Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Legal Marijuana
Posted 2002-09-10, 11:54 PM
Well this happend over a year ago, and I used to live there with my mother in Ukiah. I do not know if you guys heard of this or not, thats why I am posting it. I should have posted it alot earlier but I don't smoke pot anymore and I forgot it...

-----------------------------------------------------------

MENDOCINO COUNTY FIRST IN U.S. TO DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA

Winning Measure G Allows Up To 25 Pot Plants For Personal Use

By a 58-42 margin Tuesday, Mendocino County voters approved a measure to decriminalize personal use of marijuana, a first in the United States.

The Green Party-sponsored Measure G ran strong in every area of the county, and especially on the Mendocino Coast where the final vote count widened the winning margin significantly.

Supporters were jubilant early Wednesday morning.

Former Rep. Dan Hamburg, a former Democrat who joined the Green Party and helped campaign for Measure G, said the outcome underscores Mendocino County residents' weariness with state and federal campaigns against marijuana growers.

"The decisive outcome should send the message we were hoping: People who are intimately aware of the government's anti-marijuana crusade are demanding that the focus of lawmakers and law enforcement shift to hard, dangerous drugs and not an illicit weed that's been around for centuries," said Hamburg.

Measure G support cut across political boundaries and age groups.

"I'm old enough to remember Prohibition. That didn't work, and neither are the marijuana laws," said Anne Rogers of Boonville. Rogers said she voted for Measure G because she believes it's time to change criminal laws surrounding personal use of marijuana.

Patricia Kubran of Redwood Valley said she, too, voted for the measure. "I feel the courts are crowded enough. Let's focus on the real criminals."

Although there was no organized opposition, numerous county political and education leaders spoke out against Measure G, fearing passage would send the wrong message to young people. The marijuana measure, which has attracted national attention, would allow individuals to grow and harvest up to 25 plants. Sale and transportation of marijuana still would be illegal under the measure's provisions.

Local law enforcement leaders said the measure is mostly symbolic. Sheriff Tony Craver and District Attorney Norman Vroman said they will enforce state and federal marijuana laws, which take precedent over local laws.

The marijuana vote topped a local ballot that consisted mainly of city elections in Ukiah, Willits and Fort Bragg, and a $30 million hospital bond measure on the Mendocino Coast.

Leave your remark on this... I think its a good thing they did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-11, 02:34 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
:stoner: :istone: :bling: too bad its not national

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-09-11, 02:26 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
lets all move there
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-09-11, 05:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
naa, I like it where I am, and they legalized pot for medicianal uses where I live
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-12, 03:38 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
LEGALIZE THIS SHIT FUCKING NOW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-12, 03:40 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Quote:
Originally posted by tacoX
LEGALIZE THIS SHIT FUCKING NOW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-09-12, 04:33 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
heh, it seems you really want it legalized
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-13, 06:58 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Naw, I dont smoke it... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-13, 02:56 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
i do smoke and to tell you the truth i dont know if i want it legalized
simply because if they legalize it there could be things that make smoking harder or more expensive:
1: TAXES look at cigarettes $4 a pack here from the company they are sold at like $1.50
2:IMPORTING ok so its legal now so the illegal importing will probly stop and move to legally import it if they make it illegal again its gonna be a long possibly hard process to begin importing it again
3:AGE it will be age 21 to possess weed im 20 even though i will be 21 in a few months but for the younger of the bunch
ever tried to get a bottle or some beer and couldnt but you could make a call and get any type of weed u want.... that could stop
i think thats about it somone post the good side of things or more bad things please

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-09-13, 03:01 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
You smoke? I never could have guessed.

u gotta unroll the leaf roll the paper then roll the leaf back around it then its perfect if u know the technique
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-09-13, 03:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome
i do smoke and to tell you the truth i dont know if i want it legalized
simply because if they legalize it there could be things that make smoking harder or more expensive:
1: TAXES look at cigarettes $4 a pack here from the company they are sold at like $1.50
2:IMPORTING ok so its legal now so the illegal importing will probly stop and move to legally import it if they make it illegal again its gonna be a long possibly hard process to begin importing it again
3:AGE it will be age 21 to possess weed im 20 even though i will be 21 in a few months but for the younger of the bunch
ever tried to get a bottle or some beer and couldnt but you could make a call and get any type of weed u want.... that could stop
i think thats about it somone post the good side of things or more bad things please
Well if it were legalized there would be a few major differences between weed, beer, and cigerettes.
First off... ciggerettes are majorly taxed and stuff, and beer you gotta be 21.. with weed however most everyone will be growing there own so forget taxes and since its a smokable i think you will only have to be 18.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-13, 03:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Weed is bad. If you smoke weed I hope you die. If you smoke cigarettes you're even worse..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-13, 03:15 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Weed is bad. If you smoke weed I hope you die. If you smoke cigarettes you're even worse..
So if someone doesnt smoke weed, you hope they don't die?
We all gonna die then you will be disapointed when they do.
(not saying I smoke we, havnt for 3 years, but I dont disaprove of it)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-13, 05:23 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
FLAME KING_AMAZON!!!!!! YOU HERB I HOPE YOU DIE WEED MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND

ps: the age will be 21 its on the news here

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-09-13, 05:41 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Darn then I got 2 more years =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-13, 07:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
its not gonna happen anyway because its only gonna be legal in one state but the federal laws will still prevent legal marijuana this is off the news here

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-09-13, 07:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
Well its already legal in mendocine but yea state and fed laws overrule them... but theres less change of getting in trouble up there
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-13, 07:36 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
weed is good right ebfore you go to sleep
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-09-13, 08:53 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
no its not its good when ur about to go to school it opens up new doors then when u get home u cant belive that u just went through a hole day of school
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
okok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenokok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

okok44

Posted 2002-09-16, 11:44 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Legal Marijuana"
actually, marijuana is legal in england as long as u dont smoke it in public
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube