Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Dynasty Warriors, Violent rendition of Chinese history... Heh
Posted 2005-09-21, 12:49 AM
Well, chinese history like most history is quite violent, but in any case. What I'm hoping to see is what Dynasty Warriors 5 Extreme Legend is going to be like, but even more then so what Dynasty Warriors will look like on PS3 if it does go on PS3.

For those whom don't know, Dynasty Warriors is based off Chinese History, during the Han dynasty when peace lasted, a proverb dictates that with long peace will come a moment of long seperation. As of strife and war and whatnot.

Dynasty Warriors is an action type game rendition of chinese history as in it's history there have been many wars and many great lieutenants and generals. In Dynasty Warriors by Koei, you get to play these characters, such as Guan Yu, a man said to have the strenght of ten thousand men, Lu bu, The one known as the Avatar of War, Zhao Yun, one of the Five Tiger generals of the kingdom of Shu known for his prowess in battle, perhaps Zhang Liao, another great general/lieutenant whom led a raiding group of a few hundred to cripple a force in the thousands, or perhaps Gan Ning, a pirate whom then served loyally the kingdom of Wu, wearing bells around his waist who's very sound in the field of war struck fear in the heart of all whom heard it(As it was usually the sound of their impending death).

Though the fifth is less historically biased then the others, it's nonetheless pretty good, with co-op mode, challenge mode, and in some other versions, versus mode, this game is quite entertaining. Though they may appear alike, there are several upgrades within the game itself, the style changes subtly, the graphics enhances, the selection of characters increases (48 in the most recent, with therefore 48 different endings to each of their Musou Mode, kinda like individual story mode).

A bit unrealistic though is that you control a single commander and with that single character, you can litterally plow through the opponent line and often enough, victory depends on how well you can raise morale of your troops by showing feets of strenght by defeating many opponents or other lieutenants of some reknown, as well as how you can actually go through these other generals and take home a victory.

As always, check it out by playing it yourself before you decide you like it or that you want it, but if anyone has any questions about this, I'm not the best person to ask, but you can always ask me and I'll try my best to answer... Oh and, you might find me talking about many different type of game, I'm kind of an overaller/veteran of games. I feel kinda old...

Oh shit, it's getting closer to 3AM... I should sleep, gotta wake up at 6, ugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-21, 08:02 AM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post "Dynasty Warriors, Violent rendition of..."
I've only played DW2, but I liked it a lot. I would have played the other ones, but I got stuck in other games.. Lu Bu is a beast in #2 though, and very difficult to beat unless you get your stats high. I really don't want to get PS3, because I already definitely want XBox 360, but if this games comes to that console, I can very well see myself buying it for that and other games that will be available by that time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-09-21, 08:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I've only played DW2, but I liked it a..."
I liked Dynast Warriors, but honestly I had no idea which one I played. My best friend from Taiwan brought it over and he said it was the equivalent of 4 maybe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-09-23, 01:19 PM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post "Dynasty Warriors, Violent rendition of..."
I've played DW2-4(and a few variations) and I loved them. Great games.

Can't wait to play DW5!
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-10-01, 01:08 AM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post "Dynasty Warriors, Violent rendition of..."
DW5:XL is no different from DW5 except for the Destiny Mode (which is quite interesting, but just 8 stages), not really worth the money if you ask me... The improvement from DW4 to DW5 is also not really noteworthy. Sure they remove the lagging, but those lags were not supposed to be there in the first place. New characters are nice, but I could go through a game for only so many times.

The individual story mode (musou mode) is also lacking... what kind of "individual story" it is if most of them share the same stages? Especially the end stages?

DW5 is a good place to start if you haven't played others... but if you're not really a DW fans and have played DW3/4, then...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2005-10-09, 01:26 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "DW5:XL is no different from DW5 except..."
[EDIT]Oh yes, please note: I AM NOT a huge fan of DW series, I just enjoy the game enough to play it sometimes, most often when it seems like a fun option and no other games seems to pick my interest.... Which is hard when you've got an interesting selection of games and the fact that the game doesn't belong to me but a friend, bah, DW3 is a good backup to DW5 though, with a better difficulty. [EDIT END]

They can't really help but share the same end-stage. This is a story that is based off history itself, with some of these officers/generals dying or finishing their epic tales upon nearly the same area, or where best it can end off gloriously on the same battlefield. To this, they remain on the same spot.

There are some subtle differences between DW4 and DW5, which makes it quite interesting. The difference is best seen when you play two numbers down or three numbers down, then one number down. Whilst DW3 is just a beautified DW2, and a DW4 is a beautified DW3, and a DW5 is a beautified DW4. When comparing DW5 to DW2 or 3, you see a major difference, in both story content, battle, system, overall quality, packaging, presentation, music, voice acting, visuals and whatnot.

My only complaints is that DW5 is too easy, my friend's complaint is the fact that, unlike other DWs, it's the least historically correct, with some make-believe stages. As for DW5:XL, the difference is yet again subtle, but it brings about a different gaming experience if you stop thinking about it and play. You get a better feeling through playing then through thinking about the game itself, most of the time.

I trust my instinct on games, and to this day, I have not played one single game that made me go "This fucking piece of shit is CRAP! Where the fuck's my refund!?!" Nay, fortunately, they're all captivating in their own rights.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight