Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Recent books read?
Posted 2008-03-27, 09:35 PM
In the past few months I have read several books, some for entertainment, some for education. Just wondering what yous guys are reading if anything.

God Is Not Great - Christopher Hitchens

Meet The Next President - Bill Sammon

Liberal Fascism - Jonah GoldBerg

Oval Office Oddities - Bill Fawcett

The FairTax Book
FairTax The Truth: Answering the Critics - Congressman John Linder & Neal Boortz

Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder - Micheal Savage

The Terrible Truth About Liberals - Boortz

Somebodys Gotta Say It - Boortz

Time Life Book Of Religion

And

U.S. Presidents Facts Book - Random House Reference

You?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-27, 09:54 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Recent books read?"
All manga No real books.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-27, 10:11 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I'm really worried by your choice of..."
The last (not school related) book I finished was Why I am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russel. I am currently read What Liberal Media?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-27, 10:27 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "The last (not school related) book I..."
Well aren’t we the critical one.

I’m reading Bodies of Evidence a deeper look into the field of forensic science.
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2008-03-27, 10:33 PM in reply to sheerx's post starting "Well aren’t we the critical one. I’m..."
Anal For Dummies
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-03-28, 07:17 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Recent books read?"
A shit-load of Fantasy. Since January:

Robin Hobb - Assassin's Apprentice
Robin Hobb - Royal Assassin
Robin Hobb - Assassin's Quest
Robin Hobb - Ship of Magic
Robin Hobb - The Mad Ship
Robin Hobb - Ship of Destiny
Robin Hobb - Fool's Errand
Robin Hobb - The Golden Fool
Robin Hobb - Fool's Fate
Robin Hobb - Shaman's Crossing
Robin Hobb - Forest Mage
Robin Hobb - Renegade's Magic

Terry Pratchett - Making Money

Jennifer Fallon - Lion of Senet
Jennifer Fallon - Eye of the Labyrinth
Jennifer Fallon - Lord of Shadows
Jennifer Fallon - Medalon
Jennifer Fallon - Treason Keep
Jennifer Fallon - Harshini

Walter Moers - Rumo and his Miraculous Adventures
Walter Moers - The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear
Walter Moers - The City of Dreaming Books

Steven Erikson - Gardens of the Moon
Steven Erikson - Deadhouse Gates
Steven Erikson - Memories of Ice

I'm in the process of reading House of Chains by Steven Erikson, and I've got another three Erikson books to read after it, with the eighth in the series coming out in the Summer.

I also flicked through a multitude of History textbooks for my Personal Study, but I'm not putting them down because I didn't really read them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-28, 07:27 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Recent books read?"
Just finished The Nightcrawler by Thomas Tessier. Probably one of the most fucked up books I've read. Extremely graphic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:04 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Just finished The Nightcrawler by..."
I'm protesting reading, and concluding on my study that not reading anything extra-cirrucular than the ordinary really does slow down your intelligence and dumbs you down to the point where you seem like you are uncomprehensive.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:57 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm protesting reading, and concluding..."
Finished reading The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K. Dick. I was rather disappointed by the ending, and the rest of the plot for that matter. The setting was fantastic, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-03-28, 02:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm protesting reading, and concluding..."
D3V said:
I'm protesting reading, and concluding on my study that not reading anything extra-cirrucular than the ordinary really does slow down your intelligence and dumbs you down to the point where you seem like you are uncomprehensive.
You mean incomprehensible?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-29, 02:41 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You mean incomprehensible?"
Haha.

What does it all mean? by Thomas Nagel. I hardly find any time to read books these days, which is a nuisance.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-04-06, 03:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Haha. What does it all mean? by..."
I've only read stuff for school

Great Expectations
Romeo and Juliet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-06, 03:29 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I've only read stuff for school ..."
Just started reading Dan Brown - Demons and Angels
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-06, 05:37 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Just started reading Dan Brown - Demons..."
I have been really interested in Chinese culture for the past few months and have read two books that have been pretty popular there. The first is called Rainbow, by Mao Dun and the other is called Chronicle of a Blood Merchant, by Yu Hua. Both show Chinese culture during the Revolution of 1911 and the Cultural Revolution that China went through when Mao was Chairman. The reading level is not that high up because of translation issues, but still very decent books.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-06, 06:02 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I have been really interested in..."
A Man Without a Country(nonfiction) - Kurt Vonnegut.

Excellent so far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-06, 07:07 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "A Man Without a Country(nonfiction) -..."
Vault Dweller said:
A Man Without a Country(nonfiction) - Kurt Vonnegut.

Excellent so far.
One of my favorite non-fictions.

Just started reading Why Darwin Matters by Michael Shermer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-07, 07:43 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Just started reading Dan Brown - Demons..."
Thanatos said:
Just started reading Dan Brown - Demons and Angels
Gay. So gay. God dammit, so fucking gay.

I hate Dan Brown, and that book in particular can suck my testicle juices through a straw.

I haven't read much of anything lately. The last bunch of stuff I read was a Lovecraft collection, Cell by Stephen King and a second reading of A Scanner Darkly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2008-04-07, 08:05 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Gay. So gay. God dammit, so fucking..."
Deception Point and Digital Fortress
both by dan brown and were in my opinion SO MUCH BETTER than his other 2 books. seriously incredible stuff here.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-04-07, 09:57 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "Deception Point and Digital Fortress..."
Strawberry Panic light novel.

An actual word book
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-04-08, 07:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Gay. So gay. God dammit, so fucking..."
Mind telling me what you didn't like about it while not giving anything away?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos