:58 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I would build my own puter if I wasnt such a pussy, I'm too scared to fuck something up... especially something that costs 200$+. But anyways, I pretty much know how to set up everything except for some of the powersupply to motherboard hookups and some shit... Pretty much all the connections
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-13, 09:21 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Motherboard comes with a manual that'll tell ya if you don't know.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-13, 09:24 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Hmmm... that would make things easier... and I imagine there are tons of books that are "Build your own PC for dummies."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-13, 09:51 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I really do not know how the ATI or the FX's are going to compare to one another justbecause I have not had a ATI Video card yet so there in lies a problem. Plus Nvidia I would say is cheaper then what most of what ATI's stuff is. Plus I got the V-Card for only 130-140 dollars so it was cheap. also I really have not got to go on it really because of microsoft's gay XP actviation cr^p.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 11:01 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Is my NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400 128 mb graphics card any good nowadays ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-14, 06:55 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
That's what I use, BB. It's fine for me on the gamez i play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:30 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
not a bad card there badboy I thinkthat it should glide in and out of games really well. Mabey you should have saved a little more and got the Geforce 4 Ti 4600?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:40 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Medieval Bob said:
Are those new geforces any good compared to ATI Radeon'z?
I've just read on big swedish computer magazine, they compared the newest ATI card and Geforce card. Geforce got only 4 of 10 while ATI got 9 of 10.

Eddie_Perez said:
Uh, the new geforce fx's are like .093831351% better than the new radeon 9800, except for the fact that the geforce takes up your agp slot the nearby pci slot, and its hella loud. Not worth it.
No your wrong. Geforce is defintly not better than ATI.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:42 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
They are in some things...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:43 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Yeah... some things. Generaly ATI is better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee