Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2007-05-20, 07:00 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "AAAAAARGH!! STARCRAFT 2! The Blizzard..."
I saw in an interview that they've been working on SC2 since WC3: The Frozen Throne was released. They said they wanted to announce a game that was playable for once. So maybe 2009 is too far away?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-20, 08:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I saw in an interview that they've been..."
wow... so tha'ts what, 3 years? NOVEMBER of 07 PLEASE (wishful I know)!

Last edited by Sovereign; 2007-05-20 at 09:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-20, 09:38 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I need to read the story behind it. As..."
They will always be dragoons to me. Immortals... pfft. This isn't underworld, blzzard!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-21, 04:09 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "They will always be dragoons to me. ..."
Sovereign said:
They will always be dragoons to me. Immortals... pfft. This isn't underworld, blzzard!
The SC2 site explained that the buildings that produced Dragoons were destroyed by the zerg, along with the plans for them, hence the creation of the Immortals.

The game looks like it'll be fun, but I have trouble playing RTS competitively. I just simply can't track that many things at once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-21, 05:05 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The SC2 site explained that the..."
STory I read said that the Immortals are just upgraded Dragoons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-21, 05:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "STory I read said that the Immortals..."
Sovereign said:
STory I read said that the Immortals are just upgraded Dragoons.
I'll warn of a spoiler if someone wanted to actually find this out via the game when it comes out, but this comes directly off the Starcraft 2 website.

Starcraft said:
Before the loss of Aiur, veteran protoss warriors who had been crippled in battle could volunteer to continue their service by being transplanted into dragoon exoskeletons. Now, the dragoons of the past are all but gone. The sacred shrine that was dedicated to the creation of the dragoons was infested by the zerg and lost along with the protoss homeworld itself.

The remaining dragoons have become the Immortals, refitted with twin phase disruptors and hardened energy shields that can shrug off the most powerful weapon strikes - though at the cost of leaving them more vulnerable to the pinprick attacks of lesser foes. The heavily armed and shielded immortals give critical fire support to the ferocious legions of zealots by eliminating enemy artillery and ranged attackers, allowing the zealots to close in and complete their work of destruction.

http://starcraft2.com/features/proto...l?tab=immortal

At any rate, looks like it's kinda both what Sov and I said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-21, 05:44 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'll warn of a spoiler if someone..."
I forget the original story already....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-05-21, 05:59 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "I forget the original story already...."
All the races originate from Tatooine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-21, 06:40 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "All the races originate from Tatooine."
Night Elves have infested Starcraft 2 already, and are dancing naked on top of buildings.

http://totallosers.us/sc2/nightelf.jpg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-21, 06:41 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Night Elves have infested Starcraft 2..."
Immortal vs. NE female round 1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-21, 07:43 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Immortal vs. NE female round 1."
Willkillforfood said:
Immortal vs. NE female round 1.
...legendary Photoshop inc when I get home from work, assuming I'm not too lazy or forget about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-21, 08:55 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "...legendary Photoshop inc when I get..."
I want one barrel in the pink, and one in the stink.

Then I want it sent to blizzard fanart. Ty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-21, 09:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I want one barrel in the pink, and one..."
Might be a different Immortal than you're thinking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-22, 12:56 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Might be a different Immortal than..."
The animation I'm watching shows 2 barrels on each side. One is longer then the other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-22, 04:52 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "The animation I'm watching shows 2..."
Sovereign said:
The animation I'm watching shows 2 barrels on each side. One is longer then the other.
Interesting, didn't they say "twin" cannons?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-22, 05:34 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Interesting, didn't they say "twin"..."
A "twin" turbo often consists of a small and large turbine, so I guess the same can be true of guns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-22, 06:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "A "twin" turbo often consists of a..."
WetWired said:
A "twin" turbo often consists of a small and large turbine, so I guess the same can be true of guns.
That's interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-22, 10:55 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's interesting."
I just watched the 22 minute developer's video. Awesomee shit man. I can't wait to see all the new terran/zerg units.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-23, 07:34 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I just watched the 22 minute..."
The game does look like a lot of fun imo.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-05-23, 07:42 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "The game does look like a lot of fun..."
This will be the 1st computer game I've bought in years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos