Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Positives about Guild Wars
Posted 2006-05-17, 09:28 PM
So my friend at work, was trying to explain how guild wars is a good game, but couldn't really give me any examples about it. So for anyone who has/plays the game, what are some features about it.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-05-17, 09:30 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Positives about Guild Wars"
Pros: You don't pay for it monthly.

Cons: Everything else.

Okay, not really, but the game bores me very fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-17, 10:41 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Pros: You don't pay for it monthly. ..."
Everything bores you really fast.

I've never played it and prolly never will. I do like the graphics though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-05-18, 12:27 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Positives about Guild Wars"
You don't have to pay monthly (as Grav said) like with most other MMO's.

And the graphics are good (as pr0xy said).

I would start rattling on about the storyline, the fighting and whatever else...but I haven't played anything else to compare it with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-18, 12:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You don't have to pay monthly (as Grav..."
DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
Biggest waste of money ever, yes the game does look nice and has a nice interface but its not really a MMRPG so ur better off getting a single player RPG game.

GUILDWARS FORCES INSTANCES THEREFORE MAKING IT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME.(EXcept towns) it sucks.

I've never lost interest in a game as fast as I did with guildwars
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2006-05-18, 03:57 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!! Biggest waste of..."
Joe, think about running ZG everytime you want to go level. That is guild wars.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-05-18, 07:27 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Joe, think about running ZG everytime..."
Id rather buy Oblivion than Guildwars... Oh wait I did =[
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-05-18, 02:40 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Id rather buy Oblivion than..."
Don't get the piece of shit game. I didn't even pay for it and I regretted playing it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-05-18, 02:43 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Don't get the piece of shit game. I..."
It might just be my eyes playing up again, but the thread is called POSITIVES about GW, is it not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-18, 03:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It might just be my eyes playing up..."
Well looks like besides no monthly cost the game is horrible.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-05-19, 07:34 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well looks like besides no monthly cost..."
I actually like it but the game is definitely not for everyone. Unlike WoW, most of it cannot be done solo and I think it gives the average intelligence of gamers too much credit.

The instancing is kind of annoying but I think it beats the alternative of massive KS'ing and looting. Also, there are story based missions that wouldn't work if people entered and exited them at random.

The game is also more tactical in battle than WoW which is probably why it isn't popular amongst that crowd. Battles have a lot more to do with which skills you have equipped (you can only have 8 accessible at a time and switch outside of combat zones) and how you use them then level. You also can't get very far on your own. In the original, a warrior with monk as their second class could get through 3/4 of the game solo, but Factions has rebalanced it quite a bit so that is not longer possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-19, 08:25 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "I actually like it but the game is..."
What would be the standard group size?
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-05-19, 08:36 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "What would be the standard group size?"
Well, it gets larger as you get farther in the plot.

Starts at 2 in the original game (though that part is short, starts at 4 in factions), then 8 and 12. I think you only get higher than 12 in PVP and Guild battles (except for a few Factions missions that have 16. Factions also has team competitive missions with 12 players per team)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-19, 11:26 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Well, it gets larger as you get farther..."
Don't forget there're 6 per team in the desert.

Can you get 12 in the normal missions? Or just PvP types?

I've had Factions since it came out...and I've only played it once so far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-19, 01:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Don't forget there're 6 per team in the..."
Lenny said:
Can you get 12 in the normal missions? Or just PvP types?
Temple of Ages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-19, 02:19 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Temple of Ages"
Really?!

Haven't been there for however long. Last time there were 8.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-19, 06:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Really?! Haven't been there for..."
Maybe it's there maybe it's ring of fire but I know there are missions that high.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-20, 06:46 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Maybe it's there maybe it's ring of..."
Hmmm... I'll have to go looking. If it's in the Ring of Fire, then I'll be happy. Bigger parties are better at killing the Mursaat, or so I presume.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-03, 09:12 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hmmm... I'll have to go looking. If..."
ok well ToA isnt amission so thats not it. and its not ring of fire cause im stuck on that one and you can only have 8. this game is ok. it is team based probably to much. if you wanna just go in with your beefy lv20 (cause that is the cap) and beat the hell outta some noob in pvp. not gonna happen. you cant really do anything alone. i mean you can take henchies but thats still not alone.
oh and people have a nickname for anet. its anerf -- anything and everything you find in the game that is good or makes you cash quickly will be nerfed. meaning fixed so you cant do it anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:05 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "ok well ToA isnt amission so thats not..."
Old Ascalon - you can go around on your own, without Henchies. But that gets boring fast. What's the point in beating up little lvl4 thingies and getting... oooh! A staff with cold dmg 5-7!! AND +1 Energy! YAY!!

Factions is good too. A bit annoying with all the tutorial pop-up's, and conversations you ought to read come up in boxes. But the graphics are good, nice storyline so far, and the fact that you can take Canthan characters to Tyria and vice versa is a nice touch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny