Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Stephen Hawking - Aliens
Posted 2010-04-28, 10:49 AM
Stephen Hawking's Aliens

1/5
BORKED

2/5
BORKED

3/5
BORKED

4/5
BORKED

5/5
BORKED

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-28, 01:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "A few interesting comments on Hawking's..."
He's got some interesting views on 'alien' life, absolutely. His main argument about conatcting them,
Steven Hawking said:
If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans.
I can agree with initially, but I don't think realistically it would ever happen. I agree mainly with the blogger in the first link. I don't think we should coward away from trying to invite them here and remaining as quiet as possible. There is no use in doing so, without embracing or basic human instincts to use our imagination we're basically useless, as we're considered in this existence.

Great videos though, I would definitely recommend that everyone check them out if you have some spare time.

It is a fun argument to agree to disagree on though.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-28, 07:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "He's got some interesting views on..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I don't think we should coward away from trying to invite them here and remaining as quiet as possible.
True enough. Even if they do, immediately attack us, they would have done so, anyway, when they came here on their own. If they will destroy us, why delay it? If they will make peace with us, then why delay it? I say we invite them, and see how they handle it. Show us how mature these aliens truely are.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-28, 11:30 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "True enough. Even if they do,..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Even if they do, immediately attack us, they would have done so, anyway, when they came here on their own. If they will destroy us, why delay it?
Because the longer we survive, the more we will evolve, and the more likely we can defend ourselves and have control over the situation. Ultimately we, or our planet, is just another organism fighting for survival. And from what I've seen in nature, weaker organisms tend to try to hide themselves. I think it would be safe to assume that if there is intelligent life beyond our little box, it's likely to be far more advanced than we are. In the grand scheme of things, we're in our infancy. Hell, we're all alone on our little ball and we are still barely managing to keep ourselves alive. I think we've got a lot of work to do before we should start advertising our existence. I'm not saying we should actually hide and not respond to any attempts that other life might make to contact us, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-29, 08:59 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Because the longer we survive, the more..."
Quote:
I think we've got a lot of work to do before we should start advertising our existence. I'm not saying we should actually hide and not respond to any attempts that other life might make to contact us, though.
This may be true. But what if we have a much more optimistic approach to the situation? Maybe instead of wanting to destroy us they would want to help us develop new technologies? Maybe not? We don't even know if there is anything out there, atleast within our galaxy, or universe let alone. There are always going to be people wanting to push the envelope of alien exploration alongside space exploration and if we happen to find something, then so be it.

I wish I would've been born 1,000 years from now, maybe 2,000 years from now. I want to see how far we can advance and develop from this current point in time. Then again, I may not have even though this had I been born 2,000 years ago.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-29, 09:28 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Because the longer we survive, the more..."
But if they're already this far ahead of us, that means they'll develope better stuff than us, faster. Unless we find some secret that they never did, then the longer we live, the more both us and them progress. The problem is, 100 + 10% is 110. 200 + 10% is 220.
110 vs 220 is no better than 100 vs 200.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai