Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

exile help
Posted 2004-06-09, 02:52 PM
ok..i have this shield (eth gilded shield w/ 44 resists)...is it possible to upgrade it to zakarum shield so that the def will go higher..i heard that the def doesn't go up when you upgrade ethreal items..i'm going to make this into exile shield for zeal pally..btw, is the max resist on a shield 45?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp shield1.bmp (299.6 KB, 49 views)
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-06-09, 02:57 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post "exile help"
Checking Arreat Summit right now, and to answer your question about resistances, 45 is the highest you can get. It falls under the 'Chromatic' category for automod reistances of 40%-45%. I don't know about the upgrading question though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-09, 02:59 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Checking Arreat Summit right now, and..."
Upgrading would raise the defense but it doesn't recalculate the etherealness of it so it would be the same as if it isn't ethereal.

But you can't upgrade it anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-06-09, 03:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Upgrading would raise the defense but..."
Why can't he? It's an exceptional and would turn into the elite sheild 'Zakarum Sheild'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-09, 03:34 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why can't he? It's an exceptional and..."
It is not a rare/unique item, therefore, you cannot upgrade it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-09, 05:14 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It is not a rare/unique item,..."
ok..i can't up it..so it all boils down to this: should i make it into an exile..or hold out for a better shield?...btw..a fukin ohm rune on east ladder is worth more than 2 sojs now...last night i could've got 1:1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-06-09, 07:49 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "ok..i can't up it..so it all boils down..."
lol ur lucky u sold ur SOJS flip. i find it funny the people that barely ever play that have like acc's FULL OF SOJS and shit HAHAH FUCKING NOOBIE FUCKERS. they going to be poor now YAY!
Eh Ma, Ima Gunna B An Engish Magor

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
koolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkoolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

koolio_kid2001

Posted 2004-06-09, 07:58 PM in reply to koolio_kid2001's post starting "lol ur lucky u sold ur SOJS flip. i..."
Itll make them pay!!!!

If you make it into an exile, youll have about 500-600 def. Thats horseshit. My non eth vortex had 710. Id hold out.

But then again, if you can find someone who wants the good + resists. Make it. If not, use it yourself. a few hundred def shouldnt be to much for a paladin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-09, 08:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Itll make them pay!!!! If you make..."
If they use holy shield it could mean thousands.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-06-09, 08:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If they use holy shield it could mean..."
Wow, why I forgot about that is beyond me...

Well... if your willing to sacrafice the defence for the resists go for it. Im sure if you upgrade your armor, or change something, you can make up for that lost def.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-09, 08:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Wow, why I forgot about that is beyond..."
Good exiles usually have 1000+ def no?

correct me if i'm wrong.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-06-09, 08:34 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Good exiles usually have 1000+ def no?..."
Good eth exiles, yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-09, 08:39 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It is not a rare/unique item,..."
Vollstrecker said:
It is not a rare/unique item, therefore, you cannot upgrade it.
You can up' rares?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-06-10, 06:11 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "You can up' rares?"
yes you can..... lol and i agree with you those fuckin noobs wit all there sojs are gunna be fucked haha YAYA i hate fucking botters *srry my bot jus messed up* lol neways If you bot MAKE SURE YOU PLAY CHARS... or that also makes you a noob lol doesnt it? am i rite?
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-06-10, 06:28 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "yes you can..... lol and i agree with..."
dont really get ya point of view...
#however, i just want 4 fcking sojs...
hope some fools will sell them to me for 1 vex (4 sojs )

i do not run any bot....
and i got 1.5 PERFECT ladder chars now
so i am proud
installing a bot, evrey noob can do this nowadays...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-06-10, 08:03 AM in reply to celaron's post starting "dont really get ya point of view......"
my exile has 897 or somethin def. i wanted it b/c it had high res....i made outta a eth kurast shield /. meh i dont care it coulda been better but i was to lazy to find a eth vortex lol!
Eh Ma, Ima Gunna B An Engish Magor

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
koolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkoolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

koolio_kid2001

Posted 2004-06-10, 08:56 AM in reply to koolio_kid2001's post starting "my exile has 897 or somethin def. i..."
ya..the defense is kinda low...i have 10 more sojs to spare...i'll even go 8 sojs for a good exile..usually it's 5 sojs for exile
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-06-10, 01:56 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "ya..the defense is kinda low...i have..."
wow u guys rich as hell, 4 sojs, 8 sojs, damn i dont even have 1, havent been able to find one, i welcome any donations though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dgpnd81

Posted 2004-06-11, 09:20 AM in reply to dgpnd81's post starting "wow u guys rich as hell, 4 sojs, 8..."
dgpnd81 said:
wow u guys rich as hell, 4 sojs, 8 sojs, damn i dont even have 1, havent been able to find one, i welcome any donations though
any donations are welcome , yes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-06-11, 09:35 AM in reply to Death's post starting "any donations are welcome , yes ^_^"
i am on europe, gimme all sojs you dont need
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron