Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Cool HellMOO: in the post-apocalyptic future, everyone can read.
Posted 2009-02-09, 09:35 AM
Okay so maybe some of you have wondered where the fuck I've been lately (doubtful) but I have an answer for you in this very post!

HellMOO: A Post Apocalyptic MOO

Okay first things first... some of you have probably never played or even heard of a MOO before. A MOO is like a MUD (multi-user dungeon) but it using an object-oriented coding system. This doesn't really matter much for players beyond knowing that there is a lot to interact with. Mainly this means that the game is almost entirely (well it is entirely, but more on the almost in a bit) text. If you have a problem with this, I don't give a shit and you must play the game anyway or I'll kill you.

Anyway, about that almost: HellMOO has a minimap! This may not seem like much but it makes a huge difference in palatability for those who have never played a M** game before and it makes navigation much, much easier.

So, time for a short list of features:

Lovely fighting system complete with feinting, power attacks, and guns! (and PVP!)
Sex (with pregnancy and even milking), drugs, and an admin-run radio station that is actually good.
Aircraft and ground vehicles. (and a currently limited sea vehicle)
Corporate organization system (it is recommended for new players to find a corp ASAP) with plenty of politics.
Lockpicking, hacking, and other subversive activities.
Accessible movement and action system.
Robust crafting, cooking (weed-laced food, anyone?), and research system with XP rewards (so you don't have to kill things to enjoy the game)
A weather system is mostly implemented with monthly temperature changes and seasonal plants.
Portalguns!
Lots of pop culture and historical references for you nerds of all types.
Enough rape and murder simulation to satisfy gamers' innermost desires and make your congressman cry.

If this seems like something you would be interested in, please click here! If not, please click anyway.
That link should give you a basic overview, a nice little wiki, and the information to connect which I will put here anyway in case you have experience:
hell.game-host.org:7777

Also you should probably read this newbie guide.

If you happen to also be a member of the Something Awful forums, go to the Games forum, check the SEX tag, and there is a nice little thread with some more information as well as plenty of anecdotal evidence to how awesome the game is. There is also a great cheating bastard wiki built by goons that you can gain access to by asking in the thread.

I hope you guys enjoy this and fill this thread up with comments!

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2009-02-09 at 09:37 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2009-02-09, 10:09 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "HellMOO: in the post-apocalyptic..."
This shit is pretty fun, yet I don't fully understand it yet.

I just got killed by an alligator in a sewer.

Last edited by -Spector-; 2009-02-09 at 12:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-02-09, 11:23 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "This shit is pretty fun, yet I don't..."
Oh, also please post what your character name is so we can grief/help you! The game has a learning curve that is like running up a 2 floor staircase to a 3 degree wheelchair ramp that extends for miles. When you first start out you will really only be able to kill innocent puppies in the street and orphans in the Gein Foundation across the street from the Recycling Center (Re). If you have questions you can page or @send to FakeChuck.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2009-02-09 at 11:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2009-02-16, 01:45 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Oh, also please post what your..."
Okay you bastards:

Heaven (afterworld, outside of time)
Clouds, angels, harps. Looks really boring.

God and Sofiel are standing here with you.
[ Exits: down ]
Chiyo pulls the pin on her grenade.
Chiyo throws a grenade at Sofiel.
The grenade hits Sofiel in the abdomen.
Sofiel asks, "WUT HAPPENS IF I DIE N HEAVEN?"
Sofiel leaps heroically onto the grenade, covering it with her body!
Chiyo says, "I don't know"
God says, "YOU GO TO HELL"
The grenade explodes near Sofiel!

*** B O O M ***

You manage to shield yourself from some of the blast...
Sofiel is blown down by the explosion!
From below, you hear the muffled splat of impact.
From below, you hear a faint cracking of bones.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence