Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question Requesting Info On Creating My Own Chipsets
Posted 2004-08-04, 10:55 AM
Hi there. I've been messing around with RPG Maker and absolutely love it, but I'm getting bored with the same old chipsets that you find around the net. I'd love to learn how to make my own from various video games, but I'm not sure how to begin. Would someone mind either giving me a link if you know of a good page with instructions, or giving me your own instructions? I appreciate it!

Thanks so much,
Tracy

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-08-05 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fixed thread title just for you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
enchantedmoons is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenenchantedmoons is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

enchantedmoons

Posted 2004-08-05, 07:41 AM in reply to enchantedmoons's post "Requesting Info On Creating My Own..."
enchantedmoons said:
Hi there. I've been messing around with RPG Maker and absolutely love it, but I'm getting bored with the same old chipsets that you find around the net. I'd love to learn how to make my own from various video games, but I'm not sure how to begin. Would someone mind either giving me a link if you know of a good page with instructions, or giving me your own instructions? I appreciate it!

Thanks so much,
Tracy
If you have v1.8 there should be a help file in it read that if you still need help ask again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-08-05, 03:43 PM in reply to enchantedmoons's post "Requesting Info On Creating My Own..."
The first thing you would do is take a screenshot of the game, in whatever emulator you happen to use. You would then crop everything around a tile, and paste it into a chipset. Grab as many chips as you wish, then go from there.

That's really all there is to it, but it always takes a long time. Not only that, but some games don't use the same dimensions for tiles, so you'll have to adjust that as well - which makes the whole process tedious and unrewarding, since it won't look quite right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube