Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Member Introductions

New to Zelaron

Posted 2008-06-20, 10:29 AM
Hello.

My name is Chris Newton, and I am new to Zelaron. I was recruited by Yawgmoth, who is a member of my staff. Staff of what? The magazine that I am bringing to the Zelaron community.

Eye of the Vortex is a gaming magazine dedicated to .. well you - the Gamer.

I don't want this to come across as an advertisement, so I will leave it as that. That is the reason I am coming to the community.

For the last three years I have been a writer and editor for MagicDeckVortex.com. I also was the Lead Writer (editor-in-chief) for that website. I also played Magic for around 13 years, so as far as Magic goes, you could call me an expert, or someone who spent alot of money and time on something who has nothing to show for it except memories.

Anyways, I hope to get to know you guys.

Thanks for reading.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tynion

Posted 2008-06-20, 10:35 AM in reply to Tynion's post "New to Zelaron"
Tynion said: [Goto]
Hello.

My name is Chris Newton, and I am new to Zelaron. I was recruited by Yawgmoth, who is a member of my staff. Staff of what? The magazine that I am bringing to the Zelaron community.

Eye of the Vortex is a gaming magazine dedicated to .. well you - the Gamer.

I don't want this to come across as an advertisement, so I will leave it as that. That is the reason I am coming to the community.

For the last three years I have been a writer and editor for MagicDeckVortex.com. I also was the Lead Writer (editor-in-chief) for that website. I also played Magic for around 13 years, so as far as Magic goes, you could call me an expert, or someone who spent alot of money and time on something who has nothing to show for it except memories.

Anyways, I hope to get to know you guys.

Thanks for reading.
Somehow I feel like one of those kids at one of those schools that gets a company to sponsor their sports teams and stuff in return for shoving the products on the kids.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Somehow I feel like one of those kids..."
It was not supposed to come across like that. Would you kindly tell me how I should say 'Hi, I am joining your group, this is who I am and what I do', without being a complete jerk? If I did come off like that, then I apologize, that was not what I intended.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tynion

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:08 AM in reply to Tynion's post starting "It was not supposed to come across like..."
Hello, welcome to Zelaron. Just a reminder, don't just write about gaming on this forum even if you do write a magazine about it. This forum is a "gaming forum," but there are people here that talk about other topics as well.

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-06-20 at 11:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:10 AM in reply to Tynion's post starting "It was not supposed to come across like..."
Tynion said: [Goto]
It was not supposed to come across like that. Would you kindly tell me how I should say 'Hi, I am joining your group, this is who I am and what I do', without being a complete jerk? If I did come off like that, then I apologize, that was not what I intended.
You sounded like a business man, not like a cool dude that's joining the community. Either way, welcome to Zelaron!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:32 AM in reply to Tynion's post starting "It was not supposed to come across like..."
Welcome to Zelaron, Tynion! I looked at the magazine in question, which i found very... Lovecraftian at its core. It has more to do with fantasy and transhumanism than gaming, in a good way. I'm looking forward to the next issue.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-20, 12:30 PM in reply to Tynion's post "New to Zelaron"
Welcome to Zelaron.

Warning: You will be mocked. Everyone is. Please, do not take offense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-06-20, 01:05 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Welcome to Zelaron. Warning: You..."
Vault Dweller said: [Goto]
Warning: You will be mocked. Everyone is. Please, do not take offense.
This man is wise.

And a douchebag.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-20, 01:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "This man is wise. And a douchebag."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
This man is wise.

And a douchebag.
He is. Ive been here for over three months or so [ i don't remember when i joined ] and ive been mock by everyone exept chruser he really nice to me. So welcome NOOB.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-20, 02:00 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "He is. Ive been here for over three..."
You joined in April of 2008, fag.

Just kidding, but welcome to Zelaron!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-20, 10:21 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "This man is wise. And a douchebag."
This man is wise.

And a douchebag.
Don't you forget it, bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-06-20, 10:54 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "This man is wise. And a douchebag."
Welcome! Keep Thanatos away from your signifigant other and/or legal aged daughter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:22 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Welcome! Keep Thanatos away from your..."
...and your booze stash, but welcome!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-21, 09:30 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "He is. Ive been here for over three..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
He is. Ive been here for over three months or so [ i don't remember when i joined ] and ive been mock by everyone exept chruser he really nice to me. So welcome NOOB.
Nop, I haven't mocked you. I don't mock many people much anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-06-21, 09:50 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "...and your booze stash, but welcome!"
Did I hear booze stash?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-21, 09:57 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "He is. Ive been here for over three..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
For me it seems somewhat illogical to begin your post with saying that everyone mocks you and ending with calling the newcomer "noob" in capital letters without much of a reason.

You should consider if your own behaviour is the reason for the mockery you experience, for to me it seems highly likely that that is the case. And if this is true (I have not investigated) those who react towards you are not to blame.

Anyway, welcome Chris - glad to have you here.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-21, 11:31 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "For me it seems somewhat illogical to..."
Welcome Chris! ...... Fuck off jamer... >.> Anywho...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-22, 12:27 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Did I hear booze stash?"
Did I hear booze stash?
Yeah, Chruser said it. He's giving away all his booze because he's moving out of Swedenistan or wherever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-22, 02:00 PM in reply to Tynion's post "New to Zelaron"
If anyone else new had posted that shit, they'd been banned for spamming. Welcome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-22, 05:33 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "If anyone else new had posted that..."
welcome again. Khwii, welcome back. Your activity bar makes baby jesus cry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood