Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Possible builds..?
Posted 2009-06-10, 03:44 PM
I've been looking at some of the character skills in Diablo 3 and thinking about possible builds. Now, you might say, nothing is finalized, things will be different at the end, we don't know enough about the game yet, we don't know the game mechanics..

I know that, but that's not going to stop me.

Now it's hard to put together builds when all the percentage increases are listed as XX%.. and there's no info on a skill level and level cap, and we don't know the max number of skills points one could have, but in theory..

Like before, each character has 3 trees of skills.
As of right now, we see that in each tree, skills are put in different tiers, tier 1 to 5. Instead of how it used to work in the past, where you only need 1 point in a pre-requisite skill in order to "unlock" the skill, it works quite different. You need to have a certain amount of points in that specific tree in order to access a skill in a higher tier. Tier 2 requires 5 points, tier 3 requires 10, Tier 4 requires 15, Tier 5 requires 20.

I am not sure how many total skill points a character will have when he hits the max level, but just looking at it at this point, I don't think people will be able to make a character that could master two trees of skills. At least, not being able to max out two different tier 5 skills with all the syngery skills maxed out.

This is of course, just a speculation. Tier 5 skill is not revealed yet, and I have no idea whether the different skills will have a different skill level cap (instead of all maxing out at lv 20 in D2).

IF the skills all cap at lv 20.. then I think we'll really see a tons of customization and fine tuning to make that "perfect" character..

I really want to know how monster's resistance work in the different mode though. I'm not sure if mastering just a single tree would be sufficient to go solo in a harder difficulty.

Then I would also like to know how PvP works, the penalty in PvP, and whether or not they'd save something like an arena where people could just gather for PvP (Like GW), and of course still have the PK'ing element in game.

Just looking at the 3 characters though, my first character will be.. a Barbarian. Just because it's usually less expensive to play a melee.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-10, 04:12 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Possible builds..?"
Sounds like skills will work more like talents in WoW do now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-11, 11:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like skills will work more like..."
Is that good or bad?
Do you want to see more WoW elements in D3?
I definitely don't want items to be binding.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia