Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming > Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Deus Ex's Spectacularness
Posted 2002-01-16, 04:11 PM
Wow, I was reading an article this morning about old games that are worth buying if you have a low-end PC. It mentioned System Shock 2, and how Deus Ex got some good ideas from it and it got me thinking about just how god damned good Deus Ex was/is. It still ranks up there among the list of all time favorites, and I eagerly await the release of DX2. I've recently gotten the urge to play through it again for the 5th time, an urge that comes back to me every 3-6 months.
This is an "Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
cytheR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencytheR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

cytheR

Posted 2002-01-23, 02:19 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
So, which path do you usually take?

There are many paths in life, but only two destinations
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-05-19, 06:10 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
what are those destinations wet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-20, 08:14 AM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Heaven and hell, of course.

Is it really neccessary to dig up a thread older than yourself?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-05-20, 08:54 AM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
perhaps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-25, 08:58 AM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Let me correct randuin, he meant to say no and he's sorry

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-05-25, 11:28 AM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
EX-Mania said:
Let me correct randuin, he meant to say no and he's sorry
Rofl

But I cant find this damn game anywhere.............

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-05-25, 12:00 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
you could just stop trying to pirate it and buy it for like $5.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-05-25, 12:24 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Moved
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-05-25, 12:31 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
ask_rabber said:
I can't find it in a store*

Ass.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-05-25, 12:53 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Do you have to pay to play online?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-05-27, 08:59 AM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Adrenachrome said:
ask_rabber said:
I can't find it in a store*

Ass.
Have you tried EB games? There's always at least one in the preowneds at the ones that I've gone to. Heck, the one I go to most often has an unopened game of the year edition. I really can't see how it could be hard to find DX unless you're looking at someplace like Best Buy that doesn't carry games older than a year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2003-05-27, 08:52 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Knight-Rider said:
Do you have to pay to play online?
Nope, but the game was really designed with SP in mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-06-07, 01:08 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
What storm said. In the original version, you didn't even have the Multiplayer function until you patched it. The single player game is so good though that it wasn't even a needed download.

Anyways, now I have to play this game again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-07, 01:34 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!

Unfortunately, Deus Ex only has one real route, I went with "shoot Anna" and first with Helios, because, well, I was damn curious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-06-07, 01:44 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
#1. What kind of game is this?
#2. How old is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-07, 06:43 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
1. First Person Shooter w/ RPG Elements

2. Released in 1999
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-07, 07:24 PM in reply to cytheR's post "Deus Ex's Spectacularness"
Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!