Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Happy 4th anniversary!
Posted 2006-01-14, 08:52 PM
That's right guys and gals, Zelaron was registered on the 14th of January back in 2002, so we just passed the 4 year mark!

We've outlived lots of hardships, including numerous DDoS attacks, getting kicked off the servers of web hosts (one of which removed us from their services when we had 131 users online at one particular time; our new record is 540), database errors, legal threats, rumors that we leaked the Doom 3 alpha supposedly aggravating John Carmack and so many more things which I don't recall right now.

I apologize for not posting this announcement a little earlier today, but I'm really happy and slightly amazed that we're still around after so many years. One of the initial reasons why I started Zelaron was because I wanted to see a forum that wouldn't just disappear from the reach of its dedicated members. So many other forums and communities I actively took part in prior to 2002 would permanently disappear for monetary or personal reasons of the owners/staff. One very large forum I really liked at the time got hacked, and had not done a single database backup for almost a whole year. It wasn't the first time it had happened to that community, either.

So yeah, here we are, four years later; still with a lot of active, creative users who have been around since the first year, and so many wonderful newcomers who have already out-posted me in only a third of the time it took me to get my 7600-something post count. No, I didn't cheat by stacking a horde of posts in the trashcan, promise.

I hope you all have enjoyed the ride so far.

A toast to our future 5th anniversary!

Edit: This totally brings back old memories.
http://www.zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6405
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2006-01-14 at 09:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-01-14, 09:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
wooty woot, its been fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-01-14, 09:36 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "wooty woot, its been fun"
yea congrats guys. Lets keep this going for many more years to come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-14, 11:15 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "yea congrats guys. Lets keep this going..."
gruesomeBODY said:
yea congrats guys. Lets keep this going for many more years to come
Lets readvertise!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-15, 12:46 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
Whoose bring the booze? *Points at gruesome*
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-15, 01:32 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Whoose bring the booze? *Points at..."
Yea I myself have been through alot in the last 4 years, but I always had Zelaron to come back to and read. Heres to another 4!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-01-15, 10:34 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Yea I myself have been through alot in..."
Heh, I was 14 when I joined here. That seems like forever ago. Good job fellas, it's been fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-15, 05:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
Cheers to all.

And hopefully for years to come.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-01-15, 08:39 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Whoose bring the booze? *Points at..."
Great-Thanatos said:
Whoose bring the booze? *Points at gruesome*
hey if we all get together one day, ill pay for rounds at the bar. U can hold me to that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-15, 10:15 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "hey if we all get together one day, ill..."
Where do you live?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-01-15, 11:54 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Where do you live?"
Long Island right now. But i go to college at Fairfield U in CT
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-16, 11:51 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
This forum blows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-01-21, 04:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
Happy 4th anniversary!! It seems like just yesterday I signed up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-22, 12:56 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "hey if we all get together one day, ill..."
gruesomeBODY said:
hey if we all get together one day, ill pay for rounds at the bar. U can hold me to that
I'm going to drive to the east coast just to booze it up with you!
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-26, 12:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Happy 4th anniversary!"
I'll get my party hat. My four year anniversary is not far behind.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2006-01-26, 10:06 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I'll get my party hat. My four year..."
I am suprised that Zelaron is still around, It has been through a lot of members. But a few faithful ones have stuck around and it is kind of nice to watch the people come and go but know that some people will always be here.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2006-01-26, 10:48 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I'll get my party hat. My four year..."
Wow, I'm surprised you even care. Bastard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-01-27, 03:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, I'm surprised you even care...."
I know what you mean quite a few of the older members may not be posting alot but i know that myself atleast i try to stop by and veiw the forums just about every week, wether or not i sign in is just dependent upon if i see a need to post something.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2006-01-27, 03:08 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I'll get my party hat. My four year..."
omg. you're alive!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-02-21, 12:42 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "omg. you're alive!"
Yeah, I died a couple of times but it's easy to fix. I disappeared for a while due to something I had no control over and now I just try to drop in every once in a while. I miss the old content though.

Edit: Wow this is kind of an old thread... I can't really remember why I responded to it...

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2006-02-21 at 12:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence