Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Map Strat: Holy Ground
Posted 2004-05-31, 01:31 AM
Map Notes:

This map is for up to 4 players which are located at very interesting spots throughout the map. Player 1 would be located at 12:00, Player 2 is located at approximatly 1:30-2:00, Player 3 is about 6:30-7:00 while Player 4 is located about 8:00. This is what makes this map so interesting. You could have 1v1 battles of players directly next to each other changing the entire dimension of the game from the entire map to the northern half(or southern half vice-versa) or you could have battle across the entire temple. That's what makes this map so interesting and so popular.

People never seem to like being short of minerals at their main base. People always seem to be intrieged with large amounts of minerals and gas at their base. Why? Probably laziness so they don't have to expand as much. Each player begins the game with 8 mineral patches and 1 gas patch which makes expansion a thing that will come along during the pace of the game. Each player starts the game off on High Ground which makes High Ground dominance extremely key in success around your base and your opposition's bases. Expansions are always a key in any success on a map in Starcraft. Each player recieves an instant expansion right next to their choke point. All 4 of the locations can be defended from the high ground on BOTH sides of it. This makes the dropping possibility extremely interesting for an opponent or an interesting defensive possibility for yourself. The other expansions on the map are spread around on the central platform of the map. Each of the minor expansions is located with 6 Mineral Patches only. However, there always is a twist to the expansion theory. It seems to always be an island expansion or two. Yes, this factor remains true on Lost Temple. In the upper left corner there is an island expansion with 8 Mineral Patches and 1 Gas Geyser. There isn't a lot of room to work with on these islands though. The same thing is true for the second island expansion in the lower right. These two expansions are as far away as possible for the players. This map is also popular because of the multitude of strategical games that can be played on it. This map is generally controlled by ground unit attacks with support from the air but I have seen games on Lost Temple be based solely on air units. Spell casters can come in usage on the High Ground and Psionic Storm an opponent or can do a lot of damage to an expansion without you even knowing it. This map also is extremely balanced because every player has an equal opportunity to get to any location on the map they wish.

I personally on Lost Temple enjoy my original idea of defending the high ground locations around my expansion as a means of defense. I commonly will build 2 bunkers and a supply depot at my main ramp to my base. I will then shrapnel from the other side a few siege tanks in siege mode with marines on the other side firing at them as well. I also enjoy doing the infamous SD Multitude Drop on this map.(Explained in a moment.) When I look at Lost Temple and I know I'm going to play a game I know i'm going to have to be prepared for anything in the book. I also know that I seem to have bad luck on this map(1-13). =(

SD Multitude Drop:

I enjoy introducing people to a crazy strat or two on a map that fits the category the best. Since I feel that this map has a lot of great possibilities for an attack run or even a dropping run, I thought I'd cover the basics of an SD Multitude Drop. A Multitude Drop is meant to act as a total annoyance to an opponent. It requires a lot of micromanagement and a lot of patience. The best time to run this strategy is when an opponent has their expansion already built. The following units will be needed for success in this Multitude drop:

2-5 Dropships

1-3 Dropship with 2 Seige Tanks, The other 1-2 Dropship(s) with a mixture of support units and 1 Seige Tank.

The concept is fairly simple. Take your dropships with 2 Siege Tanks and place it on the high ground of your opponents opposite side defending their expansion. The Siege Tanks should be able to successfully do damage to their base. Once your opponent brings units around to handle your threat over there, send in your second dropship and attack their central base with the other dropships of support units. This will cause for massive confusion in an opponents base and when done successfully can give you a brief advantage.

This strategy has it's downfalls because it can be countered very quickly. If your opponent doesn't bite for the first part and allows for you to destroy the expansion, destroy it. Then try taking over the expansion location. Defend that area and you could do a lot more damage from there. If they sense your second decoy and destroy it, send in your original Expansion task force in to the main base to damage the economy. I personally try to hide my second dropship as far out of the way as possible without my opponent knowing. This will keep me safe from any harm.

Other Notes of Worth:

Any strategy can be done with some great success on the map Lost Temple. If there is an individual strategy that you enjoy using, use it! It will probably work. Some maps have an individualized style of play, Lost Temple is not one of them. People love the map for it's great amounts of minerals and gas and also for the pure fun of playing a ladder map. Ah, it's fine to go try to find the Lost Temple. True, I've found it 14 times. Oh well, the Found Temple will always be a Lost Temple in my heart.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V