Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Photoshop Help-Blending
Posted 2003-10-04, 11:24 PM
I was wondering if yall have any good tips on photoshop 7 blending, or know any website tutorials on it...if so that'd be hella appriciated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original

Posted 2003-10-05, 02:08 AM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
Er, your terms are kind of unspecified. What exactly do you want to do? Just blend two photos into each other so you can see both of them simultaneously? If so, just use two layers and change the layer options to multiply, darken or something else.

If you would want to, say, take two photos shot from the exact same angle, with some difference in the content, then that's another story. Maybe you're taking two shots of yourself, and you want to make it look like you're fighting yourself in the shot. If that's the case, just copy and paste one person over, but the real work to be done is related to the shadows. In-house shots tend to cast diffuse shadows over a large area, so you'll definitely have to smoothen the shadows out a bit, as there's a large risk their eges will be very jagged after you've copied&pasted them into the other photo.

The clone stamp tool along with the smudge tool are very useful when you want to blend objects together seamlessly. If you have a tablet, you can take even more use of the smudge tool due to tool pressure sensitivity.

And no, I don't have any tutorial links, but I hope this helped you out some. If you had something completely different in mind than I had when answering this, feel free to rephrase your question.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-10-05, 11:45 PM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
i just want to know how to blend more photos into backgrounds, like how to u use the smudge tool?, i just need help on blending two together, if u could help me out with that that would be hella appriciated.

just give me exactly on what i should go to on each cuz i have no clue on making new layers and putting two photos to blend better, much much appriciated if you could.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original

Posted 2003-10-05, 11:47 PM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
Uhh... It really depends on what kind of effect you are going for... Is there an example of any sort?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-05, 11:51 PM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
see how the images in the back are blended into the background

thats all i wanna know how to do, just some blending tips on that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fb1a7446.jpg (11.0 KB, 25 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original

Posted 2003-10-06, 12:49 AM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
that is simply cutting off the image and hitting CTRL + V on your keyboard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-06, 10:01 AM in reply to Original's post "Photoshop Help-Blending"
Yeah, that's about it. If you're entirely new to PS, I'm sure you'll find the layer feature effective. Using layers for the previous example, the shoe could be in one layer, and the background could be in the other. That way, the shoe layer can be "moved around" to any location and still stay on top of the background (or the "bottom layer"). It's easier to edit layers as well, as you can paint one layer in color without risking to paint over another layer which you want to stay intact.

You might also find the 3DBuzz Photoshop video training modules useful. You can find them here:

http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/dl_list_course.php?c=7
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2003-10-06 at 10:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser