Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2006-03-08, 11:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Wow, thanks for the link! "Olyckan..."
What you guys are all not understanding is that telepathy has no way of being proven scientifically. There have been stories of people seeing family members at say, 10:15 P.M., telling them, "Hey, I just wanted to see if you were alright, anyways I gotta go," and then they find out that the family member they saw had died at that time or 10:16 or something.

What I am trying to point out is that everybody has a telepathic abilty. But when any 2 people reach the same "frequency" they can communicate. Like a radio and a radio station. If the station is operating at 99.1 MHz and you are tuned in to 100.3 MHz then your not listening to KGGI (these stations are from where I live). But the minute you turn that 'tune' dial to 99.1, you are going to be listening to KGGI. People are the same way. Say, for instance, Chruser was a radio, in this case, and was "tuned in to" 100.3. The suicidal kid was the station, projecting his emotions/whatever at 99.1. When Chruser changed his "frequency" from 100.3 to 99.1, he was recieving the information that the suicidal kid was feeding. Thus, he felt the same way that the kid did.

Also like a radio station, the "frequency" would get interupted from Earth's magnetic field, mountain ranges, buildings, weather, and other objects. This would hinder how well a person would recieve the "broadcast". This does not, however, apply to people of the same bloodline. They seem to be operation on XM, where, no matter where in the world, you can recieve/send an "emotional broadcast".

One more thing. I am going to use the Halo universe as an example. They have developed a way to move through time and space, with the Shaw-Fujikawa Drives. These would "tear" a hole into a space that they have dubbed "Slipspace". During this period they are moving ALOT faster on another plane of sub-existance. Many people believe that today, that is possible, and that is what telepathy is. Now, on the other hand, we have the Covenant. They have a very uber-complex way of simply sliding into Slipspace and therefore are much more agile and able to navigate in it. This is how a ghost would move about this realm and the "Other Side". Even though, according to everyone who witnesses a person's death, they died at 10:15 in Europe, his brother in California had seen him at around 10:14, both Pacific Standard Time.

This is all what I believe and am willing to bet just about anything on. You may laugh at my analogy regarding Halo, but I could care less. Many people were scoffed for their theories, and the only bad theory, is one that has been given up on.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-03-08, 11:39 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Wow, thanks for the link! "Olyckan..."
mjordan2nd said:
Wow, thanks for the link! "Olyckan inträffade i Val d'Isere-området vid 14-tiden på måndagen," made perfect sense to me!
What, you can't read that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-03-08, 11:40 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "What you guys are all not understanding..."
Draco2003 said:
What you guys are all not understanding is that telepathy has no way of being proven scientifically. There have been stories of people seeing family members at say, 10:15 P.M., telling them, "Hey, I just wanted to see if you were alright, anyways I gotta go," and then they find out that the family member they saw had died at that time or 10:16 or something.

What I am trying to point out is that everybody has a telepathic abilty. But when any 2 people reach the same "frequency" they can communicate. Like a radio and a radio station. If the station is operating at 99.1 MHz and you are tuned in to 100.3 MHz then your not listening to KGGI (these stations are from where I live). But the minute you turn that 'tune' dial to 99.1, you are going to be listening to KGGI. People are the same way. Say, for instance, Chruser was a radio, in this case, and was "tuned in to" 100.3. The suicidal kid was the station, projecting his emotions/whatever at 99.1. When Chruser changed his "frequency" from 100.3 to 99.1, he was recieving the information that the suicidal kid was feeding. Thus, he felt the same way that the kid did.

Also like a radio station, the "frequency" would get interupted from Earth's magnetic field, mountain ranges, buildings, weather, and other objects. This would hinder how well a person would recieve the "broadcast". This does not, however, apply to people of the same bloodline. They seem to be operation on XM, where, no matter where in the world, you can recieve/send an "emotional broadcast".

One more thing. I am going to use the Halo universe as an example. They have developed a way to move through time and space, with the Shaw-Fujikawa Drives. These would "tear" a hole into a space that they have dubbed "Slipspace". During this period they are moving ALOT faster on another plane of sub-existance. Many people believe that today, that is possible, and that is what telepathy is. Now, on the other hand, we have the Covenant. They have a very uber-complex way of simply sliding into Slipspace and therefore are much more agile and able to navigate in it. This is how a ghost would move about this realm and the "Other Side". Even though, according to everyone who witnesses a person's death, they died at 10:15 in Europe, his brother in California had seen him at around 10:14, both Pacific Standard Time.

This is all what I believe and am willing to bet just about anything on. You may laugh at my analogy regarding Halo, but I could care less. Many people were scoffed for their theories, and the only bad theory, is one that has been given up on.
Um yeah sure, whatever you say mac.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-03-09, 12:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Um yeah sure, whatever you say mac."
There is research going on in telepathy *shrugs*. Not sure about the whole Halo thing but there are things we cannot explain. Don't discount it all yet .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-09, 02:30 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "What you guys are all not understanding..."
Draco2003 said:
There are more than six billion people in the world alive at this very moment. One person dies every two seconds, I believe. Is it that absurd to believe that one out of these 6 billion people would have someone who is worried about them, calls them and asks them how they are doing, and then they die a minute later. 30 people will die within that minute. I don't find it hard to believe at all that one of these people would have had someone call to check up on them not so long ago. True, this is not likely, but it is a statistical anomaly. Almost all major statistical anomalies will be reported, and people will make bogus religions out of them too. If it can not be proven scientifically, then as far as we're concerned, it does not exist. However, if it has not been proven scientifically, then that's a different issue.

Quote:
Where in the world did you come up with this. You claim that this can't be scientifically proven, however you're using some mighty scientific terms for it. If you're going to make such an absurd claim, you should have some sort of evidence that points to it. At the moment it sounds like you're simply pulling it out of your ass.

Quote:
Okay, so now this frequency has physical qualities. What you're talking about sounds an awful lot like electromagnetic radiation, which, for reasons already posted, would not be likely.

Quote:
During this period they are moving ALOT faster on another plane of sub-existance.
What??? What is sub-existence?

Quote:
Many people believe that today, that is possible, and that is what telepathy is.
I don't understand how travelling through what seems to be hyperspace is the same thing as telepathy?

Quote:
Now, on the other hand, we have the Covenant. They have a very uber-complex way of simply sliding into Slipspace and therefore are much more agile and able to navigate in it. This is how a ghost would move about this realm and the "Other Side".
Ghosts go through hyperspace? They go to the other side? Like, out of a wormhole or something?

Quote:
Well, the people whose theories that were once scoffed at and are now accepted did some mighty hard research on what they were publishing, and they shared it with the world. Where is your research? Where is your evidence?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-03-09, 09:02 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "There are more than six billion people..."
His research: Shrooms, LSD, high doses of marijuana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-03-09, 12:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "His research: Shrooms, LSD, high doses..."
I didn't mean to take it all literally. The Halo thing was a reference, and the radio thing was an example of how telepathy is believed to be transmitted. And yes, there obviously is another side of this world, because where would ghosts go?

And I do not do drugs of any sort. I don't even take Tylenol for crying out loud.

As for evidence, no one has any evidence to fully support their claim at the time it is proposed. And if you wanna talk about evidence, then where is your evidence that there is no such thing as ESP?

Even if I did have evidence, would you look at it seriously, or go, "That's impossible." and never think about it again. Even if I had all the evidence in the world, people would still disagree. Just like there is no evidence to support Jesus, God, or the fact that 2 people created the whole world, yet they had 2 sons....

I guess what I am trying to say is that theories don't need evidence to be true, just a belief that it is possible. Until it is absolutely positivly proven that telepathy and other psychic abilitys are a figment of the imagination, then people, as well as I, will continue to believe that it does exist.

As for research to discover psychic abilitys, people are going about it all wrong. In this day and age, technology is all mighty and if technology can explain it, then it must be true, and if not, then it is false. People are trying to analyze it through a scientific nature, but it is either not gonna happen or take an extremely long time.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The person dying part, I said they see the person. And if you have seen anyone on thier deathbed, you would know that even if they WANTED to call someone to say goodbye, they wouldn't be able to.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-03-09, 01:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "His research: Shrooms, LSD, high doses..."
!King_Amazon! said:
His research: Shrooms, LSD, high doses of marijuana.
This helps but the science journals that follow are always incomprehensible.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2006-03-09, 01:58 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I didn't mean to take it all literally...."
you know, i just remembered something. i have a friend who sometimes has dreams of a certain person dying, and a short time later, the person she sees dies in the same way that she saw at the same time(provided the time is mentioned somewhere in that dream. if there is no time mentioned then it just happens and she doesn't know when) also, when she tries to change the outcome something worse happens instead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-09, 07:30 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I didn't mean to take it all literally...."
Draco2003 said:
And yes, there obviously is another side of this world, because where would ghosts go?
You're basing this on the existence of ghosts . . .

If ghosts exist, why do you think that they would need to live "on the other side?"

Quote:
As for evidence, no one has any evidence to fully support their claim at the time it is proposed. And if you wanna talk about evidence, then where is your evidence that there is no such thing as ESP?
Okay, here's the deal with that statement. When you make such a preposterous, controversial, outrageous statement, it is your job to prove it to me, not my job to disprove it. However, I have provided enough evidence to why ESP can not exist in the form you are talking about in my previous posts. Which part do you not understand?

Quote:
Even if I did have evidence, would you look at it seriously, or go, "That's impossible." and never think about it again. Even if I had all the evidence in the world, people would still disagree. Just like there is no evidence to support Jesus, God, or the fact that 2 people created the whole world, yet they had 2 sons....
If you had evidence, I would certainly consider it. However, it would need to be credible evidence, not "Because I've done it." If that's your reason then it is far more likely that you are schizophrenic than you possessing superhuman telepathic abilities.

Quote:
I guess what I am trying to say is that theories don't need evidence to be true, just a belief that it is possible.
A belief alone does not make a theory true in any way, sense, or fashion.

Quote:
Until it is absolutely positivly proven that telepathy and other psychic abilitys are a figment of the imagination, then people, as well as I, will continue to believe that it does exist.
You can go ahead and believe it, that doesn't mean it's not absurd. Anyway, you were claiming that it does exist, not that you believe it exists.

Quote:
As for research to discover psychic abilitys, people are going about it all wrong.
And you would be an expert in this field? Do you know how researchers are going about to finding it? Can you better their methods? If not, then I don't think it's your place to claim whether a method that a researcher uses is good or bad. What makes you such an expert on this topic?

Quote:
In this day and age, technology is all mighty and if technology can explain it, then it must be true, and if not, then it is false.
I don't think AI is quite sophisticated enough to start explaining things to humans quite yet. Technology hasn't explained a damn thing to me.

Quote:
People are trying to analyze it through a scientific nature, but it is either not gonna happen or take an extremely long time.
Why?

Quote:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The person dying part, I said they see the person. And if you have seen anyone on thier deathbed, you would know that even if they WANTED to call someone to say goodbye, they wouldn't be able to.
What? I didn't fully understand your above paragraph, can you rephrease please.

Quote:
you know, i just remembered something. i have a friend who sometimes has dreams of a certain person dying, and a short time later, the person she sees dies in the same way that she saw at the same time(provided the time is mentioned somewhere in that dream. if there is no time mentioned then it just happens and she doesn't know when) also, when she tries to change the outcome something worse happens instead.
OOH, OOH, I know this movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-03-09, 11:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You're basing this on the existence of..."
dude, im just restating what she told me, im in no way fabricating what she said nor did i get this from any movie. she may be on the other hand fabricating this. i have no way to tell. im just telling you what she said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-10, 12:39 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "dude, im just restating what she told..."
What movie did she get it from?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-03-10, 12:50 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What movie did she get it from?"
that's the thing, i don't know if she did or not and its too late to ask. sides she might get offended if i ask and it turns out that she didn't get it from any movie, like i said: i have no way to tell
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-10, 02:46 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What movie did she get it from?"
Final Destination correct?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-11, 07:56 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Final Destination correct?"
The last I had heard of there had been research that supports that there is something we do not understand between certain individuals. Some sort of stimulation some people (perhaps all) can give each other without using our traditional 5 senses. Telepathy or something else, who knows ...anyways, I doubt that can predict the future if that's what your friend claimed, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-12, 12:14 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The last I had heard of there had been..."
on the other hand, if there is a "higher being" then maybe he/she/it gave her a vision of them dying. and before you ask, i don't know the reason why he/she/it might do such a thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-12, 02:13 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "on the other hand, if there is a..."
Perhaps. Or maybe it's just a random action created by the system designed by the higher being *shrugs* Who knows. I do actually believe in a higher power but I was just going along with the research these scientists were doing on the science channel, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood